Previous Page | Next Page
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure CPS3 by Zetto Kuzuuya at 8:00 AM EST on January 13, 2018
- Can anyone help me rip and make a soundfont of the jjba heritage for the future arcade version?
- by Master_E at 1:02 PM EST on January 13, 2018
- @Enclave123 So which ones are more faithful and which are reprehensible? We all don't own 1080s!
- by Enclave123 at 1:31 PM EST on January 13, 2018
- @Mister E
The pianos sound more faithful to the original, so far they sound very clean at least.
A lot of the EP Sounds are faithful too.
As for the strings they are exactly like the original.
Which is a good thing.
A lot of the organs are close to the original.
Some of the pads are a bit different so far.
Some of the brass is pretty faithful.
I might be the only person who owns a actual JV1080 in this server.
I did once made a comparison to a certain preset that sounded pretty different.
I link it here.
edited 1:35 PM EST January 13, 2018
- by Mr.Sanic at 7:39 PM EST on January 13, 2018
- From which keyboard is this Gamelan-ish pad?
- Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill resources by MagastemBR at 11:09 PM EST on January 26, 2018
- Resident Evil 4 - Serenity
That track uses a loop called SolarLove from BT - Twisted Textures. Originally the loop was To Burble & Pine from Pandora's Toolbox.
Silent Hill resources (also from BT - Twisted Textures) by Badass Cyborg from the silent hill forum
- HRMONICLVR plays throughout Lost Truth
- BANSURIIRV plays in Real Solution
- THALTERINA plays in Real Solution
- THNDOFDKNS plays (at a lower pitch) throughout the SH3 Missionary Battle BGM
- EXPANSION plays throughout Breeze - in Monochrome Night
- SEAOFFAITH plays (at a lower pitch) in Waverer
- OPUS I plays throughout Blackest Friday
- 3RDORDRSTR plays (at a variety of pitches) throughout Float Up from Dream
- DEEPUP plays in Real Solution
- MASSIVETRK plays throughout the SH3 Ranking Screen BGM
- SOLAR LOVE plays in Battle Drums
edited 11:09 PM EST January 26, 2018
- by witapepsi at 8:46 AM EST on February 4, 2018
- Sample: Flying Waltz
Sample Source: Roland JV-2080
Game: Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 / Yakuza 3
Songs: Entrance To The Chaos
- PaRappa the Rapper 1 by hrW at 1:08 AM EST on February 5, 2018
- Granted the sample used in the game is further processed and comes most likely from a sample library, the main drum loop used in Master Onion's rap is this drum break sampled from The Commodores' song "Assembly Line". Listen to the left channel.
- Sonic Mega Collection by ScrewStache at 5:07 PM EST on February 9, 2018
- Does anyone know what synth/synths was used in the Sonic Mega Collection soundtrack?
edited 5:07 PM EST February 9, 2018
edited 5:08 PM EST February 9, 2018
- by Mr.Sanic at 7:52 AM EST on February 10, 2018
- I can hear Roland and Korg synths,but i can't tell exactly which presets were used.
- Sonic Mega Collection by ScrewStache at 12:10 PM EST on February 10, 2018
- Im thinking the Korg m1 but I only heard the square wave and the piano
- Xenogears by BaconTomato at 7:21 AM EST on February 16, 2018
- Does anyone know where Yasunori Mitsuda got those metal clanging sounds from Xenogears - Light from the Netherworld (starts at 0:51)?
I hear it in some of his other works, like in Chrono Cross (though it's quite soft in this one).
I understand that he used the JV-2080 and Peter Siedlaczek stuff quite a bit. Did it come from one of the aforementioned plugins?
edited 7:22 AM EST February 16, 2018
- by Mr.Sanic at 6:06 PM EST on February 16, 2018
- maybe, but i'm not sure...
did you try searching some sample libraries?
- by Enclave123 at 3:19 AM EST on February 17, 2018
- Those metal clanging sounds are basically a emu proteus preset in a higher pitch.
It call Infinite One.
- by Enclave123 at 11:40 PM EST on February 17, 2018
- I been using the brand new srx orchestral vst that roland released.
Seen like i find a choir sound that was used in Electronical Parade in Killer7.
One of the harpsichord sounds were used in it.
The choir sound is call Close Mouths which was used in the track.
