Previous Page | Next Page
- by soneek at 5:02 PM EST on December 28, 2013
- So far no one has been successful with this newer form of HCA. It's been a problem for a while. :/
- by alexfilth at 9:28 AM EST on January 12, 2014
- While we wait for a new and/or updated hca decoder you can use CriAtomPlayer to play the hca files.
To use it just drag&drop an hca file into it.
I wonder if it's possible to make a decoder using this little tool.
- In regards to Yakuza 5 by Ultrafighter at 6:27 AM EST on January 14, 2014
- I can confirm that while this player chokes up on most HCA from the game as well as both decoders it obviously has slightly higher effectiveness at dealing with such files therefore it will definitely be not pointless to add some code from it into any of those decoders I`ve been mentioning. However the one right above my post has one big inconvenience at usage as the only mode it seems to be able to work in is infinite looping so that actual user has to manually abort playback of each and every both playable or unsupported track (yes even if it gives out an error regarding number of channels being out of player`s capacity range one is forced to Ctrl+C -> N the batch every time he feels need to skip to the next audio file).
That being sad I`m still happy I managed to reduce those GBs of currently unusable music at least a little bit.
edited 7:05 AM EST January 14, 2014
- .neo by FinalBlast at 8:46 PM EST on January 15, 2014
- So far so good, however there are these .neo
files that also contain .hca fmt:
They give out this error upon using CriAtomPlayer:
Codec : ADX
E2009010901:Can not decode this file format. <First 4Byte = 0x0000000, Size = 32768,
Address is stored in the last parameter.>
edited 8:50 PM EST January 15, 2014
- Coming back by j_hk at 12:25 AM EST on January 17, 2014
- Hello everyone.
Here comes the latest SDK for CRI ADX2 LE. Unluckily I'm not good at reverse engineering. Maybe you guys could make use of it.
Good news. This SDK contains C/C++ headers and a dll under x86. With these we may make further progress.
Also to FinalBlast: CriAtomPlayer is a single file player. Here 'single file' means .hca, etc.
It can't deal with packages like .cpk, .awb, ...
edited 1:10 AM EST January 17, 2014
edited 1:11 AM EST January 17, 2014
- by bxaimc at 12:20 PM EST on January 24, 2014
- IIRC .neo are compressed.
- by bxaimc at 12:21 PM EST on January 24, 2014
- They do contain HCA but as far being able to play them is unknown. I've seen them in Valkyria Chronicles 2
edited 12:23 PM EST January 24, 2014
- by Knurek at 1:49 PM EST on January 24, 2014
- Isn't Valkyria Chronicle 2 encrypted CSB + xored AT3s?
edited 2:17 AM EST January 25, 2014
- by bxaimc at 7:28 PM EST on January 26, 2014
- Oh! that's right. wtf did I see those other .neos???
- by Knurek at 12:41 AM EST on January 27, 2014
- Incidently, was anyone able to dexor the AT3s? I'd love to have the game pmh ready. :)
- Q by FinalBlast at 3:44 AM EST on February 14, 2014
- Any news about the .neo files?
- by bxaimc at 10:02 AM EST on February 14, 2014
- by chungus at 4:19 AM EST on February 28, 2014
- Hello everyone, my first post here. Just came to chime in about those .neo files..
I unpacked the dialogue .cpk files in the recently released EDF 2025 and found out that half of the voice files were in .hca format and other half in .neo format. As it turns out, the .neo is the same as .hca, but with 16 blank bytes added in the beginning. When I deleted the first line so that the file begins with HCA and renamed the file extension from .neo to .hca, it played in the cri atom player. Don't know if that's the case with the .neo files in other games but just so you know.
edited 4:19 AM EST February 28, 2014
- success by FinalBlast at 7:15 AM EST on March 1, 2014
- Thanks for mentioning this, I confirm it works even on the game I got those .neo's from by removing the first 16 bytes as told! :)
- by OmarAhmed at 6:34 PM EST on March 3, 2014
edited 6:35 PM EST March 3, 2014
- by alexfilth at 8:50 PM EDT on June 5, 2014
- This tool should be able to play hca files in PES 2014 (by using SongLoader.dll i think). Maybe it's possible to extract something useful from it.
