- by Tanookirby at 10:34 PM EDT on March 13, 2022
- Yoshi's Story could surely use a rerip by now.
- by Eliskuya at 7:03 PM EDT on April 8, 2022
- I am surprised no one did not request nightmare creatures
- by Daxtear at 7:12 AM EDT on April 19, 2022
- I am waiting for the day the music of CyberTiger is ripped
- by Trogdorbad at 12:27 AM EDT on April 26, 2022
- Hey You, Pikachu! probably needs a rerip honestly - the title theme just isn't present in the current one
- by agu fungus at 8:26 PM EDT on July 14, 2022
- I don't know what's happening. I'm trying to play the Super Mario 64 sets, both the rerip and the N64DD rip, but both play too fast in 64th Note. Is it a player problem, or a rip problem? I'm using XMPlay for the plugin.
Edit: I guess it's a player problem. I tried it with Foobar2000, and the set plays properly.
edited 9:42 PM EDT July 14, 2022
- by Lunar at 6:27 AM EDT on August 1, 2022
- I am wondering if the ambient tracks in the N64 Zelda games are indexed as BGMs but their miniusfs were pruned from the sets before they were released? e.g. Hyrule Field at night, Clock Town at night and suchlike - there are probably a whole bunch. Call me unusual but even those ambiences have some powerful nostalgia for me and I'd enjoy listening to them from time to time!
- by hcs at 7:16 AM EDT on August 1, 2022
- I don't recall removing them. Judging from a decompilation, it looks like nature ambience is done via song #1, and some other mechanism picks one of the ambience tracks. Probably a combination of Audio_PlayNatureAmbienceSequence and Audio_StartNatureAmbienceSequence.
(See also the enum for cutscene sfx, perhaps.)
edited 7:18 AM EDT August 1, 2022
- by Lunar at 9:36 AM EDT on August 1, 2022
- Ah right, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying hcs. I will make do with some mp3s in that case.
- by slickm at 10:34 AM EDT on September 17, 2022
- There are a few games that AFAIK never got rips: Dark Rift, Nagano Winter Olympics '98, and Superman. Anyone able/willing to do those?
edited 10:34 AM EDT September 17, 2022
- by DarkOK at 8:07 PM EDT on October 15, 2022
- Anybody willing to do International Superstar Soccer 2000? Even on YouTube uploads of the music from this game are incredibly scarce and barely exist.
- by andiandi at 3:18 PM EST on December 23, 2022
- I would like to request Flying Dragon if possible. It has very good musics.
- by marcusss at 8:16 AM EST on December 29, 2022
- Sounds like your prayers were answered !
edited 8:17 AM EST December 29, 2022
- by Eliskuya at 12:53 AM EST on January 1, 2023
- flying Dragon plays too fast
- by McStoat at 2:28 PM EST on January 1, 2023
- Not just Flying Dragon, couple of the recent USF uploads play a bit too fast.
- by Eliskuya at 4:57 PM EST on January 1, 2023
- indeed McStoat!
- by hcs at 6:32 PM EST on January 1, 2023
- Are you using 64th Note? Newer rips tend to be somewhat incompatible with 64th Note, which is long unsupported. I recommend using foobar2000 and foo_input_usf.
If you do want to get these sets working in 64th Note for whatever reason, which I do not recommend, you need to remove the _enableFIFOfull tag. I don't know if the timing is quite right, but it's closer.
It's easily done by running this in the directory if you have psfpoint:
psfpoint -_enableFIFOfull= *.miniusf
Here's a batch to do it: removefifo. To use, extract removefifo.bat and psfpoint.exe to the same place, then drag the folder with the miniusfs onto removefifo.bat. (The batch or psfpoint don't seem to like non-ascii names in the path like with Hiryū no Ken Twin, life sucks that way)
edited 6:46 PM EST January 1, 2023
- by MusicMantis at 11:21 PM EST on January 1, 2023
- I'm very thankful for the Chameleon Twist rip!
I noticed there are some tracks missing though and I so I thought I'd bring it to your attention. Using the music test, the tracks line up to the sparse files in order - with exceptions of the missing tracks, which are 14, 17, 19, 23, 26, 27 and 28.
Examining the sparse files, I see that track 13 references "0D" and track 15 references "0F", so it makes sense to me that 14 would be "0E", but that track is entirely absent and manually adjusting this results in a file that doesn't play.
I was wondering if this is something that could be fixed?
Regardless, thank you Josh for your efforts. It's always wonderful to see more N64 games added in the "new files" section. Happy New Year!
- by andiandi at 1:05 PM EST on January 2, 2023
- Thanks for Flying Dragon!
- Carnivale by Enclave123 at 9:38 AM EST on January 24, 2023
- I have been testing the sparse files.
So far one file does not play that is Sparse0a.
Instead no music actually plays in the file.
- Battle for Naboo Request by Enclave123 at 12:17 PM EST on January 24, 2023
- I would love to see a USF set for Battle for Naboo which is composed by Chris Huelsbeck who did Rogue Squadron.
Since I really liked the music as much as Rogue Squadron.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software