- by ScrewStache at 8:38 PM EST on February 18, 2018
- Sample:Brass Section
Game:Sonic CD (Japan)
Music:Palmtree Panic Present, Quartz Quadrant Present, Stardust Speedway Present
Composers:Naofumi Hataya, Masafumi Ogata
Game:Sonic CD (Japan)
Music:Palmtree Panic Good Future, Quartz Quadrant Good Future, Boss!
Composers:Naofumi Hataya, Masafumi Ogata
- by peronmls at 8:51 PM EST on February 18, 2018
- MegaMan Zero 2 - "Supreme Ruler"
Sample CD: Sounds Good - Methods of Mayhem 1
Sample Name: Atonaloop 10 24-11
Time of sample: 0:13
- Battle! (Trainer) DEMO - Pokemon Sun by abaresk28 at 5:07 AM EST on March 4, 2018
- Does anyone know the VSTs that Junichi Masuda used to make his demo of the Trainer Battle theme from Pokemon Sun? Video here: https://youtu.be/QwUUiRfKR0Q?t=22m37s.
From what I can tell, he's using Halion Sonic for the melody strings. I'm particularly interested in what he's using for the bass and percussion tracks? (The percussion can be heard better here https://youtu.be/QwUUiRfKR0Q?t=23m51s)
edited 5:12 AM EST March 4, 2018
edited 5:13 AM EST March 4, 2018
- by Benjamin at 9:16 AM EST on March 6, 2018
- The games have been documented to have:
-AIR Music Tech (Mini Grand, heard they also had Xpand!2 but I'm not too sure about its usage)
-Best Service (Ethno World, I think there's Advanced Orchestra in a USUM track)
-EastWest (Symphonic Orchestra, Ra, Voices of Passion, Goliath, Ministry of Rock 2, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Woodwinds, Pianos)
-KORG Legacy Collection
-Lennar Digital Sylenth1
-Masterbits Peter Siedlaczek's Orchestra
-Native Instruments (Kontakt Factory Library, Session Horns, Massive, Rise & Hit, Damage, Evolve R2, Cuba, and West Africa, considering how much they've got I could easily assume they got Komplete)
-reFX Nexus 2
-Spectrasonics (Omnisphere, Trilian, and Stylus RMX)
-Steinberg HALion Sonic
-UVI PlugSound Pro
-XLN Audio Addictive Drums
-Zero-G (Planet of the Breaks, Escape from the Planet of the Breaks, N.Y. Cutz vol. 2, Phantom Horns, and Total Funk)
I heard about Hollywood Orchestra, Battery (another Native Instruments library), and EZdrummer also being used, but they don't really seem to be looked into.
edited 9:17 AM EST March 6, 2018
- by abaresk28 at 11:01 AM EST on March 7, 2018
- Thanks! I guess I'm wondering if you knew what VSTs he's using in this specific demo track (https://youtu.be/QwUUiRfKR0Q?t=23m51s). I'm not able to distinguish them by ear yet.
- by Nisto at 5:18 PM EDT on March 12, 2018
- I don't suppose anyone here knows where this sample is from?
It was used in a bunch of tracks from Zelda 64 ...
Ice Cavern (Ocarina of Time)
Snow Mountain (Majora's Mask)
Snowhead Temple (Majora's Mask)
Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask)
- by Nisto at 8:53 PM EDT on March 19, 2018
- Someone wanna help me find the seq loop between 0:00-0:06 in this track?
I'm somewhat confident I heard it in a library at some point, but I can't find it for the life of me.
I've checked these libraries so far and it's getting really tiring:
A Poke in the Ear (only the compilation)
Ambient Volume 2
Distorted Reality 1 + 2
Fields of Motion
Malice in Wonderland
Methods of Mayhem 1 + 2
Things That Go Bump in the Night 1 + 2
- by peronmls at 6:38 AM EDT on March 20, 2018
Try Eletric Ghetto by BFA
- by Nisto at 7:43 AM EDT on March 20, 2018
- @peronmls wasn't there. :(
By the way, just to make it clear, the guitar loop has been found (it's in Chemical Beats). It's just the high-pitched synth loop that I'm looking for. It might be difficult to make it out because it blends in so nicely with the guitar loop, but it's there. There's a delay effect around 0:06 (sort of low-ish frequency) that's part of the original sample.
- by peronmls at 8:16 AM EDT on March 21, 2018
What about ugly remnants 1 and 2?
