- Re: Guitar strums by PK56 at 7:07 PM EST on December 5, 2019
- Those are definitely guitar strums. The closest match I could find within my own library of sounds was a soundfont called Studio FG460s II Pro Guitar Pack, but even then I'm not 100% confident it was an exact match. You could start there though. The character of the guitar is pretty realistic given what the rest of Mother 3's samples came from though, so it might be that they actually recorded the chords from a higher end guitar library.
- Luigi's Mansion voice sample by Hiccup at 7:04 AM EST on December 15, 2019
- Anyone know anything about this sample?:
Its a seemingly unused sample in Luigi's Mansion (2001).
It was also used in this 2010 SoundCloud track:
- by Squeals92 at 2:59 PM EST on January 4, 2020
- Spent a couple days trying to find the lead Sax for the Popple and Rookie theme (GBA version), but I think I finally found it.
Roland JV-1080 - Patch 117 - Sax Section (PR-B).
Please correct me if this is incorrect.
edited 3:00 PM EST January 4, 2020
- by peronmls at 6:21 PM EST on January 11, 2020
AMG - Ruff Cutz
It's that stutter-y whistle/wind effect.
- by Master_E at 12:44 AM EST on January 19, 2020
- New year (or two...), new reminder.
Thread is not ded.
Thread is now discord.
Discord is in OP.
- by peronmls at 11:54 AM EST on January 26, 2020
- Maybe this thread can be for sample CD finds. It felt like the thread got hijacked into a synth hardware topic.
- Ecco the Dolphin (Genesis) Soundfont by jrose80149 at 5:30 PM EST on February 4, 2020
- I Need the Ecco the Dolphin (Genesis) Soundfont. Not Ecco the Dolphin 2: The Tides of Time, But The 1st Ecco Game "Ecco the Dolphin 1".
- by bxaimc at 9:31 PM EST on February 4, 2020
- Ain’t got it, chief.
- Guitar Strums update by Squeals92 at 9:40 AM EST on February 9, 2020
- After I did some digging, I found the guitar strums in Mother 3's drumkit are also used in Kirby Mass attack in nearly double the hz rate.
This should help identify where they come from a bit better, since they're less compressed.
- by G-Boy at 1:41 PM EST on February 10, 2020
- Master_E said earlier in this thread that Shogo Sakai has recorded his own guitar and ukulele in his more recent works, so it's possible that those samples actually are from a live guitar.
- by Squeals92 at 2:04 PM EST on February 10, 2020
- Ah, so these are possibly the highest quality versions around ATM, since the newer games he works on have streamed audio.
- by peronmls at 4:22 PM EDT on April 23, 2020
- Anyone recognize a percussion loop from Kingdom Hearts 3 Scala ad Caelum
Drums sneak back in at 1:08 and sound a bit clear for a second.
- by Squeals92 at 9:43 AM EDT on May 19, 2020
- Patch name: 151 Wagnerian Ld
Library: SR-JV80-04 Vintage Synth
Song: Frigate main theme, Facility X theme
Game: GoldenEye (1997)
Patch name: P5 sync lead
Library: Roland SC-88
Song: Facility Main theme, Facility X theme
Game: GoldenEye (1997)
Patch name: Choir Aahs
Library: Roland SC-88
Song: Surface Main theme, Bunker 2 Main theme, Egyptian Main Theme.
Game: GoldenEye (1997)
Patch name: Brass 1
Library: Roland SC-88
Song: Archives Main Theme
Game: GoldenEye (1997)
edited 9:43 AM EDT May 19, 2020
- by JacintaB19 at 1:55 PM EDT on June 10, 2020
- Has anyone ripped the soundfonts from Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo and Pocket Fighter (Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix) on PS1? They both sound good. (I'm wanting to use them for something...)
Rhythm Heaven/Tengoku and it's DS, Wii and 3DS sequels (including the GBA release) do have some nice soundfonts too. You can get the DS version's samples using Tinke.
Also, Technictix and Technic Beat on Playstation 2 both have great soundfonts! I'm not sure if they're both been ripped though... For Playstation 1 and 2 games, you can get the instument samples in PSound.
