- by Anga at 10:51 AM EST on February 26, 2015
- Hey there, I've been wondering if there's been any progress on this, since I've been trying to extract the audio of this game for a while, myself.
I also got everything in the effects folder extracted and converted perfectly (and BGM worked anyway) but no tool seems to be able to do anything with the files in the Autopsy (.aud), Cinematic (also .aud) and Stream (no extension) folders...
- by Dark_Ansem at 5:51 AM EST on March 5, 2015
- I know, I've tried to fix that for ages. VGMstream knows how to play AUD files but not those ones...
- by vajuvaju at 1:57 PM EDT on August 1, 2017
- Reviving this thread because of the awesome progress that has been made in VGMstream recently! I'm going to post all the audio-related folders from the game and whether or not they are decodable:
PARENT FOLDER /Audio:
/Autopsy: .AUD files, all decodable with the latest VGMstream (Custom Vorbis).
/Cinematic: same as Autopsy.
/Effects: MusyX files, all decodable as .dsp with the latest version of Nisto's musyx-extract. The only .dsp files that I couldn't play are "00323 (0x0143).dsp" ("boss" folder), "00363 (0x016B).dsp" and "00355 (0x0163).dsp" ("fx" folder). The "menu" folder files all work perfectly (remember, the menu sounds are stereo songs, each split into two mono files!).
/Music: .ADP files, already in the joshw drive.
/Stream: Extension-less files. Rename them to .DSP and you're good to go. The files labelled "l" and "r" are automatically joined and played back as stereo in foobar2000 when you play any of the two files. The rest are mono.
PARENT FOLDER /FMV:
Again, the .AUDs are now playable as Custom Vorbis. Have we figured out a way to play .h4m videos?
These are all I've figured out so far. The rest of the files in the game that I don't know how to decode or extract are in the folders /Ai (.dat), /Chars (.bin, .cpk, .tpl), /Cinematics (extension-less), /Credits (.cmp), /Rooms (.bpe) and, of course, the .h4m videos in /Fmv.
edited 2:01 PM EDT August 1, 2017
edited 2:17 PM EDT August 1, 2017
- by SubDrag at 4:05 PM EDT on August 1, 2017
- Aren't they compressed? Has that been broken. Or maybe audio is not?
- by Dark_Ansem at 6:42 PM EST on February 22, 2018
- I've been having another go at this. I'll let you know.
- by Dark_Ansem at 7:00 PM EST on February 22, 2018
- OK, so I double-checked. Whatever method I used before, taking WAVs out, extracts the same files. However, there is an issue: audio files aren't sometimes extracted as they are heard in-game. Is it possible the game alters their pitch/tempo?
- by Dark_Ansem at 5:38 AM EST on February 23, 2018
- and BTW: a big thank you to the guys.
- by Dark_Ansem at 10:57 AM EDT on March 28, 2019
- Got the DSP out, collection almost complete but something appears to be missing.
- by AdeleHouck at 10:27 PM EDT on April 7, 2019
- Speaking about such types of format, we can find a lot of variants to be done with the help of modern tools and equipment. Nevertheless, there are several eternal ones described here and the most popular because of this.
edited 10:29 PM EDT April 7, 2019
- by Dark_Ansem at 3:54 PM EDT on April 11, 2019
- What are you talking about AdeleHouck? That's just a Wikipedia link.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0029s;