I know they have guitars and synths in them.
- by Nisto at 9:56 AM EDT on March 21, 2018
- It wasn't in any of those either.
I have a feeling I heard it in a library in a proprietary format (AKAI, Emu, Ensoniq, etc), so I don't think it's going to be something typically found in WAV or CDDA.
- by AceK at 12:15 AM EDT on March 24, 2018
I had this in the spreadsheet if this is the same sound you were looking for:
Zero-G|Chemical Beats (CD2)|CB104GTRL5|Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel|PS2|K.M.E -RA|0:00;|1/17/2018|ProSamples FUTURE BEATS 1
PS: You mentioned some trouble with Discord and the server. Did you still have trouble with it, or do you prefer not to use it?
edited 12:29 AM EDT March 24, 2018
- by Nisto at 2:35 PM EDT on March 24, 2018
- @AceK As mentioned in an earlier post, I've found the guitar loop already; it's in Chemical Beats (ProSamples Future Beats is a compilation of it). But there's a sharp sequencer loop in the back (along with a breakbeat) of the first 6 seconds of the track. That's the sample I'm looking for. It could be that it's actually part of the breakbeat.
Here it is without the breakbeat and synth loop: https://instaud.io/1WQt
Regarding Discord; you may be confusing me with someone else, I think? I don't recall ever trying to use it. But yeah, I probably wouldn't like it much, to be honest. I am regularly on IRC though (#vgmdb @ PSIGenix).
edited 2:47 PM EDT March 24, 2018
- Does anyone knows what vst is used in the PKMN Ultra Sun and Moon drums? by CampeonSteven at 10:52 AM EDT on April 12, 2018
- Well specialy like this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUaRU3xf_bs i don't know what vst is, but i tried to recreate it usind adittive drums but i don't know xD.
Also the electric guitar used in pokemon xy themes like trainer battle theme or this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-_MU2hKLE&t=157s
- by G-Boy at 2:55 AM EDT on April 13, 2018
The electric guitar is a live guitar played by Hideaki Kuroda.
- by Hexagon12 at 7:03 AM EDT on April 13, 2018
The drums in the champion theme are most definitely Addictive Drums, but make sure you use Addictive Drums 1, since 2 doesn't have that exact Startup kit.
- by CampeonSteven at 12:36 AM EDT on April 14, 2018
- Do you have a link to download this vst? (free please) i can´t found a link of the addictive drums 1
- by Hexagon12 at 10:21 AM EDT on April 14, 2018
- I don't know if this website allows piracy / warez, so I will stay off from uploading the link.
Hint: rutracker or thepiratebay
- by Enclave123 at 1:15 AM EDT on April 17, 2018
- I recently find a synth bass that Masafumi Takada uses on his tracks for the silver case and Danganronpa.
It from the Roland SC8820 and SC88Pro and SC88 it known as Synth Bass 1.
I give you examples.
- Electric guitar in Mario Kart 8 by CampeonSteven at 10:37 PM EDT on April 19, 2018
- Well, i wanna know if the electric guitar used in mario kart 8 is a live vst played (because to much of them are) and if you know the name,
There is a example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNMy4DKKDFA&t=276s
- by G-Boy at 8:26 AM EDT on April 20, 2018
That's also a live-recorded electric guitar, played by Takashi Masuzaki.
- by MetalKnick at 6:49 PM EDT on April 30, 2018
- Does anyone know where this guitar sample is from?
It's used all over this game if you need more examples.
Star Open - Mario Tennis Open
- by Enclave123 at 11:22 AM EDT on May 10, 2018
- I recently find a killer7 sample.
It from Emigrant Song.
It from Emu Phatt
It call Hit:Fall
Also another Sample.
edited 11:51 AM EDT May 10, 2018
- Is this a real guitar by CampeonSteven at 11:10 PM EDT on May 10, 2018
In the Blue's theme sounda guitar, i want to know if is a real or vst guitar, and if it is a vst, wich vst would be.
- by Benjamin at 6:47 AM EDT on May 11, 2018
- Maybe East West Quantum Leap Ministry of Rock 2 or Vir2 Electri6ity? From what I hear those are pretty popular libraries, but I don't really know which games in general specifically used them.
