Previous Page | Next Page
- by 54634564 at 5:36 PM EDT on July 24, 2015
- @Control I was about to do this for you, but my SD card stopped working(was working 5 mins before, but now nothing). It's not being recognized in any of my readers or by my 3DS... Lost some stuff I hadn't had backed up.
I'll see if I can get another one.
Managed to dig up an old 1GB SD card, big enough for this.
edited 11:24 PM EDT July 24, 2015
- by Jake The Coder #2 at 9:28 PM EDT on July 25, 2015
- Hello!! Sorry for making another account...I've forgotten my password, please forgive me!! ;(
Anyways, Can anyone help me rip Music from the "Langrisser Re incarnation Tensei" ROM?
I have it Downloaded and am wanting to know how to rip Music from it, any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)
- by basin at 8:36 PM EDT on July 26, 2015
- Any progress lately with CSEQ and BCSAR?
- by RetroFanatic at 5:19 AM EDT on July 28, 2015
- Dunno if my last posts in here have been ignored or simply missed. Or that the music for the game can't be ripped atm, but...
Super Robot Taisen UX? Anyone? Please?
- by ze1 at 6:13 AM EDT on July 29, 2015
- Hi! I haven't found the in_vgmstream.dll available for download at https://github.com/kode54/vgmstream
Could anyone help me? How do I play bcstm files for 3DS music? :(
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 1:43 PM EDT on July 29, 2015
- Assuming you want the foobar2000 plugin:
- by ze1 at 3:38 PM EDT on July 29, 2015
- I'm trying to use it with Winamp
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 1:18 PM EDT on July 30, 2015
- I think soneek has a copy of the latest Winamp vgmstream.dll?
- by SonicHyuga at 10:47 PM EDT on August 2, 2015
- Here's the sound files for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer.
Honestly, not that impressed. =\
- by MindReader at 7:39 PM EDT on August 5, 2015
- Does anyone know where I can find rips of music from the 3DS system itself? Josh W's 3DS section doesn't have any, and I sooooo want the source files for the eShop theme and the Internet Settings theme.
Is it even possible to rip files directly from the system, or is it only limited to games?
- by MurraySkull at 9:20 PM EDT on August 5, 2015
- Not going to happen because it is SEQUENCED.
- by Lunar at 12:10 AM EDT on August 10, 2015
- New music from HAL Labs (Jun Ishikawa & Hirokazu Ando), in the form of a download-only 3DS game called BOXBOY!
It is on Youtube here, however the sound quality is poor, and not their best music anyway.
Let's hope the source files can be ripped out of the game at some point, or at least a better quality recording.
- by soneek at 6:09 AM EDT on August 10, 2015
- How much is BOXBOY on the eShop?
- by MindReader at 11:56 AM EDT on August 10, 2015
- BOXBOY costs $4.99.
- by Therius Shulk at 4:35 AM EDT on August 16, 2015
- Could somebody reupload Super Monkey Ball 3D? The other link isn't working for me. :/
- by Irastris at 4:22 AM EDT on September 16, 2015
- So has anyone figured out PWDD's .mca format for the streams yet? I really wanna get them converted.
- by jackskellinghog at 10:08 PM EDT on September 17, 2015
- Gyakuten Saiban: 123 Naruhodou Selection
Banner sound + sound folder
Requesting this again, link is dead, sorry.
- by PonyoBellanote at 4:09 PM EDT on September 27, 2015
- Anyone willing to do a rip of the new PokÚmon Mistery Dungeon game?
- by 54634564 at 4:25 PM EDT on September 29, 2015
- Gotcha Racing (U)
Banner sound + sound folder
- by hcs at 10:02 PM EDT on September 29, 2015
- IPFS mirror: Gotcha Racing (U) [eShop].zip
- by Kurausukun at 4:18 AM EDT on October 3, 2015
- I'd like to second the request for Super Mystery Dungeon. I've been playing it, and there's some pretty good music to be heard there.
