- Castlevania Chronicles loop trouble by Sephirothkefka at 8:31 AM EST on November 25, 2017
- Currently playing back the Castlevania Chronicles .MIB rip and have noticed they end abruptly/don't loop. Running the latest build of VGMStream via Winamp. Is there something I'm missing or?
- by bnnm at 11:10 AM EST on November 25, 2017
- That's because the rip ain't no good.
The original data is not .MIB but raw Sony data in a giant .VB2 file. The headers are in the exe (at 0x3FB20 in the EUR version), with loop points in sector format and non-standard sample rates (ex. the first file is not 44100 but 42732).
Other PS1 Konami games are like this too but I guess nobody cares about those clearly off-sounding Suikoden tracks :(
The only way to fix is re-rip with GENH/TXTH, I'll add it the to-do pile.
- by Sephirothkefka at 10:13 PM EST on November 25, 2017
- I wonder why Konami went with this solution rather than sticking with something more traditional like VAG or XA. We may never know the answer to that question.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0027s;