- by Benjamin at 8:46 PM EDT on May 12, 2018
- Yep, it's Electri6ity, the guitar riff fx at the part with the string trills (Audiobro LA Scoring Strings) gives it away. I think the specific patch is Les Paul Amped.
- by Master_E at 10:45 AM EDT on May 20, 2018
- For the people just figuring out about this thread only to think it's dead, we're all in the Discord.
- I think i've found some intruments not documentated by CampeonSteven at 1:18 PM EDT on May 20, 2018
- The Percusion of this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=290SfIjztNI
Is the Funk Kit from Kontakt factory library
And the percusion from this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thxFklxbs_c
is the Pop kit from KFL too, and the jazz guitar from this library it´s also used in this theme.
All of the band section.
PD: I want the link of the Discord channel
- by G-Boy at 6:55 AM EDT on May 21, 2018
JFYI, Funk Kit in the Route 1 theme was already documented in my sheet.
- by Nisto at 5:29 PM EDT on May 25, 2018
- So I FINALLY found the sequence loop in Mode Select from Devil May Cry 2. It's track 7 from Ruff Cutz by AMG.
- by doepfer at 8:31 AM EDT on May 26, 2018
- total nut for the synth sounds used in some of the Ace Combat 3 OST, still having a hard time pinpointing which modules they used. I know the Roland Sound-Canvas modules (SC-55, SC-88) were fairly popular amongst japanese video game composers around this period.
Anyways, just listened to the Sim City 3000's "Power Grid" and recognized there is the exact same patch used as in AC3's "Floe"
SC3000 Power Grid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNrSDd7pbtg
AC3 Floe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vJjkZG5vSI
Now, which synth could that be? Is that a possible SC-88 patch, I get the feeling it sounds like a Roland D-50 tbh.
- by Terry93D at 11:43 AM EDT on June 15, 2018
- Anyone know the timpani used in "The Republic of Bastok" from Final Fantasy XI? I can hear a very similar timpani - probably the same one, just compressed - in "Gratze Empire ~ Fortress Town," "Dungeon ~ Soma Shrine (Aboveground)," and "Dungeon ~ Logismos Shrine (Aboveground)" from [i]Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals[i] (DS).
- by palo_alto at 1:39 AM EDT on June 23, 2018
- does anybody recognise the lead sound in this track from Mario Artist: Polygon Studio?
- by palo_alto at 11:23 PM EDT on June 25, 2018
- is there any info out there about what synths and software Kazumi Totaka uses? particularly on the Animal Crossing games? I realise nobody posts here anymore but perhaps someone could ask on the discord on my behalf?
- by Enclave123 at 9:42 PM EDT on June 27, 2018
- I been fooling around one of those Roland Sample Cd samples. I find two crash bandicoot samples.
They were used in some tracks, they are in the LA Composer Series.
One of them are Rip Down which can be find in low Brass in La Composer Vol 1 and also Rip Up which can be find in the same Low Brass samples.
I believe they were used for Pinstripe Boss theme.
- by palo_alto at 6:36 AM EDT on June 28, 2018
- Hi Enclave123, I'm wondering if you have links to wav files of the Roland sample cds? I have the original images but was never able to convert them to iso on my Mac. The best I managed was to open one cd in Audacity but I'd love to have the samples with proper loop-points etc for use in Logic.
I also have the Akai Sound Library but unfortunately Logic no longer supports Akai file conversion. Do you know if wav files or similar exist for the Akai library? Sorry for bothering you with this but it is awfully quiet around here these days.
- by G-Boy at 7:08 AM EDT on June 28, 2018
Just so you know, we've uploaded a lot of Roland sample CDs and the Akai Sound Library to Discord in ISO, if that format would work for you.
- by palo_alto at 10:11 PM EDT on June 28, 2018
- thanks but I already have the iso files, just no way of converting them to a local sampler format. also I don't have an invite to the discord.
- by Enclave123 at 10:54 PM EDT on June 28, 2018
If your having trouble converting the sample cds.
Have you try using CDxtract? it can convert the samples into .wav and soundfont format.
It actually cross platform which can work on Mac by the way.
I did have trouble ripping certain bins i actually converted.
I change them to iso so they can work in my end.
Sorry for the late reply by the way, i have been so busy.
By the way, CDxtract can convert Akai CDs.
edited 11:04 PM EDT June 28, 2018
- by G-Boy at 5:05 AM EDT on June 29, 2018
- @palo_alto The Discord invite link is in the first post of this thread.