- by vajuvaju at 4:25 AM EDT on July 8, 2014
- I'm having trouble with the .bin files from the Nintendo DS game Rock Band 3. I extracted them from the .awb archive but HCA2WAV says "error reading HCA header."
Here's a .bin.
- by ssh at 5:01 PM EDT on July 11, 2014
that your uploded file (.bin) is adx format, converter here
also encoder (wav to adx) and adx player (rename .bin to .adx to play):
edited 1:24 AM EDT July 12, 2014
- by umbra at 3:56 AM EDT on August 10, 2014
- Having some trouble with HCA files from PSO2 alpha2. outgoing produces garbage, and HCA2WAV cannot read header - it's XORed. Might these be XORed HCA v1.3?
3 samples here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e6n1nu2rt9xt5zr/AAD0at5z-zKuAsckMNevcjOia
edited 10:14 AM EDT August 10, 2014
edited 10:16 AM EDT August 10, 2014
- by Asher at 7:13 AM EDT on September 6, 2014
- Have made a patch for the latest SDK for CRI ADX2 LE. Maybe it will help to analyze HCA files.
edited 12:20 PM EDT September 6, 2014
- by enemy33 at 5:56 PM EDT on September 8, 2014
- The thing about about PSO2 Alpha is I think they weren't HCA. I believe they were just plain ADX. If I remember correctly Degod should be able to convert them.
- by hcs at 10:16 PM EDT on September 8, 2014
- vgmstream should handle the PSO2 Alpha stuff directly. Though is it possible that there are more than one version of files from different alpha releases? I can't make sense of the samples umbra uploaded, maybe voice is a different thing.
edited 3:25 AM EDT September 9, 2014
- by umbra at 9:06 AM EDT on September 10, 2014
- They were using ADX for music in the Alpha, that's true. These are sound effects (from acb containers) and are definitely HCA. Strangely, the same files from future versions convert without a hitch.
- by ssh at 10:25 AM EDT on September 12, 2014
- @umbra try this decoder Hca_decoder, no idea who made that decoder, found from here Link.
- by umbra at 8:00 AM EDT on September 22, 2014
- Still getting noise. Editing the decryption key from the batch file and trying a recent HCA produces the same noise. So, it's probably reasonable to assume the decryption key is different for the alpha.
- by Sodisna at 5:54 PM EDT on November 1, 2014
- Hi, wondering if anyone knows how to unpack the ACB files in PSO2 and convert them to wave.
- by ssh at 2:23 AM EST on November 14, 2014
- Here newest CRI Adx2_le sdk v2.00 Link
And here just tools from sdk without full documentation files Tools
- by guest at 4:16 AM EST on November 14, 2014
- Error in HCA by sma6871 at 12:47 PM EST on November 25, 2014
- I use CRI Adx2_le Tools to create ACB/AWB files but the wav output be bad sound when I select HCA encoding !!
What's the problem?
And is there another way to create hca file?
- by Infernus Animositas at 11:03 AM EST on January 19, 2015
- ssh, could you provide a new license file for the SDK?
- by ssh at 3:38 PM EST on January 19, 2015
- @Infernus *****
- by Infernus Animositas at 12:24 AM EST on January 20, 2015
- Thank you ssh :)
- by mauridi at 5:24 AM EST on February 4, 2015
- I have converted .wav files in .hca with cri atom craft. Now when I drag & drop file .hca on cri atom player it doesn't replay correctly. Does anyone know the reason?
This is one of the files converted (.hca):
edited 11:30 AM EST February 4, 2015
- mauridi by gdr555 at 7:46 AM EST on February 4, 2015
- "I have converted .wav files in .hca with cri atom craft. Now when I drag & drop file .hca on cri atom player it doesn't replay correctly. Does anyone know the reason?"
You need to convert this file from 01 to 00 chunk, I made this software and can send it by email. My email: email@example.com
- by mauridi at 6:01 AM EST on February 5, 2015
- @gdr555: Could you explain better please?
- by bxaimc at 2:15 PM EST on February 5, 2015
- Sounds fishy, I wouldnt.
