- by Uikri at 3:28 PM EDT on March 14, 2017
EDIT: Seeing the controversy earlier in the thread, my main thing is I'm lonely and feel like I can't even make friends with the people that do share my interests, and it makes me sad and mildly depressed. I thought it was kind of nice to see a place to express my feelings on here, and so took the opportunity.
Original reply to OP: I know how you feel, though not to the extent. I haven't been antagonized to that degree, but people still don't respect VGM or my love for it.
But for me it's debatably worse. I feel isolated from and somewhat rejected even by people like the ones that spend their time here, mostly because I don't know how to work with resources like they do. At this point I know how to get almost any file that plays in foobar2000 to loop or can export it to a lossless format for extension, but that's it. I don't know how to contribute to holy grails like Pikmin 1 & 2 or Luigi's Mansion and I feel like that separates me from the people and work I want to be involved with the most. I'm really, extra willing to learn! Can't someone point me to a teacher? I've tried teaching myself and nothing much ever comes from it ("oh look, a cucco!" is essentially what happens).
edited 3:33 PM EDT March 14, 2017
edited 3:43 PM EDT March 14, 2017
- by drexl at 4:44 PM EDT on March 14, 2017
- Contribution doesn't narrow down to only providing the analyses and interfaces in order to play the music. Contribution to this community also means being part of the community: Providing others by being a real human in the community, by developing, discussing and living taste. Don't feel ashamed just because you didn't write the latest BMS to MIDI converter.
- by RebeccaSugar at 5:39 PM EDT on March 31, 2017
- Well said. Anything counts.
- by Swiftie24 at 5:45 PM EDT on March 31, 2017
- I don't see how having a passion , in this case video game rips of music and etc about audio is a ''bad'' thing. Lol people will hate on anybody for the lamest reason. Don't give them power :)
- by RebeccaSugar at 12:24 AM EDT on April 1, 2017
- It's not about being 'hated', per say. I think It's more that people don't understand. Which really stings...
- by drexl at 3:18 PM EDT on April 12, 2017
- Yes, it's not about hate. It's about being alone.
- by Uikri at 12:41 PM EDT on May 9, 2017
Yeah, but I hate feeling like I'm just leeching off of other people's skills, and there are also projects that are going to take a really long time, if they ever get finished at all, and I'd like to be working on them myself, such as BMS, like you mentioned, or ripping Legacy of Goku II's music.
- by MusashiAA at 12:13 PM EDT on May 12, 2017
- So I've been in this workplace for a month now, and I've been asked multiple times what kind of music I like, since the workers tend to play music to work along with.
At first, I refused answering, which made them think I was being rude or weird.
Then I tried suggesting one OST: Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere. It wasn't well received, and after 3 tracks it got changed to something else.
Then some other day, someone attempted to please me by playing the entire FF7 and OoT OSTs. 2 tracks in, and he was told to switch it off by another workmate.
Then another day, I was told to give a VGM OST suggestion, I mentioned CV Bloodlines. 5 tracks in, someone came into our office asking what the fuck was playing, and suggested to switch it off to something else.
I was literally right in my reasons not to reveal my musical tastes: nobody appreciates it; hell, it even caused some mild disgust, and that hit me kinda hard.
Social stigma and loneliness.
- by hcs at 12:43 PM EDT on May 12, 2017
- I don't know why some people are so intolerant, but it probably genuinely irritates them. If you're like me, though, you probably wouldn't tell someone else to turn off their selection if you were irritated... so I don't know how to account for that.
At least you had one person on your side!
- by AnonRunzes at 5:29 PM EDT on May 12, 2017
- @MusashiAA - Just ask them back what kind of music do they like. It's not that hard.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0033s;