- Joshw's stance on UMX files and other similar container formats by Slender at 6:08 PM EST on January 5, 2019
- I noticed that in games such as Unreal and Deus Ex (PC), UMX files have been extracted and the extracted files have been archived, however in games such as Unreal Tournament and Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone, the UMX files are there instead. In cases like these, which one is preferred, the UMX files or the files extracted from them? In the case of Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone, I've extracted the UMXs a while ago and could reupload the rip.
edited 6:22 PM EST January 5, 2019
- by kode54 at 9:12 PM EST on January 5, 2019
- That depends. UMX is a container format. In the earlier Unreal Engine games, the music format was sequenced module formats, in the Impulse Tracker, Scream Tracker 3, or FastTracker 2 formats. Later games just contained streamed music, possibly with loop points. Still in the Unreal archive format, with a .umx extension.
- by Slender at 10:21 PM EST on January 5, 2019
- Harry Potter seems to be plain MP2, from what I've seen of it, though loop points could be a possibility. Doesn't seem likely, though.
edited 10:23 PM EST January 5, 2019
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0024s;