- by 54634564 at 10:24 AM EDT on October 4, 2015
- Picross 3D 2 (J)
Banner sound + sound folder
- by hcs at 12:34 PM EDT on October 4, 2015
- IPFS mirror: Picross 3D 2 (J).zip
- by jonatti at 8:37 PM EDT on October 4, 2015
- I've download the Project Mirai DX rip, but it is missing A LOT of songs. Would be nice to have a complete one.
edited 8:37 PM EDT October 4, 2015
- by mesalazine at 7:21 AM EDT on October 9, 2015
- Does anyone still have a mirror of the 3DS system bgms?
- by MurraySkull at 3:56 PM EDT on October 9, 2015
- Dr. Mario Miracle Cure? I know there is at least one new stage clear track.
- by 54634564 at 6:37 PM EDT on October 9, 2015
- Dr. Mario Miracle Cure (U)
Banner sound + sound folder
Looks like the actual music is sequenced. Gonna have to wait until soneek finishes his cseq converter to listen to it.
edited 6:39 PM EDT October 9, 2015
- by hcs at 12:49 PM EDT on October 10, 2015
- IPFS mirror Dr. Mario Miracle Cure (U).zip
- by soneek at 1:15 PM EDT on October 10, 2015
- I'll see what I can do.
edited 1:16 PM EDT October 10, 2015
- by ChunkyLover130 at 8:41 PM EDT on October 10, 2015
- 54634564, do you happen to have a rip of Dragon Quest VIII 3DS?
- by 54634564 at 12:07 AM EDT on October 11, 2015
No, I don't, sorry. And that game is too large for me, I don't have a big enough SD card to decrypt it.
edited 12:08 AM EDT October 11, 2015
- by Kurausukun at 2:09 AM EDT on October 11, 2015
- Still need Super Mystery Dungeon rips.
- by MurraySkull at 3:22 PM EDT on October 14, 2015
- Tri-Force Heroes demo?
- by 54634564 at 5:21 PM EDT on October 14, 2015
- The Legend of Zelda - Tri Force Heroes demo
- by robotortoise at 7:42 PM EDT on October 14, 2015
- Thank you so much, 54634564! The music is fantastic!
It uses up to 7 channels at once, wow!
- by hcs at 5:42 AM EDT on October 15, 2015
- IPFS mirror: The Legend of Zelda - Tri Force Heroes demo.zip
- by 54634564 at 11:42 AM EDT on October 20, 2015
- The Legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes (E)
I think some of the music is sequenced(like most of the '8bit' music).
edited 7:01 PM EDT October 20, 2015
- by Kurausukun at 7:32 PM EDT on October 20, 2015
- Still no Super Mystery Dungeon rips?
- by hcs at 9:37 PM EDT on October 20, 2015
- IPFS mirror: The Legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes (E).zip
- by The12thGripper at 11:01 PM EDT on October 20, 2015
- That final boss theme is amazing, thanks for sharing 54634564!
- by rebooter23 at 3:22 AM EDT on October 21, 2015
- Thanks for sharing, 54634564!
I don't like it. They changed the formula too much. The whole soundtrack is in the color of mixed irish and gypsy elements. I should have known better when they started to leave classical instrumentation in A link between Worlds and change styles.
Although there's nothing against this kind of music and certainly one could argue since the first Zelda it's revolving around childs of phrygian/aeolian modes I certainly believe this soundtrack is not Zelda anymore, just as one could argue Adventure of Link lacks the typical Zelda Music Forumla.
Also lol at BGM_HOLOCAUST
edited 10:09 AM EDT October 21, 2015
- by MurraySkull at 4:10 PM EDT on October 23, 2015
- Pokemon Rumble World?
- by 54634564 at 2:54 PM EDT on October 27, 2015
- BCSEQ command list:
Names may or may not be from official tools, so it may not be a good idea to mirror.
EDIT: @soneek, shhh.