@Enclave123 Yeah, CDXtract is a great program for that purpose. It can also convert sample CDs to the EXS24 format, so Logic would support them.
- by palo_alto at 3:23 AM EDT on July 1, 2018
- yeah I did try CDXtract, unfortunately it doesn't work on MacOS after 10.6. thanks anyway. will keep searching!
- by Benjamin at 8:29 AM EDT on July 3, 2018
- A lot of tracks from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door seem to sample Hollywood Edge Animation Collection for drums (several prologue/chapter 1 themes, both of the Doopliss themes, Poshley Heights, Twilight Trail, etc.).
- by palo_alto at 5:21 AM EDT on July 7, 2018
- did anyone ever find the accordion sample from Animal Crossing: Wild World? it's heard very prominently in the main theme, for example
I don't think it's a Sound Canvas sample (Accordion Fr., TangoAcd, etc.)
- by PokeMusic at 9:57 AM EDT on July 7, 2018
That’s a Yamaha bandoneon sample. In XG it’s Tango Acc. 1.
On the Motif, it’s Bandoneon in the General MIDI set.
I have the MX49 and recognize a lot of stuff from Totaka. I think he uses either a Yamaha Motif or a PSR/DGX though.
edited 6:42 AM EDT July 8, 2018
Plus if you want to know, I believe Totaka has a lot of gear, and he also does some neat programming and a lot of custom samples on his sampler. He probably has stuff like a DX100/DX7, M1, D-50, a Moog and a Prophet synth. For example, one of the DX organ sounds was used in the Wii Shop theme.
edited 6:44 AM EDT July 8, 2018
- by palo_alto at 11:01 AM EDT on July 22, 2018
- did anyone find the drum and piano samples from the original Animal Crossing theme? they sound so warm and acoustic
edited 11:09 AM EDT July 22, 2018
- Petscop Samples by ThatPMGuy at 3:29 AM EDT on July 23, 2018
- Does anyone know where the webseries "Petscop" may be getting it's samples from? It isn't exactly a real video game, but I'm curious where the creator(s) may be getting samples for the music in the fictional game.
The vibraphone from the demo theme in Petscop 9 seems to be from the vibraphone from the SGM soundfont.
edited 3:31 AM EDT July 23, 2018
- by Enclave123 at 7:59 PM EDT on July 25, 2018
- I was messing around with SRX Keyboards, i recently find Wagenrian ltd which is call Saw Lead in the VST.
So far the goldeneye lead sound and wavesync have been added.
SRX Keyboards seen to reuse some of the Vintage jv80 card waveforms and presets.
edited 8:16 PM EDT July 25, 2018
- Metal Slug 3 by KeiTaRo at 6:15 PM EDT on August 2, 2018
- Hey all. I'm trying to find the source of some percussion samples used in the Metal Slug 3 song "In to the Void"
You can hear them at 1:18: https://youtu.be/LsXx_hjEg8s?t=78
...but since it is a little hard to make out, I took the liberty of isolating them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fmexpxej5n1bsb/ms3_world_drums_mono_1.1.wav
I know the Metal Slug series historically uses a ton of SC-88 samples, but I combed through the drums on my 88p and couldn't find anything close to these...any ideas?
edited 6:16 PM EDT August 2, 2018
edited 6:16 PM EDT August 2, 2018
- by Master_E at 2:11 PM EDT on October 6, 2018
- A reminder for those lurking.
Thread not ded.
Thread in discord.
Discord is in OP.
- by peronmls at 12:34 PM EDT on October 12, 2018
- Maybe we can make this for Sample CDs finally instead of hardware the like it originally was.. I don’t know why findings now have to be on a server that no one will ever know about. Unless randomly told.
- by Nisto at 4:53 PM EDT on October 15, 2018
- Found some more Final Fantasy X samples!
Library: Best Service: Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra
Sample Name: BA FX 04
Library: Best Service: Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra
Sample Name: FL FX 09A
Library: Best Service: Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra
Sample Name: VA FX 01E
- by Ghignarda at 11:48 PM EDT on October 19, 2018
- *cough* Actually, I told you about two of those, Nisto, on account that I couldn't post them on VGMdB due to lack of forum access.
edited 11:50 PM EDT October 19, 2018
- by Nisto at 6:29 AM EDT on October 20, 2018
- Sorry about the misunderstanding. I don't take credit for the finds; I just meant that I learned of the source. In fact, I never take credit for something I actually did "uncover" myself.. I think that's just silly to be honest.
