- Switch - Music by soneek at 11:00 AM EDT on July 15, 2017
- Since vgmstream supports all the types we've seen so far, here are some sets to start things off. As with the initial releases of Wii U music, don't bother requesting sets. They'll come when they're available, and at the discretion of whoever rips them.
Splatoon 2 Global Testfire
Splatoon 2 World Premiere Demo
I included custom multi-channel versions of the ARMS title song/character select/online lobby. They're separate BFWAVs by default. The main track for the title screen is the only lossy one in those mixes, since it's PCM16. The other variations are still DSP-ADPCM.
edited 11:39 AM EDT July 15, 2017
- by bxaimc at 11:29 AM EDT on July 15, 2017
- There's your green-light, people.
- by Knurek at 12:40 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- "The main track for the title screen is the only lossy one in those mixes, since it's PCM16. The other variations are still DSP-ADPCM."
Shouldn't it be the other way around? PCM is lossless, ADPCM is lossy.
Either way, both sets should be mirrored in 10 minutes or so, keep them coming.
edited 12:41 PM EDT July 15, 2017
- by soneek at 12:50 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- I meant that I converted the main track from PCM16 to DSP-ADPCM for the mixed tracks. :P
- by Vector Harbor at 1:04 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- Whoa thank you so much !
Edit : One question tho. When i play the global testfire there was a loud noise, is there a way to fix this problem on foobar ?
edited 1:16 PM EDT July 15, 2017
- by AnonRunzes at 1:20 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- @soneek - "I meant that I converted the main track from PCM16 to DSP-ADPCM for the mixed tracks."
Now that made me want the untouched sets.
- by Knurek at 1:20 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- I'm guessing bnnm needs to add proper endianess support to his vgmstream build.
I've uploaded Blaster Master Zero rip as well (since Inti left the Switch datafiles on the 3DS version)
edited 1:23 PM EDT July 15, 2017
- by bxaimc at 1:25 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- If you're able to compile vgmstream, it should work.
- by soneek at 1:33 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- Anyone having playback issues in foobar2000 needs to go to update the components in their preferences. The update for PCM16LE bfstm just made it into the component last night.
@AnonRunzes the untouched files are all there. The "Mix" files are additional custom files.
- by AnonRunzes at 2:16 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- @soneek - Ahh, I see now. Sorry about that, I was just getting a little confused over your statements.
- by Hiccup at 2:18 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- Are your sources willing to post the BFSARs (or equivalents?)
- by Vector Harbor at 7:12 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- Thank you so much for the vgmstream update !
- by iloveyou at 9:02 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- Switch ON! :)
- by ChillyBilly at 11:30 PM EDT on July 15, 2017
- Wow, not even half a year since it came out and we're already getting rips... not that I'm complaining, of course. Keep up the good work, guys! ;)
- by hcs at 2:06 AM EDT on July 16, 2017
- Cool beans, many thanks to the shadowy sources!
- by Therius Shulk at 11:08 AM EDT on July 16, 2017
- Looks like Arms might be missing the Credits theme.
- by rebooter23 at 2:26 PM EDT on July 16, 2017
- So now what we need is BotW
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 3:22 PM EDT on July 16, 2017
- But why would we need BOTW? It has the exact same music as the Wii U game, doesn't it?
- by starerik at 3:26 PM EDT on July 16, 2017
- BotW for Switch has higher quality.
- by Vector Harbor at 3:51 PM EDT on July 16, 2017
- You know ? For completionist !
- by The12thGripper at 4:43 PM EDT on July 16, 2017
- I'm hoping nobody forgets about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I'd love to get my hands on Lunar Colony...
- by MurraySkull at 4:59 PM EDT on July 16, 2017
- Would love to get my hands on Lunar Colony as well! As for the ARMS credits, that might be a prerendered video.