Now... i'll be waiting for someone to make the Technictix/Technic Beat (PS2) and Rhythm Heaven (DS) soundfonts using the instuments extracted from the games.
edited 11:45 AM EDT June 11, 2020
- by JacintaB19 at 12:24 PM EDT on June 20, 2020
- Are there any Street Fighter III: Third Strike soundfonts around yet? I need one to do something.
- by Drell at 7:00 AM EDT on July 8, 2020
- Hi guys, I recently got interrested in that "sample's sources" business and I wanted to contribute to the spreadsheet. SO here's what I found:
The E-MU Proteus/1 was widely used as sample source on SNES, I always wondered, BTW, if some of the samples weren't simply part of the SNES' SDK for how widely used it was on so much games.
But that's not the subject. What I found is that its drumkit was used on some games that haven't been documented on the spreadsheet. Here's the songs I found:
Neo Exdeath's theme from FF5 use one of the Snare
Light and Dark from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War used that same snare, along with some tom samples I think these are the same as in F-Zero.
The F-Zero "punchy" snare also appears here in this same game and I guess the rest of the drumkit also comes from the proteus 1. Could some expert verify this?
Also, could someone check the Fire Emblem SNES trilogy's OST to find the sources of the different samples? I can easly tell from were some drum samples come, but I can't recognize the source of downsampled, cut and compressed melodic samples. I don't know how you do this guys.
- by Drell at 6:55 PM EDT on July 17, 2020
- Also today, my friend discovered this:
Hotel Mario's intro lead actually comes from the Casio cz-1000.
edited 6:58 PM EDT July 17, 2020
- Castlevania 64 by xroc88 at 1:44 PM EDT on August 12, 2020
- So oim on the hunt for some castlevanisa 64 uncompressed samples and i have extracted the samples drom the rom. Im particularlly looking for the metallic or crash sample type sound played in the Watch tower and science towert themes.
Also the intro low string sample and menu music percussion loops.
The metallic type sound
Low String Sample in the Intro theme.
Its pitched up a bit.
Menu and Castle Center percussion.
Again they might be pitched up too high.
- by kevinld at 5:53 PM EST on November 14, 2020
- Has anyone succeeded in extracting all the whole music from Zelda Wind Waker HD game? because i know most of the themes are sequenced the fact that the data and audio files .bfstm, .brstms may have been moved to one of the folders on the disk which is currently inaccessible to the public and still not sure how the nicknames people like TheUltimateKoopa on smashcustommusic.net used what extraction software to be able to extend the duration of each theme up to 30min I would like to get the HD version of the theme The Great Sea Is Cursed and I know that composers Kenta Nagata, Hajime Wakai, Asuka Hayazaki, Atsuko Asahi, Toru Minegishi and Koji Kondo made a lot of modifications, massive changes and replaced the old samples and then used the new instruments from EastWest products
- I have my own spreadsheet! by Ben Adams (BenKirb) at 12:45 PM EST on January 20, 2021
- Hey, guys! Remember me? I'm BenKirb! I have my own spreadsheet called Ben's TV & Game Music Instrument Spreadsheet!
edited 1:15 PM EST January 20, 2021
- by palo_alto at 2:39 PM EST on January 22, 2021
- does anyone know where these cat samples come from? I think it's from a well known TV sound fx library but I can't remember which. please help!
edited 2:40 PM EST January 22, 2021
- by G-Boy at 7:17 AM EST on January 23, 2021
They're from Sound Ideas Series 6000, I think. https://soundeffects.fandom.com/wiki/Sound_Ideas,_CAT_-_DOMESTIC:_SINGLE_MEOW,_ANIMAL_03
edited 7:19 AM EST January 23, 2021
- by palo_alto at 7:49 AM EST on January 23, 2021
yay that's it, thank you
- by Ben Adams (BenKirb) at 11:20 PM EST on January 25, 2021
- Has anyone seen my message in page 231?
- by vajuvaju at 4:27 PM EST on January 28, 2021
- Awesome work, Ben!
- by Ben Adams (BenKirb) at 7:19 PM EST on February 2, 2021
- Thank you, @vajuvaju!
- by Ben Adams (BenKirb) at 10:51 PM EST on February 2, 2021
- Does anyone want to edit my spreadsheet?
- by Ben Adams (BenKirb) at 5:22 PM EST on February 3, 2021
- I think the accordion in SMS might be the SR-JV80-18 Latin patch "189 Accordian 4".