EDIT2: fixed unknown items
edited 8:31 PM EDT October 27, 2015
- by soneek at 6:05 PM EDT on October 27, 2015
- Those names are cool.
edited 10:18 AM EDT October 28, 2015
- by a574045075 at 6:33 PM EDT on October 27, 2015
- Hi! soneek.
I extracted the BCWAV from The Legend of Zelda - Tri Force Heroes Alice.bcsar.But vgmstream plugin can not play?
- by soneek at 6:26 PM EDT on October 28, 2015
- What did you use to dump the bcwav files?
- by a574045075 at 6:35 PM EDT on October 28, 2015
- I use vgmtoolbox.
- by 54634564 at 7:46 PM EDT on October 28, 2015
- Might be a newer version of the format? Most of them will play if you change the byte at 0x09 to 0x00.
edited 8:02 PM EDT October 28, 2015
- by a574045075 at 8:24 PM EDT on October 28, 2015
- Thank you! 54634564
- by 54634564 at 11:30 AM EDT on October 30, 2015
- soneek, your 3DSUSoundArchiveTool tool crashes on the BCSAR from Tri Force Heroes.
Seems like the BCWAR file offsets and sizes are set as 0xFFFFFFFF.
- by logan28469 at 5:27 PM EDT on October 30, 2015
- Thank you for Tri Force Heroes!!!
edited 6:24 PM EDT October 30, 2015
- by logan28469 at 6:28 PM EDT on October 30, 2015
- So how do I extract from the Alice.bcsar? Which tool would be best?
- by a574045075 at 6:38 PM EDT on October 30, 2015
- 54634564úíCan you share 3DSUSoundArchiveTool?
- by 54634564 at 6:44 PM EDT on October 30, 2015
- It's on soneek's github:
Also, it's not mentioned anywhere and was annoying to figure out, but the .txt files it generates are for a program called sf2comp. Convert the wave archive files mentioned in the txt to wav format, put them in the same folder as the txt, then run 'sf2comp c file.txt out.sf2'.
Then convert the cseq files to midi with soneek's cseqconv:
edited 6:53 PM EDT October 30, 2015
- by logan28469 at 6:48 PM EDT on October 30, 2015
- I'm just unaware of how to run that tool. Is it for linux? I'm on Win64
edited 6:52 PM EDT October 30, 2015
Someone please inform me.
edited 7:03 PM EDT October 30, 2015
- by a574045075 at 9:32 PM EDT on October 30, 2015
- 3DSUSoundArchiveTool doesn't seem to work for all bcsars ?
- by logan28469 at 10:59 PM EDT on October 30, 2015
- Instead of ignoring me, can someone please just send me a link to either how to compile the thing, or an executable version? I would appreciate it more than you know.
- by soneek at 8:48 AM EDT on October 31, 2015
- I wrote that tool as part of a class project, so I never really cleaned it up. I started a Python rewrite in the summer, but got sidetracked like usual. There's more necessary features that haven't been implemented yet, and it needs updating for newer b(c|f)sars. I haven't bothered trying to compile for Linux with that tool before, since I wrote it in VS2013.
Before running sf2comp, the bcwav needs to be output as lwav, since sf2comp will read the loop points for any applicable samples. I have a custom vgmstream executable that can do that when running "for %i in (*.bcwav) do vgmstream -L -f0 -l1 -o "%~ni.wav" "%i"
- by 54634564 at 9:58 AM EDT on October 31, 2015
- Hey soneek, am I looking at this right? I'm still learning about this sequenced music stuff, so I'm confused by a lot of this.
Sequences in Tri Force Heroes are full of things like this(output from BCSEQ decompiler I'm working on):
Don't only the last changes before the 'wait' have an effect? The other ones are just fluff that don't do anything?
edited 10:17 AM EDT October 31, 2015
- by soneek at 4:21 PM EDT on October 31, 2015
- I really don't remember off the top of my head. :/ Here's the rseq2midi source that I ended up adding onto for cseq support.