- by bxaimc at 12:42 AM EDT on July 17, 2017
- For the arms credits. It's an MP4 video with sfx
edited 12:43 AM EDT July 17, 2017
- by Therius Shulk at 10:00 AM EDT on July 17, 2017
- Could somebody link to the credits video anyway?
- by crediar at 6:31 PM EDT on July 19, 2017
- soon (tm)
- by 54634564 at 1:21 PM EDT on July 20, 2017
- The first Switch scene releases have started appearing:
> Well Time to do a Switch Release
> The First of its Kind so we better include some information
> This is a Dump from the Cart done on a Switch Console
> included is the exeFS and the romFS(in .istorage)
> we have chosen this because raw cart format is unique
> so we removed the uniqueness and this is what we are left with
> mine to your hearts content and maybe learn something
Seems kinda dumb, imo. This is definitely not something I'd have expected from a scene group. Sure, it's great for us to extract the music from. But it's a spit in the face of people that care about preservation. Luckily other people(like SciresM) know how to make full card dumps and will hopefully share how later on after the methods are patched or something.
edited 1:22 PM EDT July 20, 2017
edited 5:25 PM EDT July 20, 2017
- by 54634564 at 2:05 PM EDT on July 20, 2017
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (USA)
Includes full sound folder(music and voices)
edited 2:16 PM EDT July 20, 2017
- by SonicHyuga at 2:47 PM EDT on July 20, 2017
- Oh well, MK8D is still at 32000Hz...
Interesting how the file names are still referencing the Wii U, even the battle stages.
- by 54634564 at 3:36 PM EDT on July 20, 2017
- ARMS ending cutscene
MP4 video file. Didn't want to just extract and upload the audio track from it.
edited 3:40 PM EDT July 20, 2017
- by Vector Harbor at 4:51 PM EDT on July 20, 2017
- Whoa ! Impressing !
argh...sorry but do you have any plan for the full release of Splatoon 2 ?
- by bxaimc at 7:12 PM EDT on July 20, 2017
- Hasn't been dumped yet
- by soneek at 8:11 PM EDT on July 20, 2017
- Remember, don't clutter the thread with requests. Have patience, and stuff will be shared when people get their hands on it.
I'm glad MK8 Deluxe is available finally. I've been waiting for clean versions of the battle tracks and final minute variations. I've been playing a ot of Puyo Puyo Tetris as well.
- by Vector Harbor at 8:21 PM EDT on July 20, 2017
- Of course. If nobody post splatoon 2 or other switch games, i'm not gonna bother others for that.
Also, should we pin this thread ?
Edit 2 : here's the Puyo Puyo Tetris (music only)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (music only)
edited 8:50 PM EDT July 20, 2017
- by dork at 10:08 AM EDT on July 21, 2017
- I'm waiting for a BOTW rip to show up, I want to know if the music is actually higher quality than the Wii U music.
Nintendo did boast higher audio quality on the Switch, but it could just be a better audio decoder/processer or just PR speak since there is very little difference between the two versions besides a marginal increase in resolution and fps.
- by starerik at 10:18 AM EDT on July 21, 2017
- BotW is confirmed to be 48 kHz.
- by dork at 10:29 AM EDT on July 21, 2017
- Damn that's great, now I just gotta get it.
- by crediar at 1:04 PM EDT on July 21, 2017
- The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild
I put all the BFSTM from the game into it.
- by Vector Harbor at 1:08 PM EDT on July 21, 2017
- Thank you !
One question : does this include the dlc ?
- by dork at 2:05 PM EDT on July 21, 2017
- Thanks crediar, appreciate it.
- by RebeccaSugar at 3:35 PM EDT on July 21, 2017
- Aw crediar, you're the best!
- by soneek at 6:17 PM EDT on July 21, 2017
- Thanks crediar!
In case there are sets that contain bfstms with REGN blocks (multiple looping regions in the file), I'm thinking of rebuilding single bfstms for each looped region losslessly. It's in BotW for the town themes, and I think it'll pop up in Splatoon 2 based on what I've heard playing the tutorial today.