- by mauridi at 7:04 AM EST on February 8, 2015
- I have a problem with cri atom viewer 1.31.71 when I try to open .acb file. In Log I have this error:
"E2010090700B:The number of Field exceeds the number of MAX Field.E2009120814:Failed to initialize CriAtomTblCsb. Maybe, This ACB file was made by newer format. Please update ADX2 library.E2010031902:An ACB file is not yet loaded.E2010090700B:The number of Field exceeds the number of MAX Field.E2009120813:Failed to initialize CriAtomTblCsb. Maybe, This ACB file was made by newer format. Please update ADX2 library."
Do you know how I can solve?
- 01 to 00 chunk by FinalBlast at 1:23 AM EST on March 6, 2015
- Any new information that we could use to convert from 01 to 00 chunk? That post earlier is too damn suspicious...
edited 6:34 AM EST March 6, 2015
- by Nisto at 5:56 PM EDT on April 3, 2015
- Anyone ever seen HCA files with a header like this before? Seems none of HCA2WAV, hcadec or VGMToolbox can decode it..
Sample here (with original header)
edited 11:06 PM EDT April 3, 2015
- by snakemeat at 6:14 PM EDT on April 3, 2015
- Anyone ever seen HCA files with a header like this before? Seems none of HCA2WAV, hcadec or VGMToolbox can decode it.
Not sure what it means, and you've probably already noticed, but for some reason each of the chunk identifiers has been XOR'd with 0x80.
- by Nisto at 6:44 PM EDT on April 3, 2015
- Yep, that's correct, I did that for the sake of demonstrating in the screenshot (hence the notation of "original header" in the download link too).
So no idea how these HCA types can be decoded huh?
- Nisto by gdr55_55 at 8:39 PM EDT on April 4, 2015
- You need to convert this file from 56 to 00 chunk.
- by Nisto at 9:31 PM EDT on April 4, 2015
- Mhm, and how do I do that?
- Nisto by gdr55_55 at 2:48 AM EDT on April 5, 2015
- One file or more?
- by Nisto at 4:38 AM EDT on April 5, 2015
- The game has 75 HCA files, but any progress would be great of course..
- Nisto by gdr55_55 at 5:23 AM EDT on April 5, 2015
- I need to change the decoder (01 to 00) to (56 to 00). I will report on readiness.
- by rikimtasu at 5:13 AM EDT on August 11, 2015
- Just got a dat file from extracted BGM.awb. It is from an andriod game and seems to build with unity. Any idea how to convert them as HCA_decoder doesn't work too well.
- by Penpa at 9:47 PM EDT on August 15, 2015
- Hey guys. So I followed most of this thread in trying to change the music for Storm 3. The only thing i can't get to work is the acb cuesheet file. What do I do with it? After changing the music for the hca files do I have to go back and do something to the acb file? Is there a way to see what stage corresponds to what hca file with the acb file? Everytime I open it in Cri Viewer I only get things like stg01 to stg47 even though the game only has 40 stages... Also, everytime I try to play my hca files through the Cri Viewer I get noise, but when I do it through the CriAtomPlayer I get the actual song, is this normal? Finally, does anyone know how to make each stage have a playlist that picks songs randomly? Thanks for your help and sorry for the huge amount of questions.
- by Infernus Animositas at 11:19 PM EDT on August 15, 2015
- What do I do with it?
After changing the music for the hca files do I have to go back and do something to the acb file?
No, you shouldn't have to. As long as the file you replaced has the exact same filename it will playback in game just fine.
Is there a way to see what stage corresponds to what hca file with the acb file?
Not really if all you're given is "stgxx" from the ACB cue sheet. You'll just have to work out which stage corrosponds to which cue name from the ACB cue sheet.
Everytime I open it in Cri Viewer I only get things like stg01 to stg47 even though the game only has 40 stages...
Naming conventions don't have to make sense except to the developers.
Also, everytime I try to play my hca files through the Cri Viewer I get noise, but when I do it through the CriAtomPlayer I get the actual song, is this normal?
Yes it is. No idea why to be honest.
Finally, does anyone know how to make each stage have a playlist that picks songs randomly?