- by a574045075 at 9:44 PM EDT on October 31, 2015
- Soneek! Can you compile the code to exe ?
- by MindReader at 5:26 PM EST on November 3, 2015
- With braindump now making it very easy for me to rip sound files from 3DS games, you can expect some uploads from me now ;)
Starting with PokÚdex 3D Pro.
I'll be taking requests, but only if I own the game in question :P
- by logan28469 at 2:47 AM EST on November 4, 2015
- So for Tri Force Heroes, I have managed to use various tools to dump the bcwavs and bcseqs, but I have not made any further progress. I convert the bcseqs to midi, but then they play in strange instruments of the Windows midi library. Any way to make them sound like they do in-game? What about bcwars?
So I'm guessing all that need be made is a soundfont.
edited 3:48 AM EST November 4, 2015
- by hcs at 8:07 AM EST on November 4, 2015
- Thanks MindReader!
IPFS mirror: PokÚdex 3D Pro.rar
- by Uiriamu at 8:44 AM EST on November 4, 2015
Well, as long as we have the instrument samples, and know their loop points it should be easy to make a soundfont. Otherwise it'd have to be done manually.
If you could share what you have. We can at least take a look and see how complicated it might be doing that.
edited 8:51 AM EST November 4, 2015
- by soneek at 11:48 AM EST on November 4, 2015
- Remind me this weekend to compile my tool and provide instructions for building soundfonts from BCSARs.
- by 54634564 at 3:22 PM EST on November 4, 2015
- I'm not very happy with the code, but here's my BCSEQ decompiler:
see my post below for link
I'm more of a code reader than a code writer, so it's pretty damn ugly and inefficient. :(
Pass in a BCSEQ file, and get output like these:
edited 5:17 PM EST November 4, 2015
- by soneek at 4:15 PM EST on November 4, 2015
- I'm an engineer rather than a computer scientist, so my code is always ugly, heh. Nice, that's also useful for BRSEQ and BFSEQ, since the DATA and LABL sections are the same structure. B(R/F)SEQ might have different endianness in the data, though I have to check again to be 100%.
- by 54634564 at 5:16 PM EST on November 4, 2015
- Slight update:
I've improved the speed by a lot with a minor change(from minutes to seconds with large BCSEQ, like in TFH).
EDIT: Updated link. Variable names shouldn't have padding, fixed that.
edited 5:55 PM EST November 4, 2015
- by rikineko at 7:02 PM EST on November 4, 2015
- Here a rip for 7th Dragon 3 VFD:
Format should be correct(ADX),and the password is sega.
- by MurraySkull at 8:15 PM EST on November 4, 2015
- MindReader, what games do you have?
- by The12thGripper at 9:48 PM EST on November 4, 2015
- Thanks for sharing the tool, MindReader! I decided to do a test rip of Dream Trigger 3D and I noticed that it's not on the 3sf site so here's a link in case it's never been posted before:
Dream Trigger 3D Sound Rip
I've included the banner.bin file in case someone knows how to extract that (I'm assuming the music associated with the HOME Menu banner is in there) and the sound.bcsar for whenever we can extract sequenced music from .bcsar files.
- by logan28469 at 11:53 PM EST on November 4, 2015
- So, what I currently have are the output files from 3DSAudioRipper, BCSAR Unpacker, and I could not get soneek's tool to work after compiling it (it crashes).
output2 has midis exported from cseqconv. I would love to do complete the rip, if I can apply the instruments.
edited 12:02 AM EST November 5, 2015
edited 12:08 AM EST November 5, 2015
- by The12thGripper at 1:17 AM EST on November 5, 2015
- I'm unsure if these were posted before but I apologize if they were:
Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
PokÚmon Rumble World
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
One thing though, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is mostly sequenced (which isn't surprising thinking about it).
