- by Nisto at 7:32 AM EDT on September 4, 2018
- @jackoalan: very impressive work. Are there plans to support song playback directly in the editor GUI? Or is that possible already somehow? If so, I wasn't able to figure out how.
Unfortunately, it still won't render bgm_0a from Resident Evil Zero. It crashes about 9 seconds into the track.
edited 7:35 AM EDT September 4, 2018
- by jackoalan at 2:14 PM EDT on September 4, 2018
- Yes, if the game has multiple songs in a supported container, do File > Import Songs and select the song container file.
Then you open the song group from the project tree (pink folder with note icon), then look in the MIDI Setups tab. Here you can see the imported songs with play buttons, or browse to another MIDI or individual SNG file if the game didn't package the song into a multi-song container. Once selected, right clicking the song file name will let you convert back and forth between MIDI and SNG if you wish.
I'll have a look at that crashing SNG later. I'm also working on looping SNG support since I just discovered how SNG encodes loop information.
- by Nisto at 4:50 PM EDT on September 4, 2018
- The groups I tried importing didn't have multiple songs, but I didn't see any play buttons in the MIDI Setups tab. I had to click the Browse button in the MIDI File column to locate the group's song file. Then the play button finally appeared. Nevertheless - it works! Great job.
- by jackoalan at 7:46 PM EDT on September 4, 2018
- Yea, that's a bit of a UX fail on my part. I'll add a "double click to select file" hint to those setup rows when they're unset.
- by vajuvaju at 5:25 PM EDT on September 5, 2018
- Excellent update, jackoalan! The GUI kicks ass.
Is there any way to adjust the volume of a rendered song in amuserender?
- amuserender by EskimoWolf at 3:37 PM EDT on September 6, 2018
- The amuserender doesn't seem to work in the 2018_09_03 build. I had the old renderer working, one that came with a the .pdb file. (Possible missing from the new release?)
When run, the new version simply says "Found '4 RAW Chunks' Audio Group data" and closes. No output.
Does anybody else have this issue?
edited 4:18 PM EDT September 6, 2018
- by jackoalan at 6:05 PM EDT on September 8, 2018
- Here's a new release that should fix the reported issues.
bgm_0a now plays correctly (it has an odd way of representing a non-looping sample in its SDIR). amuserender no longer crashes when given a group in the working directory. A `-v` option has been added to amuserender so the master volume may be adjusted (e.g. `-v 0.7` will render at 70% volume on a dB-power scale).
Also, looping SNGs are now fully supported! Extracted .mid files will have control changes on CC 102 defining the loop-start and CC 103 defining the loop-end. Note that MusyX supports looping on a whole-song or per-channel basis (the latter is mostly used in SFX sequences). If an input .mid only has the control changes on *one channel* this will be a whole-song loop, otherwise a pair of control changes must appear on each channel.
edited 6:09 PM EDT September 8, 2018
- by jackoalan at 6:06 PM EDT on September 8, 2018
- Oh I also forgot to mention, Rogue Squadron works once again, both N64 and PC versions. This is the only non-GameCube title I've tested, but there's a good chance others will work. Please report if this isn't the case.
- by Nisto at 7:49 AM EDT on September 9, 2018
- Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work.
- by vajuvaju at 7:34 AM EDT on September 10, 2018
- Thank you for adding the -v option in amuserender!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0055s;