No, sorry. Not even sure if you'd be able to do that without understanding how to use CRI Atom Craft.
edited 4:31 AM EDT August 16, 2015
- by Penpa at 6:25 AM EDT on August 16, 2015
- Hi Infernus Animositas! Thanks for clearing up my questions. In reference to the last question, the only reason I ask is because the person who's music mod im trying to replicate my self did it. He made a randomized playlist of songs for every stage in the game, so every battle in that stage has at least 10 songs it randomly chooses when the fight starts.
Not sure how he did it, but I will note that, for example, the original games .awb file has HCA files all the way to 00000058 along with the letters 0000000a and 0000001a etc... while the person's mod I downloaded had more HCA files with a new naming convention of 000000a0 up to f9 including letters with letters such as 000000ea in addition to having numbered hca files to 00000099 up from 58. Not sure how he managed to tie multiple to a single stage and randomize them though. In total he had 259 hca file while the original has 90.
Also I forgot to ask, is it also normal for your own converted hca songs to be noise when played on the player or did I do something wrong in the conversion? I will note that, weirdly, the file i converted to HCA sounds like noise in the player but regular song in the viewer, even though ti was the opposite before conversion... I also read somewhere that the hca file you are replacing cant be bigger than the original. Is this true? Final final question, do you or anyone else know how to make your hca files loop? I notice the battle music in the game never ends when playing in the player. Thanks again for your help.
edited 1:11 PM EDT August 16, 2015
- by Kyte at 11:31 AM EDT on August 22, 2015
- I've been trying to extract the sound files from a certain android game, but both CriAtomPlayer and HCA_decoder throw noise (sounds the same through both though). Looking at it through an hex editor it seems it's mangled or encrypted somehow, but I can't tell how.
Attached is a sample file:
The .hca was packed inside of a .awb inside a .cpk, so it may've been corrupted during the extraction process, but I find that unlikely.
edited 4:43 PM EDT August 22, 2015
- by Kyte at 4:35 PM EDT on August 22, 2015
- Hold on I just realized it's XOR'd with 0x80 everywhere.
E: Well that didn't work.
edited 10:40 PM EDT August 22, 2015
- by mauridi at 12:17 PM EST on November 23, 2015
- Anyone have the last version (2.14) of CRI ADX2 LE?
Thanks a lot.
- by Nigoli at 1:22 AM EST on December 9, 2015
- I'm getting acb and acbd with SD Gundam Strikers.
CRI ACB/AWB Archive Extractor will not work for me.
edited 1:22 AM EST December 9, 2015
- ps3 jojo eye of heaven's hca by crimson1117 at 5:54 AM EST on December 25, 2015
- by Ardian at 9:00 PM EST on December 26, 2015
- How come I can't extract the contents of this awb file? Nothing happens after I drop it in even when using the HCA - ADX2 preset.
@crimson1117 I'd like to know why as well...
- by crimson1117 at 5:42 AM EST on January 2, 2016
- seems an asb is needed?
- by Ardian at 1:15 AM EST on January 7, 2016
- Any luck? I can't work this out no matter what I try.
- by Infernus Animositas at 1:47 AM EST on January 8, 2016
- There seems to definitely be a XOR of 0x80 on the magics in the HCA headers. But I think there's more to it than that.
- by deviljz at 9:22 AM EST on January 9, 2016
- Sorry for my poor english.
I have the same problem with atom viewer 1.31.71 when I try to open .acb file.log:"Maybe, This ACB file was made by newer format".
I think the reason is:the exported file format of "ADX2 LE" is different between "ADX2".
I use ADX2 LE build a acb file, then open it, it writen:xxxxxACB Format/PUBLIC Ver.1.23.01xxxxx。
Then i open the file from a game, it writen:xxxxACB Format/PC Ver.1.26.00xxxxxx
this is the file
can anybody help me to slove?
- by Ardian at 5:20 AM EDT on March 19, 2016
This has still been unexplored. Is it even remotely possible?
- by AnonRunzes at 9:34 AM EDT on March 19, 2016
- It's probably lack of interest that drives this thread.
- by kode54 at 10:03 PM EDT on June 27, 2016
- Here's a patch for vgmtoolbox source that will fix the HCA extractor.