- by peronmls at 10:03 PM EDT on October 21, 2018
Someone has said the same exact thing to me like he did. He’s from here And I think his name was “koolaid”. In fact they did it on the Zelda forums that ended up being in a gametrailers documentary of the Zelda fire temple chants. He made me feel like a total asshat. You can find the episode on YouTube.
- by Ghignarda at 11:41 PM EDT on October 21, 2018
- I didn't intend to make anybody feel like an "asshat", sorry about that. Just seemed like weird wording to say you "found" it is all.
Again, I apologise, I'm just happy the samples were found in the first place, I'd been wondering where they were from for a while.
- by peronmls at 12:45 PM EDT on October 23, 2018
- @ghignarda I wasn’t saying you were being an asshat. I’m saying the other guy made me feel like it because he said what you said but on a YouTube video. That’s why I feel like an asshat after that. Like a victim. Idk lol. Lol He’s said something like “not to rain on your parade but all of those sample were found by me and others from hcs.” I’m part of those others. Lol I was just documenting Zelda samples and the guy totally embarrassed me.
- by Enclave123 at 5:40 PM EST on November 13, 2018
- I got a proteus FX recently and i recorded a familiar sound from it.
It was used in perfect dark and Myst for it main theme.
I recently play a track for it.
Here a link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WhwUPylWWy2eFg7QPFFa0zAINvGHKUE8
It call Mtalovox in the proteus FX it a sound originally from the Proteus MPS call Metallivox.
- by vajuvaju at 8:15 PM EST on December 9, 2018
- @Enclave123 awesome! This is spot on.
- by Nisto at 8:49 PM EST on December 9, 2018
- I think you can find it in one of the "A Poke in the Ear with a Sharp Stick" libraries too.
- by Nisto at 5:09 PM EST on December 10, 2018
- Can you guys help find this one sample? I suspect it comes from a Sound Ideas or Hollywood Edge library, but these guys make huge libraries, and a lot of them. It's not easy to narrow it down unless you have prior knowledge of similar samples.
It's used in a lot of different media...
- Garry's Mod (which the file above is taken from)
- Silent Hill 2
- Teen Titans
- by Enclave123 at 11:58 PM EST on December 13, 2018
- I find the Goldeneye Trumpet on my Proteus FX, it called hdTrumpt. I recorded a stem of the sound from Aztec X.
- by holaboludo at 1:12 AM EST on December 22, 2018
- Greetings! I wanted to know if someone can help me identify this sample:
I extracted it from Monster Truck Madness 64 using Subdrag's N64 sound tools. This bit can also be heard in:
*Twister -Kingdom Mix- - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (16 seconds in)
*Power Plant Zone - Sonic Heroes (15 seconds in)
*BREAK TIME! - Viewtiful Joe (20 seconds in)
and probably more games. I remember hearing a similar sample in a Sony library but honestly I have no idea.
Thank you in advance.
edited 1:13 AM EST December 22, 2018
- by Nisto at 4:05 AM EST on December 22, 2018
- @holaboludo: That's "120MADLP01" from Chemical Beats by Zero-G.
- by holaboludo at 7:43 AM EST on December 22, 2018
- @Nisto: Thank you a lot for the fast response! I can finally put the search for this sample to rest. I've heard it in so many songs and my curiosity for wanting to know the source library was bugging me a lot so I began the hunt for it.
Thank you again and have a happy holiday!
- Megaman Starfoce & Battle Network by Juan21 at 12:56 AM EST on December 27, 2018
- Here are some Megaman Starforce & Battle Network songs that use some synths. I am wondering what kind of synths they used. I isolated the instruments so that you can here mostly pad-like synths.
If it helps, these games where made starting from 2004 for the DS.
MeMSF Hero Theme
MMSF3 Omega Boss
MMSF3 Radio World
MMBN5 DS Hometown
- by icecream at 5:09 PM EST on February 3, 2019
- I feel like I should recognize this sample but I don't. What about someone else here?
- Ensoniq by Q-Money at 1:28 PM EST on February 18, 2019
- The earlier Mortal Kombat games (except 1) use the Ensoniq "Rack Bell" preset for the ubiquitous "klang" sound. The preset can be found on the Ensoniq Mirage, VFX, SD, and the ESP-16. It can be heard thoughout most in the MK2 and MK3 soundtrack.
