- Need help extracting sound from .str files by terminator@ at 5:52 PM EST on December 30, 2016
I am trying to modify the .str files of the Dragon Ball GT Final Bout game to change the the character voices of the game to another language. The problem is that these .str are not the same type of format as other games: They're like a pack of sounds. I have tried using Xtractor .NET, quickbms and other programs, but I don't even know if the program is extracting correctly the .str files. And in the case I succeed on extracting them, I don't know how to repack the files because, as I said, it doesn't has the same structure as the majority of STR files. Does anyone know how to edit these .str files?
Here you have the .iso of the game:
Here is the iso
- by Nisto at 6:39 PM EST on December 30, 2016
- Are you having trouble with any particular file? LOGO.STR shows as an erroneous file in IsoBuster, but everything else seems fine. I tested CASTROLL.STR and all of the tracks within it play fine in the latest version of foobar2000/vgmstream.
Make sure you extract .STR files as RAW (2352 bytes per sector). And add headers/split with VGMToolbox (CD-XA Extractor).
To repack decompressed audio to this format, I know there are at least a couple of tools available in the Psy-Q SDK, look it up. Good luck.
- by terminator@ at 12:37 AM EST on December 31, 2016
We are having trouble with the DEMOXA01.str, DEMOXA02.str, DEMOXA03.str and FINISH.str. I have extracted them RAW and, if I am correct, they are 16 files on the DEMOXA 01 and 02, 4 files on the DEMOXA 03 and 18 files on the FINISH. Can you confirm me that I am correct? I will try tomorrow these tools.
Could it be that they are hidden xa audios? Because I have searched for a specified xa file that said a sentence and I haven't found it. What it is sure is that it has to be in one of the 4 files above.
Thank you very much!
- by terminator@ at 4:12 PM EST on January 2, 2017
- Help plis?
- by Nisto at 5:02 PM EST on January 2, 2017
- Hi. Sorry, I've been away during the new years days.
Yes, the count seems to be correct. That is, if VGMToolbox's algorithm isn't failing in some way.
Can you upload the audio of the sentence you mention, or quote it? I'll see if I can find it somewhere. It doesn't necessarily have to be CD-XA data.
- by terminator@ at 6:10 PM EST on January 2, 2017
- At the moment I am not at home, that's why I cannot upload them now, but I will upload the files when I come back.
I also have a doubt, the Movconverter program from the PSY-Q SDK can repack the .str with the same filesize? I tried to do it and the filesize was a lot more than the original, and I also can't extract it with jPSXdec. Which settings I have to use to repack the .xa files to a single .str?
- by Nisto at 6:40 PM EST on January 2, 2017
- Is there a reason you need them to be the same size? Does the game keep internal data of the size of the STR files that prevents you from replacing them with smaller/larger files or something? If not, you should be able to replace them using cdpatch from Neill Corlett's cmdpack.
- by terminator@ at 2:12 AM EST on January 3, 2017
- I do not know, I could not create a str that is not corrupt, when I create a str with movconverter and then I try to decompress it, it seems to be corrupted since it does not decompress the xa correctly
Why to create str with movconverter should be enough? I do not understand why I believe it corrupt
Here I have left the xa and the corrupt str that creates the movconverter
edited 2:44 AM EST January 3, 2017
- by terminator@ at 3:52 AM EST on January 5, 2017
- Sorry to bother you, did you find out anything? thank you very much.
- by terminator@ at 1:19 PM EST on January 9, 2017
- Could someone help me please?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0093s;