It adds a masked byte search function or three, and changes the HCA extractor to supply a static 7F7F7F7F mask with each header search. I verified it works on the bank you posted.
I have not tested the resulting files for decodability, though.'
E: Damn, it looks like those files need the correct cipher key to decode. Hope you can find it in the game executable.
edited 10:07 PM EDT June 27, 2016
- by kode54 at 4:32 PM EDT on June 28, 2016
- BAMP. Added HCA support to the source, foobar2000 component, and Cog. Of course, it won't handle crypted files properly. (Currently no way to guess the cipher key, so it just uses the defaults from HCA_Decoder.)
- by AnonRunzes at 4:44 PM EDT on June 28, 2016
- Are you sure this is really the update?
In my foobar2000, the latest version of vgmstream says "r1050-32-get99511" instead of "r1050-41-gbe6437b".
edited 4:49 PM EDT June 28, 2016
- by kode54 at 6:00 PM EDT on June 28, 2016
- *switches target from Debug to Release* There, that should be fixed now.
E: This code also verifies the checksums on the headers. So if you modify the headers in any way, you'll need to fix up the checksum. It's as simple as feeding all of the header except for the checksum field (last two bytes) through the checksum function, then filling out the checksum field with the result, in big endian ordering. I'll probably post a quick tool for that later.
edited 7:27 PM EDT June 28, 2016
- by vajuvaju at 8:25 PM EDT on June 28, 2016
- kode54, you are awesome. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon's HCA files work perfectly with foobar2000 now.
- by AnonRunzes at 2:46 PM EDT on June 29, 2016
- Speaking of that HCA decode tool, I have the latest version(v1.16). Here is the tool, in its unaltered glory.
edited 2:46 PM EDT June 29, 2016
- by Kurausukun at 5:40 PM EDT on June 29, 2016
- Attempting to open Mario and Sonic @ Rio .hca files makes foobar2000 crash immediately. I don't think there's anything special about them, either, they seem to work with default settings in the decoder tool.
- by Infernus Animositas at 1:33 AM EDT on June 30, 2016
- HCA Decoder v1.16
Now includes translated .bat files
- by hcs at 7:45 AM EDT on June 30, 2016
- @Kurausukun, @kode54: I'm guessing this crash related to the 5200ed4a commit, which doesn't open a separate STREAMFILE for reading the HCA after the metadata reader (init_vgmstream_hca_offset) exits.
I also see it when compiling for Winamp, etc
edited 7:46 AM EDT June 30, 2016
- by kode54 at 7:16 PM EDT on June 30, 2016
- That was an oops. And it didn't affect my test platform, Cog, because its CogSource opening function wasn't discarding the source file on successful open.
- by punk7890-2 at 9:06 PM EDT on June 30, 2016
- It still crashes for Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games hca files.
edited 10:51 PM EDT June 30, 2016
- by AnonRunzes at 9:17 PM EDT on June 30, 2016
- Post a sample file for that game, then.
- by hcs at 9:33 PM EDT on June 30, 2016
- @punk7890-2: It isn't fixed yet in ecff4c7, wait a bit.
edited 9:34 PM EDT June 30, 2016
- by punk7890-2 at 10:51 PM EDT on June 30, 2016
- Ah okay. No biggie. I thought it had been updated to fix it as I saw a June 30th update on it.
edited 10:52 PM EDT June 30, 2016
- by kode54 at 12:10 AM EDT on July 1, 2016
- It's supposed to be fixed in ecff4c7, since I merged that fix after I applied the correct fix for foobar.
Oh, I somehow didn't push my local merge into the remote GitLab repository, but I did push it into Github. Pushed, fixed, uploaded, everything should be fine now.
edited 12:35 AM EDT July 1, 2016
- by punk7890-2 at 1:22 AM EDT on July 1, 2016
- Yeah it works now. Thanks.
- by hcs at 3:58 AM EDT on July 1, 2016
- Thanks much kode54! There's a Winamp build up on my vgmstream page now with this HCA support.
