- Mario Power Tennis/Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour model/sound ripping help by triple_z at 5:49 PM EDT on April 15, 2017
- Nobody probably goes on here anymore, but I was wondering if there was a way to rip the models/sounds from both Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.
1. They don't have any file extensions. None. Nada.
2. The files are listed as letters of the alphabet. There is absolutely NO results on Google (or bing) on how to rip these files.
Can someone help here, please?
EDIT: I am not willing to work with 3D Ripper DX or any other program of that sort.
edited 6:09 PM EDT April 15, 2017
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 6:56 PM EDT on April 15, 2017
- From what I know, there exists MIDI rips for these two games, but without their respective soundbanks. As far as models/sounds are concerned, I do not hold enough information to provide a solid conclusion of whether or not they have been ripped. Hopefully somebody else here can answer your question.
- by MurraySkull at 2:42 AM EDT on April 16, 2017
- Wii version of Mario Power Tennis should be doable, right?
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 4:08 AM EDT on April 16, 2017
- To be honest, I was expecting MPT's files for both the Wii and the GameCube games to be identical (in the same way Twilight Princess is), but to my surprise, they are actually quite different. It turns out that Mario Power Tennis actually has its sounds stored in BRSAR archives and its music STREAMED. I'm not very experienced with textures, but I would not be surprised if they're structured differently and potentially ripable.
TL;DR The Wii version of Mario Power Tennis is most definitely doable for sounds (although not MIDI instrument sounds) and possibly doable for textures.
EDIT 1: It seems some of the sound effects are actually included as BRSTMs for...some reason.
EDIT 2: Hmmm, it turns out the joshw archive doesn't actually contain any audio for either version of Mario Power Tennis, which leads me to believe this may be a new discovery. Interesting...
edited 4:26 AM EDT April 16, 2017
- by triple_z at 5:47 PM EDT on April 16, 2017
- I have looked into the Mario Power Tennis Wii ISO and found SBN model files in /elfbin. Can anyone tell me how to rip these kinds of files?
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 8:22 PM EDT on April 16, 2017
- No offense, but this forum is almost exclusively focused on the audio and music coming from video games. I mean, it may be possible that somebody here can help you with ripping the models, but I'm pretty sure there are better places to seek help if you want to rip anything unrelated to audio.
- by triple_z at 3:30 PM EDT on April 17, 2017
- Hm, I guess I can see that. Oh well, thank you for trying to help!
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 9:24 PM EDT on April 17, 2017
- Yeah, no problem. At the very least if you need help dumping sounds from the BRSARs for the Wii's Mario Power Tennis, you can either use the most recent version of BrawlBox to help navigate through everything or you can use programs like VGMToolbox to dump everything in the archives as RWAVs, which can then be converted in mass to a standard format through foobar2000 if you have vgmstream installed (though vgmstream can also play back these files too).
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0029s;