Has Been Heroes <- ww2ogg with packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603, and then revorb each ogg afterwards.
edited 12:36 PM EDT July 22, 2017
- by Knurek at 2:38 PM EDT on July 22, 2017
- @soneek: VGMStream supports WEM natively now, could you please provide the original files?
- by soneek at 3:40 PM EDT on July 22, 2017
- They are the original files. :P I was just giving instructions on how to make them playable...all before I just learned that VGMStream supports them as is. Oh well.
- by Krypto at 5:52 PM EDT on July 22, 2017
- Wait, VGMStream supports .wem now? Does that mean music in games like Star Fox Zero could finally have a proper loop?
EDIT: Tested the Star Fox Zero .wem files with foobar, and it's not looping. I dunno if it's because it's a year old or it's missing something. Otherwise, it might only be manually looped outside of the game.
edited 6:04 PM EDT July 22, 2017
- by MurraySkull at 7:11 PM EDT on July 22, 2017
- Here's an upload for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe that includes only the NEW tracks:
Hope to see Ultra Street Fighter II and Super Bomberman R soon!
- by bxaimc at 7:48 PM EDT on July 22, 2017
- @Krypto - The WEM from Wii U games like SF Zero, Bayonetta 2, and Wonderful 101 don't contain loop points within the individual file headers themselves and it's stored somewhere else in the game's code. It's just something dumb implemented with Audiokinetic's Wwise SDK.
- by Vector Harbor at 7:51 PM EDT on July 22, 2017
- Like Paper mario color splash ?
- by soneek at 12:45 PM EDT on July 23, 2017
- Knurek, can you rename Splatoon 2 to Splatoon 2 (Demo)? There's much more to come in the final game that we haven't gotten yet.
- by Segtendo at 11:01 PM EDT on July 24, 2017
- I'm gonna lurk this thread like a hawk until Splatoon 2 rips come out.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 11:05 PM EDT on July 24, 2017
- MurraySkull, can you re-upload the MK8D rip? The file was "blocked for violation".
- by soneek at 11:12 PM EDT on July 24, 2017
- switch.joshw.info has mirrors for everything so far.
- by MurraySkull at 6:51 PM EDT on July 25, 2017
- Here's another upload for the mini-rip of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:
- by (!!!!!) at 5:35 AM EDT on July 27, 2017
- The FWAV music for Breath of the Wild was missing so here's a link.
BOTW FWAV NS.rar
- by ryanrocks462 at 1:47 AM EDT on July 29, 2017
- For you Vector with much love
-ryan west ;>
Splatoon 2 full game Stream folder
- by soneek at 3:20 AM EDT on July 29, 2017
- Thanks guys.
- by Vector Harbor at 8:32 AM EDT on July 29, 2017
- Thank you so much :D
- by soneek at 11:25 AM EDT on July 29, 2017
- Ryan, had you obtained any BARS archives or a BFSAR for Splatoon 2 as well?
- by Maxo at 12:55 PM EDT on July 29, 2017
- this is so good, thanks Ryan! I'm having trouble locating the shop themes though.. are they included?
edited 12:56 PM EDT July 29, 2017
edited 12:56 PM EDT July 29, 2017
- by ryanrocks462 at 4:29 PM EDT on July 29, 2017
- @soneek i have the full romfs sooo just tell me what u want
- by milkbag at 8:46 PM EDT on July 29, 2017
- do you think you could post a version of the single player stages without the hi hats? they're really annoying
- by Vector Harbor at 9:07 PM EDT on July 29, 2017
- Just convert into wav and split them with audacity.
- Gus!! by dany1994gus at 12:21 AM EDT on August 1, 2017
- I have a problem with the Splatoon 2 themes. There is a file called. "STRM_World" that I can not convert to audio. Does anyone know how to do it? I guess it's because it has several channels that audio. Is there a plugin that I can convert to audio with foobat2000?