- Bloodstained E3 ver. hca pack by crimson1117 at 3:02 AM EDT on July 3, 2016
- Kamen Rider Battle Rush by Arymond at 12:20 AM EDT on July 27, 2016
- Oh i didnt see this Thread im is this an HCA Package?
the files it pops out from VGM Stream looks like an HCA header with a 80 XOR
- by Infernus Animositas at 10:19 AM EDT on July 28, 2016
There's a couple of tools on here that might be able to help but I have no idea how to compile either of them.
- by JohnVGC at 12:38 AM EDT on September 3, 2016
- So there's some .hca files that I have that are encrypted and someone online has the decryption key (basically the Sonic Runners thread from earlier). It looks like you guys have been able to decrypt .hca files and I'm curious as to what you guys are using.
and also I'm having a difficult time getting hcatools to compile. :S
EDIT: nvm, didn't know HCA_decoder was able to utilize a key through the batch file, worked like a charm, now to see if a certain event song is within the archives I found
edited 8:32 PM EDT September 3, 2016
- by furrybob at 11:36 PM EDT on July 17, 2017
- Does anybody happen to have an old version of the ADX2LE SDK? As old as possible is good, but I think something in the version 1xx or lower range will do.
I was able to find links to some of the old ones:
edited 8:38 AM EDT July 18, 2017
- by Swiftie24 at 8:23 PM EDT on July 19, 2017
- Sorry if this seems a bit off topic , since i haven't found an answer for this particular thing.
Can we convert wav/mp3 to HCA files?
i know VGMtoolbox extracts HCA files nicely to convert them to wav , but i actually want to do the opposite.
Is there a way to do that?
- by bxaimc at 9:02 PM EDT on July 19, 2017
- WAV -> HCA
With the official encoder provided in the CRI ADX2 SDKs.
- by Shirdel at 5:41 PM EDT on August 20, 2017
- Yo guys,
I recently got my hands on the new Tekken Mobile game for iOS/Android, and the music in that is converted in AWB/ACB format. I tried to convert it to HCA and then to WAV, but it's encrypted. I think the key is probably in the ACB file(s) but I don't have the know-how to find it. If anyone here knows how to do it, it'd be appreciated if they could convert the files or talk me through how to do it myself!
here's the awb/acb files within the directory. Thanks!
- Tekken Mobile by ssh at 11:11 AM EDT on August 21, 2017
Decryption key: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
- by datschge at 1:15 PM EDT on August 21, 2017
- @ssh - That's a fun "key" ^^
@Shirdel - I allowed myself to upload the set. If you don't know how to create the .hcakey-file you can soon find the set on vgm.hcs64.com.
- by Shirdel at 7:26 AM EDT on August 22, 2017
- Thank you guys! Big help :D
- by Hibari222 at 8:20 PM EDT on August 23, 2017
- Hi, who can help extract the key from this HCA file?
- by datschge at 7:11 AM EDT on August 24, 2017
- @Hibari222 - nobody, since the key is not stored within an encrypted file but inside the programs and data that then uses said encrypted files. You didn't bother writing what game you got that file from so nobody will ever be able to help you.
- by Hibari222 at 8:32 AM EDT on August 24, 2017
- @datschge - it's a pity :( Thank you.
- by able1214 at 6:36 AM EDT on September 2, 2017
- Is anyone able to help with decryption this file from cellphone game Magia Record just released on Aug 22?
- by kode54 at 8:59 PM EDT on September 2, 2017
- Need the binaries from the game as well as the HCA files, since the keys are usually in the game code.
- by able1214 at 9:35 PM EDT on September 2, 2017
I uploaded the whole game package since I'm not sure which one is the binary...
- by furrybob at 4:27 PM EDT on September 4, 2017
- My incomplete HCA cracker says that the lowest byte of the key is 0x51. Might be useful if you're searching for it.
- by earise at 12:32 PM EDT on September 5, 2017
The key code is 0000000001395C51
- by datschge at 2:21 PM EDT on September 5, 2017
- @earise - Nice! I'll upload the complete set. Just curious, may I ask which file contained the key in the end? This hybrid app structure irritated me.
- by able1214 at 2:43 PM EDT on September 5, 2017
- @earise Thanks you very much for the help! I will give it a try right away.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software