- (Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories) Soundfont error ? by procurado at 6:14 AM EDT on April 10, 2016
- I just tried to use VGMTrans to get the soundfont files.
The file is generated (.SF2 or .DLS) but when opened with Awave Studio the message "missing cue" it is shown.
The .DSL file when loaded in FL studio still with no sound. Seems to be empty.
Please... Some nerdy vgm lover like me could help to generated these soundfont files? or maybe there is another way to get this?
edited 6:17 AM EDT April 10, 2016
- by Nisto at 10:33 AM EDT on April 10, 2016
- VGMTrans has had issues with converting VAB and SCEI banks for a long time now. :/ It won't even create an output file for any SCEI bank I've tested so far, and it happens with some VAB files as well.
If you upload the files I can convert them with the latest version of Awave Studio (registered). But even it has issues because of the way envelopes works between VAB and SF2. So it may not sound right after all.
- by procurado at 4:45 PM EDT on April 11, 2016
- That its really sad. Thanks for the info anyway.
If you want to give a shot, the PSF files can be found here:
Tracks 33 and 39 are my target.
Sorry for the late response, problems with my beloved internet company.
- by Nisto at 7:06 PM EDT on April 11, 2016
It looks like VGMTrans doesn't even find the samples properly in those PSFs, so naturally it won't create proper soundfonts either.
Use something like vgmtoolbox to get the VAB data out as single files and load those in VGMTrans instead, then try converting again. Worked for me at least. Sounds good in both Awave Studio and fb2k.
Or here, if you still can't get it to convert:
edited 11:44 PM EDT April 11, 2016
- by procurado at 11:15 PM EDT on April 11, 2016
- OMG! Thank you! I really appreciate it.
VGMTrans still not finished so the problem was me being a noob... lol.
Now i can get that percussive pattern on 33.
So my hobby its to try to "MIDIfy" by ear some VGM that i like... if you do have a simple track that you like but cant find a MIDI over the internet... let me know.
Cant assure you 100% accuracy but this is the only way that i can return a favor.
But please no orchestral, especially "one winged angel" like.
edited 11:15 PM EDT April 11, 2016
- (Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories) Soundfont error ? by Lebeno at 7:41 PM EDT on April 29, 2016
- How exactly did you convert those files?
- by jimbo1qaz at 9:27 PM EDT on April 29, 2016
- VGMTrans? https://github.com/vgmtrans/vgmtrans/releases
- by Lebeno at 9:44 PM EDT on April 29, 2016
- I've tried converting the .PSF's VAB files into sf2s, but it doesn't seem to work
- by jimbo1qaz at 6:47 AM EDT on May 1, 2016
- Is this "vab" file issue also the reason Chrono Cross + vgmtrans = missing instruments?
- by HumblePasserby at 8:37 PM EDT on July 4, 2016
- how did you split the vabs?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0059s;