On a side note, if there any non-digital game on my Backloggery that hasn't been ripped, let me know and I'd be more than happy to do it!
edited 9:46 AM EST November 5, 2015
- by McStoat at 7:24 AM EST on November 5, 2015
- Cool, thanks MindReader! Gave it a try and this is all I managed to extract from my games that weren't already dumped by someone else
The rest would either crash braindump or were all sequenced. Actually Pushmo almost worked? It only extracted a couple of bcstms but only one would play. Shame because judging by the one file that extracted properly the music in there was 44khz. Stretchmo also includes some (all?) of Pushmo's music but the files are all 28khz.
- by Uiriamu at 8:46 AM EST on November 5, 2015
- A lot of the midis don't seem to play when I click on them. But From what I could tell. Each one that I could play seemed to be the 8-bit versions.
I opened the midi for the Woodland level. (0x764F20) and muted some of the overlaying sounds for the totem. And put a standard 8-bit soundfont over it.
I also recorded off of my 3DS for to give a comparison.
(midi + soundfont)
From what I can recall for the DS. Most games that used 8-bit instruments were actually coming from the system itself and were not sampled. I don't know if that is the case with this game, but still.
edited 8:48 AM EST November 5, 2015
- by The12thGripper at 11:22 AM EST on November 5, 2015
Looking at the STRG_Text.txt file provided by logan28469, there are 2 (sound) bank files labeled FAMICOM and FAMICOM_SKY. Most of the other bank files are labeled with SE but there's one labeled STAGE_Tailor and I have no idea what that could be. Maybe I'm a bit too hopeful but maybe the choir sounds are sampled for some reason?
edited 11:22 AM EST November 5, 2015
- by Uiriamu at 12:29 PM EST on November 5, 2015
The normal version of the tailor lady's music doesn't sound any different than the rest of the music. So I'm kind of curious about that. All of the other voice related stuff I heard in the game sounded like the same Mario galaxy(ish) group that's been doing stuff for them.
Though... I'm pretty sure the music for bouncing the purple ball are midis. (Or at least they appear to be.) So if I were to make a educated guess. I would say the samples for those songs might be inside it.
edited 12:35 PM EST November 5, 2015
edited 12:37 PM EST November 5, 2015
- by The12thGripper at 1:30 PM EST on November 5, 2015
- Question: Is the 3sf site the only archive for 3DS sound rips or is there another one that has more and/or is more frequently updated?
Yeah, those songs are sequenced. They're all labeled "LobbyBall" and each song has at least 20 sequences. I knew that the LobbyBall songs had to be sequenced but didn't think each part of the song would be a separate sequence. I don't know why they did that but I guess it was easier for some reason.
- by 54634564 at 1:54 PM EST on November 5, 2015
- Yeah, the music ball in TFH is sequenced. The songs for it are broken up into many small parts that are basically like sequenced sound effects. They're called one at a time. With some small effort, you can turn them into midis of the full songs, though.
Here's a few:
Some of them play a little fast. In game, they play at variable speed. It gets faster the more you hit it, so I'm guessing the speed is controlled outside the sequence.
- by logan28469 at 6:57 PM EST on November 5, 2015
- This is progressing quicker than I thought. So, how are you getting these to play? My fb2k won't play them, but WMP plays them, but with Windows instruments (which is odd since WMP sucks, so why is it playing anything). As for the lobbyball songs, they are not 8 bit, but I think we have successfully located the soundbanks.
Man, I hope the upcoming (whenever that is) Wii U Zelda is all streams...
EDIT: Your outputs play on fb2k, but with slightly better instrumentation. Still not in-game, but wondering why these played when others didn't. Maybe output by a different encoder?
edited 7:01 PM EST November 5, 2015
- by choatix at 3:02 AM EST on November 6, 2015
- Seems to be easier now so is it possible to rip the music from Pokemon Dream Radar?
- by McStoat at 3:44 AM EST on November 6, 2015
- I thought someone had already ripped Dream Radar a while ago? I don't see it on 3sf.joshw so maybe I just imagined it. Here's my attempt, I'm not sure how complete it is since I haven't played this in a long time and there's a lot of dummy files in there but this is all braindump got out.
