- .RWS / .ADS in VGMStream by Bs at 10:52 AM EST on February 22, 2011
- Okay so I've just recently started trying to get my video game music up into lossless quality on my computer, and these are two unsupported files types that are giving me a problem at the moment. The .ADS files are from Gran Turismo 4, as I'm just trying to get a song from there, which I already own on CD for the record, but the GT4 version is slightly different and I prefer it. One problem is that the files on there don't seem to be split in a way that 1 file = 1 track, and it seems to be all a bit confusing in that sense (some files might only be 30 seconds long for instance, but I'm assuming all the music must be in there somewhere, even if it takes a bit more effort to find it), so I don't know if anyone has any explanation for that, but the main problem aside from that is that they don't work in Foobar2000 with VGMStream. The other file type is .RWS which I gather is for RenderWare Sound, and it's from Burnout 2, which ideally I want all the music from, but again, the file type seems to be completely unsupported by VGMStream in Foobar. If anyone would be able to help me with either of these cases, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
- by manakoAT at 12:44 PM EST on February 22, 2011
- For GT4, just rename the files to .ss2
For Burnout there's no support until now, but it will be soon.
- by marcusss at 7:19 AM EST on February 23, 2011
- I just used genh to make the music in Burnout 2 playable ;-)
Would be cool someday for the original files to be playable though :D
- by Bs at 8:19 AM EST on February 24, 2011
- I tried renaming the GT4 files to .ss2 but it didn't make any difference at all. That said I'm not sure if I can even find the file I'm looking for. I'm using an extractor that was designed for GT3 and I don't think it's showing all the files. I don't know if there's a standard .vol extractor out there somewhere but I've not found anything so far?
marcusss, you wouldn't by any chance be able to elaborate on how you did that would you? I've only got a basic understanding of .genh so far, but I don't suppose you'd still have the details for the information you had to put in to get them to work around?
- by manakoAT at 1:26 PM EST on February 24, 2011
- That's funny, both sets play fine here, GT3 and GT4, using vgmstream_r928
- by Bs at 7:31 AM EST on February 25, 2011
- Hmmmmm, that is odd, as I'm pretty sure that's the version I'm using. I only got it a few weeks ago so I'll be using whatever the latest version is from then, which I think is that. In that case, I don't suppose you'd be able to send me the file for Feeder's Shatter would you, or upload a link for it somewhere, as that's the song I'm most trying to get. I already own it as a b-side on the Tumble And Fall single CD, but the GT4 version has an extended intro that isn't on any of the other versions, and I always preferred it, as it was the first version I heard. GT3 files worked fine for me so maybe I'm just having problems extracting from GT4 or something. Also you mentioned about how there would soon be support for .RWS, so I just wondered if you knew any more about when that might be? Thanks for your help.
- by marcusss at 9:40 AM EST on February 25, 2011
- Aww.. I forgot to mention I used the ps2 version which used a dif. extension not rws but same music nonetheless ;-)
e.g --> Big_Surf_Grove_Replay
I had trouble with the rws files myself when I tried so it will be nice it will be supported though I wonder if its better than the ps2 music or not.. hmm
- by Bs at 10:18 AM EST on February 26, 2011
- Well, I'm using an iso of the PAL PS2 version to get the files and they're all .rws as far as I can tell? If you've got them all though working completely as genhs, I don't suppose you'd be willing to upload them all together somewhere? =O
- by marcusss at 7:40 PM EST on February 26, 2011
- As far as I remember the PS2 version has its music not in rws but in a dif extension ips,ivs or something like that... Was while since I ripped it ;-)
Playstation 4bit ADPCM
Interleave 0x10 byes
Sample rate 48000 Hz
Channels 2 ,4
Some of the songs just abruptly end even when looped.. This is how it is in the game too as I played the game and checked after my genh rip.. Kinda strange :D
I remember some music are in 2 channel and others 4 channel so that can affect ripping attempts a little :)
Here is the rip I did in genh
edited 11:41 PM EST February 26, 2011
edited 11:41 PM EST February 26, 2011
- by Bs at 6:36 AM EST on February 28, 2011
- The .iso file I have has certain tracks in .ivs (Credits & Menu I think) but every other file in the Audio folder is .rws. Not sure what to make of that if you managed to get them all? Maybe it was different between versions. Thanks for the links. I'll get those now. Although I listened to the Big Grove/Big Surf link you sent me and it sounds incredibly bass heavy. Is it meant to be like that? I'm sure the guitar is meant to be much more prominent than that, and the current mp3 versions I have agree. I think if you listen to them on YouTube as well, I'm sure it's the same. Is there any way of fixing that on these files? Something with the EQ maybe? The quality's absolutely superb but I always loved that guitar line in what I guess would normally be the chorus part. I'm sure you know what I mean. Everything else is brilliant that I can tell so far, but even listening to the channel's individually on that one track, it's still insanely quiet. Any help?
manakoAT, any chance you could upload the file of Shatter (Feeder) from GT4 somewhere if you have it? Thanks =)
edited 10:42 AM EST February 28, 2011
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0272s;