- by alanbodhi at 3:52 PM EDT on March 16, 2019
im glad i have found this site and thread
- by Dekyo Ongen at 10:20 PM EDT on March 25, 2019
- Hello everyone.
So, I'm searching for the drums used in Sonic Games. I know the Roland TR-626 was used for Sonic 1 and 2. But for Sonic 3 I don't know which drum machines was used.
I read in a forum topic that the Akai MPC3000 was used, but I'm not sure.
I've the same question for Knuckles' Chaotix. I discovered that the clap, ride cymbal, China cymbal, the crash cymbal, the snare that you can hear in "Speed of Sound", "Seascape", "New Moon", "Moonrise", etc. comes from the Yamaha RX drum machine series, except the RX-11, RX-15. I don't know which drum machine was sampled for the other snare, kick, etc.
Maybe from the same machines, but anyway. If anyone knows.
edited 10:31 PM EDT March 25, 2019
- by Squeals92 at 11:25 AM EDT on April 19, 2019
- Busy In Clawed Encounters of the Furred Kind (SNES)
Roland SC-55 - Organ 2 - used in the track Fair is Foul
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
- by Enclave123 at 3:15 AM EDT on June 22, 2019
- Hey guys, it been a while this forum have been active.
I actually decided to do a remake of a track from Donkey Kong 64.
To confirmed the instruments i use in my proteus fx and JV1080.
It only like 80 percent accurate.
For the proteus side.
I use either GrandPno or 7ftGrand
As for the Celesta, it call Celeste.
As for the organ it call Notre or Cathedra.
As for Harpsichord.
It call Harpsicd.
As for the sounds i use in my jv1080.
Let go with the woodwinds.
I actually use either bassoon 1 or 2 in the jv80 orchestra card.
I use a clarinet on the default sounds for the jv call ClariExpress i think.
As for the strings.
It call VlsVasVcsCas.
The organ is from the GM bank call Organ 3 in the jv.
I use the percussion from the world card.
- by Squeals92 at 6:41 AM EDT on August 8, 2019
Attempt at a remaster of track 229 from Mother 3 using what I think are the original samples. I couldn't get the 8-bit noise wave right for the life of me, so I didn't bother.
Uses some SC-88 and SC-55 samples.
- by mariofan12ify at 11:39 PM EDT on August 8, 2019
- Does anyone know what the exact instrument is used for the nighttime levels of Mario Maker 2? I want to get my hands on it.
- Grinch's Ultimatum by Squeals92 at 5:10 PM EDT on September 9, 2019
- I know it's not VGM, but I was wondering if anyone would know the VST/instruments used in this song.
Here is the closest instrumental edit using vocal removers.
Drums are sampled from Dexter Wansel: Theme of the Planets.
edited 5:12 PM EDT September 9, 2019
- by PK56 at 8:01 PM EDT on October 7, 2019
- I know nobody uses this thread anymore but my curiosity is burning. I'm trying to collect instruments used in the Puyo Puyo games, mostly Puyo Puyo Fever and beyond. I haven't had much luck combing through free samples, Roland's SC-88, or Korg's M1. (Although I have found some sounds already!) Specifically I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with some of the following sounds:
The guitar in the background of this song (Although honestly this guitar is present throughout the entirety of the Fever and Fever 2 soundtracks)
The voice/pad used in this song (Incidentally, I have a soundfont that is likely the source of the strings used here)
The lead guitar prominentlly displayed in these songs
The sax in this song
The Brass in these songs
Of course if anyone has an inkling where any other samples in the above songs may have come from, that would be cool too, but I'm having trouble nailing down these particular sounds despite the vast amount of samples for fake brass and guitars I've sifted through.
As for samples I already have, I've got the source for most (not all) of the percussion samples (Roland compliant stuff you can find in free GM soundfonts like Chorium and also on the Roland SC-88), as well as the strings (A soundfont called SymphonyStrings seems to be a source, or at least got the sample from the actual source) and the Fanta Bell sound that's also prevalent in Kirby games among other things. I'm also fairly certain I have a source on the horns and flutes but I'm not entirely sure if it's an exact match to the sounds used in the console versions vs. the DS versions.