Pokemon Dream Radar
- by Uiriamu at 8:04 AM EST on November 6, 2015
Well, all of the files loaded the same way in most of the programs I used. (WMP, Winamp, Anvil studio etc.) The ones that didn't play, did not show any midi data inside of it. They appear to be simply empty.
edited 8:17 AM EST November 6, 2015
- by The12thGripper at 9:50 AM EST on November 6, 2015
How did you get the banner.BCWAV file?
- by MindReader at 10:08 AM EST on November 6, 2015
Here's a pastebin of all of the software that I own.
While I was making the list, I realized that most of the stuff that I own are either games that are already ripped, or games that most people wouldn't be interested in having rips of to begin with.
But nevertheless, if anyone sees something from my list that they want ripped, just ask :)
- by The12thGripper at 12:45 PM EST on November 6, 2015
- Here's a bunch more rips I did:
Brain Age: Concentration Training
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir
Ultimate NES Remix
Crosswords Plus and Freakyforms Deluxe are all 100% sequenced.
Brain Age: Concentration Training was so large that CTRTool crashed while trying to extract the files. I've included my incomplete rip and the file archives in case someone wants to try extracting the files on their end.
edited 12:49 PM EST November 6, 2015
edited 3:50 PM EST November 6, 2015
- by McStoat at 2:08 PM EST on November 6, 2015
This guy made a tool to extract them from the banner.bin
3DS .CWAV Dumper
- by 54634564 at 3:05 PM EST on November 6, 2015
Tetris: Axis is not sequenced. The music is just all packed into the BCSAR for some reason.
edited 3:05 PM EST November 6, 2015
- by The12thGripper at 3:38 PM EST on November 6, 2015
Thank you! I'll be sure to extract them for future rips.
I kinda forgot that there's a tool to extract files from BCSAR, I'll reupload it with the files extracted. Thanks!
- by logan28469 at 8:49 PM EST on November 6, 2015
So that's good. Maybe I'm just crazy. Any luck on finding the instruments?
- by MurraySkull at 9:27 PM EST on November 6, 2015
- Any possibility of Puzzles & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition?
- by iloveyou at 1:50 AM EST on November 7, 2015
Any chance of getting a rip of [ Langrisser -Re-Incarnation Tensei? ] :(
- by choatix at 7:35 AM EST on November 8, 2015
- Since it's presumably easy to get hold of, finishing the collection of 3ds downloadable games would be good if - Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter could have rips too :) If XYORAS bcsar files could also exist or similar for sound effets that would also be greatly appriecated
- by Blazingflare at 7:37 PM EST on November 8, 2015
- Here's a rip of Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright. I included the bcsar archives with it.
Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright
Edit: @Chaotix Here's Pokemon Bank/Transporter. Both apps contain all the music for both applicaitions. Pokemon Bank/Transporter
edited 5:10 AM EST November 9, 2015
- by MurraySkull at 12:02 PM EST on November 10, 2015
- Again requesting Puzzles & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition.
- by robotortoise at 12:41 AM EST on November 12, 2015
- EDIT: Wait, wrong game. Oops.
edited 6:41 PM EST November 12, 2015
- by McStoat at 1:55 AM EST on November 12, 2015
- Are you sure that's the right game, robotortoise? Haha
- by robotortoise at 7:13 PM EST on November 12, 2015
- Working link for Code Name S.T.E.A.M.'s streams and sound effects: https://mega.nz/#!IpAWDLbC!XF06gHsN0VaAHcxSy930c0G67hLDM4up3lVB7mMtWqc
Can't believe I uploaded the wrong streams last time, yeesh. Sorry!
edited 9:02 PM EST November 12, 2015
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 10:24 AM EST on November 13, 2015
- Countdown to MurraySkull asking for Puzzles & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition in 10... 9... 8...
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software