- by Ben Adams (BenKirb) at 6:40 PM EST on February 10, 2021
- It's been days and no one has seen my reply.
- by hcs at 8:31 PM EST on February 10, 2021
- People have seen it, there's just nothing to say in response. If you want a chat room, look for the Discord that's linked in page 0 of this thread.
- by Ben Adams (BenKirb) at 2:06 PM EST on February 14, 2021
- Does anyone know where I can find Master Performance Series Volume 1?
- The composer of Hotel Mario contacted me!! by Ben Adams (BenKirb) at 10:09 PM EDT on March 17, 2021
- Hi, guys.
The composer of Hotel Mario is actually Marc St. Regis and not Jack Levy. This is what he told me:
Mac OS 7, Opcode Studio Vision, DAT tapes,
Studio Electronics Obie Rack, Yamaha TG-100, Roland S770 (custom and stock samples), MKS-20, MKS-50, Casio CZ-100, MT-40 (customized).
If I remember more…
And thanks much for the love.
He also goes by the name StudioElectronics on YouTube.
edited 10:09 PM EDT March 17, 2021
- by DJHoboman at 6:26 PM EDT on July 1, 2021
- Is the discord still active? The link in the OP is invalid
- by G-Boy at 7:52 AM EDT on July 2, 2021
It's still active. The invite code for the server was changed recently, but that post still uses the old one.
- by DJHoboman at 1:42 PM EDT on July 3, 2021
Is this new code available anywhere? The spreadsheet also uses the same invalid one. Or has the server become more privatized? That's okay if so
- by G-Boy at 7:12 PM EDT on July 3, 2021
Here's the new one: Link
- by guy who stumbled onto this site at 4:03 AM EDT on July 14, 2021
- new discord link is dead. maybe when making a new link, try making it so it can't expire.
- by Mil3sperhour at 10:24 PM EDT on July 24, 2021
- Yeah all discord links are expired :(
- by G-Boy at 8:12 AM EDT on July 25, 2021
- The invites have kept being deleted lately to stop some unwanted users from joining the server, so that's why they keep expiring. But here's the new link again: Link
[EDIT: Someone went onto the server and spammed gore images, so this one is also expired now.]
edited 1:34 PM EDT July 25, 2021
- by raulix at 6:44 PM EDT on August 5, 2021
- invite is invalid
- by raulix at 1:54 PM EDT on August 17, 2021
- invite still invalid
- by hcs at 2:16 PM EDT on August 17, 2021
- You should try privately requesting an invite from someone, it sounds like every time a public invite is posted here it gets abused.
- by BenOn90 at 6:34 PM EDT on September 17, 2021
I need your expertise ! Do you have an idea for the instruments used in the Credits Part 1 of Mario Kart Wii ?
Maybe we can discuss it on the discord server, but have not joined it yet…
- by G-Boy at 8:01 AM EDT on September 21, 2021
The slower credits theme mostly seems to consist of Korg Triton Studio instruments (such as the piano and the string ensemble), along with a timbale from the sample library Spectrasonics Supreme Beats. I think there might be some usage of a Ueberschall CD (either Disco Fever/Disco De Luxe or House Essentials) in there too.
The other credits theme also uses the Triton, along with a Roland SC-88 string ensemble and some instruments from the Best Service Gigapack CD. The flute playing the Moo Moo Meadows theme later in the song is a live recording.
- by deathvine_68000 at 8:21 AM EDT on September 27, 2021
- What VST libraries is Sakuraba using nowadays or at least in the last few years?
Particularly the orchestral ones, such as the stuff in Tales of Arise, Eiyuden Chronicle or Valkyrie Connect (the more recent BGM) & Higurashi Mei, as well as his drumkits and guitars in Mario Golf Super Rush.
I think his Smash Bros Ultimate remix of Arch-Illager still used a few EastWest Ministry of Rock stuff.
Is he still using EastWest for orchestra or are they from other libraries?
- by TheSmol at 10:22 PM EDT on September 28, 2021
- @deathvine_68000 Pretty sure most of the drums, guitars and synths on his tracks are live, you can go to his twitter and when Ultimate got revealed there's a lot of pictures of him in the studio recording something
Surely he is still using EWQL for other stuff tho, like on his FF7 remix
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software