- Zelda OOT Z Target original sample by Tails19935 at 1:24 AM EDT on October 22, 2019
- Hello everyone! I first off just want to say as a composer, I love this forum and the great lengths people have gone to curate lists of every possible original sound or sample used and found in various games!
Now... lets get to the nitty gritty.
I have found the original sample used when you Z target in OOT/MM!
Link: Z Target RAR
The RAR includes the original sample, a comparison of the original sample and the SFX from in game, and a few other things.
Read the readme for more details.
How did I get a hold of this sound you ask? Well... as of the date of this post... I don't have an exact answer to that. But here is what I do know.
Around 2013, I was online looking for sample packs to use in my DAW. I was jumping from link to link just to download as much as I could find. One day, I stumbled upon a site that had downloads to some 90s sample discs. These sample discs were labeled by genre and are as follows...
MDS Synth CD
The Z Target sample was found in the Trance CD. And after six years I still have these sample collections and have just now realized I have this sample!
I'm not sure if the original uploader of the sample discs took the links down or is just buried within the depths of the vast internet. I couldn't find it anyways. :/
In any case, I'm glad I can finally contribute to this wonderful and very informational forum! Cheers!
edited 1:26 AM EDT October 22, 2019
- by hcs at 1:35 AM EDT on October 22, 2019
- Re: Zelda OOT Z Target original sample on the previous page
Cool! If you could post some more info about the whole CD, like the lengths of each track, we might be able to track it down with CDDB. You might try this yourself with MusicBrainz Picard.
edited 1:37 AM EDT October 22, 2019
- by Tails19935 at 3:46 AM EDT on October 22, 2019
- I downloaded MusicBrainz Picard and gave it try but no luck. It only "recognized" three samples within the four sample packs but even then they were not accurate.
The track lengths are incorrect and even the program said they were a poor match. But I will list what it thinks they are anyways in case anyone has these discs... (THESE ARE NOT THE ACTUAL SAMPLE DISCS)
Brand X Music Catalogue: Editor's Essentials
Artist: Robert Faron
Artist: Karlheinz Stockhausen
I may have to upload these sample packs myself.
They are basically a collection of one shots from synths, drums, and some music loops.
- by Nisto at 8:56 AM EDT on October 22, 2019
- Another suggestion: mount the disc and open it in iTunes, which has access to Gracenote database. If you're lucky it should load tags automatically. It has worked wonders for me before to find track titles for sample CDs.
EDIT: Found it. The library appears to be Creative Essentials Vol. 6 - Trance Formation by Zero-G. Just looked through my collection for anything containing a 5th track lol.
edited 3:30 PM EDT October 22, 2019
- by Squeals92 at 4:41 AM EST on November 16, 2019
- Recently did a (proper) Mother 3 restoration a bit ago. Uses the SC-88 pro, and SC-55.
Can be viewed in flac here
I think this is nearly perfect.
- by SmartOne at 12:30 PM EST on November 16, 2019
- Cool! Do you have a link to the whole thing?
1. Get rid of reverb. Smearing is gross.
2. 96000 Hz is ridiculous. Depending on the sample rates of the source samples, 44.1 or 48 kHz would be more sane
How about songs with the Gameboy PSG channels? What did you use for that?
- by Squeals92 at 1:41 PM EST on November 16, 2019
The song is actually that short lol
As for the PSG channels, I just used the ones from the GBAmusriper sf2 but toyed with it to sound more right with softer instruments.
- by SmartOne at 1:17 AM EST on November 17, 2019
- By whole thing, I thought you meant that you did the whole soundtrack. That song sounds good, at least.
- by Squeals92 at 9:08 AM EST on November 17, 2019
- Ah, not yet.
Still in the process of finding some of the more obscure samples ATM.
If anyone has any info on some, feel free to mention.
edited 9:11 AM EST November 17, 2019
- by Squeals92 at 8:06 PM EST on November 17, 2019
- Gave it another shot. Sorry for it being in OGG. I will post a .flac on catbox if needed
Edit: Just found out how to disable reverb. Will do so for future ones.
edited 8:08 PM EST November 17, 2019
- Guitar(?) strums by Squeals92 at 11:02 AM EST on November 20, 2019
- Since I couldn't find these myself, I was wondering if anyone here knows where these guitar-like strums(?) in the Mother 3 drumkit come from.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software