Also there are the issues of when Judd announces which team won and lost in turf war. Including story mode mode when you gain and lose level. If someone can rip those topics I appreciate it
edited 12:30 AM EDT August 1, 2017
- by JudgeIto at 3:29 PM EDT on August 5, 2017
- Knurek: I've uploaded Blaster Master Zero rip as well (since Inti left the Switch datafiles on the 3DS version)
To be clear, everything we've gotten so far is from Switch cart dumps, right? (or dumb luck like BM:Zero)
So ripping eshop titles like Kamiko is currently out of bounds?
edited 3:31 PM EDT August 5, 2017
- by MurraySkull at 6:00 PM EDT on August 5, 2017
- I would think not, if we got the files for the Splatoon 2 Testfires.
- by JudgeIto at 10:08 PM EDT on August 5, 2017
- Ah, those slipped my mind.
- Missing tracks? by Arend at 4:01 PM EDT on August 19, 2017
- From the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 rips I downloaded, I believe there are some tracks missing.
The Splatoon 2 rip misses the Win/Lose jingles for Turf War and Splatfest, as well as the Mission Clear and Mission Failed jingles for Hero Mode. (EDIT: Splatfest result jingles are also missing, I believe)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe misses the Staff Roll sequence.
I feel like the missing Splatoon 2 jingles are somewhat more important, though, because MK8D's staff roll track is naturally the same as regular MK8's.
edited 6:39 AM EDT August 20, 2017
- by MurraySkull at 6:09 PM EDT on August 19, 2017
- Pretty sure the MK8DX Staff Roll is a prerendered movie.
- by Arend at 6:40 AM EDT on August 20, 2017
- That actually doesn't surprise me, really.
- by despycl at 6:38 PM EDT on August 25, 2017
- mario + rabbids kingdom battle? Hopefully someone can rip it, would appreaciate a lot :)
- by mariofan12ify at 11:18 PM EDT on August 25, 2017
- Yeah some people got it earlier for some reason. Would love to see it ripped.
- by 54634564 at 10:22 PM EDT on August 28, 2017
- Does the game require firmware over 3.0? I think I've read that anything past 3.0 uses new crypto that the hackers can't decrypt, at least until they hack a newer firmware.
edited 10:25 PM EDT August 28, 2017
- by mariofan12ify at 2:35 AM EDT on August 29, 2017
- I read a post on a forum saying that it's under 3.0 so I guess it can be ripped.
- Mario Rabbids news by Sephirothkefka at 6:23 PM EDT on August 29, 2017
- I checked some info about Mario Rabbids and as it turns out it seems to use Wwise ADPCM. Which type is unclear. Hopefully the sampling rate and quality is decent enough.
- by Vector Harbor at 9:41 PM EDT on August 29, 2017
- Where did you get that ?
- by mariofan12ify at 12:23 AM EDT on August 30, 2017
- I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been ripped yet. I mean, Sonic Mania on PC got ripped almost instantly. I was hoping Mario + Rabbids would too.
Has anyone ripped it yet? Or at least tried?
edited 7:49 AM EDT August 30, 2017
- by soneek at 1:03 PM EDT on August 30, 2017
- Anyone can rip from PC games. Switch is another story entirely. It might not even be doable yet for the newer games.
- by Sephirothkefka at 8:36 PM EDT on August 30, 2017
- @vector I got the info from the Intellectual Property notice page. I suggest people should check that just to be sure what we're up against.
- by mariofan12ify at 12:28 PM EDT on September 1, 2017
- @soneek - I hate to ask, since I don't have experience with ripping from discs/cartridges, but why might the newer games not be rippable yet? Wouldn't they just be the same as the first few games?
- by Mouser X at 12:57 PM EDT on September 1, 2017
- As I understand it (based entirely on what I've read on this forum over the last few days) the Switch had an update to the firmware, which either broke, fixed, removed, or altered the exploit the cartridge rippers were using to rip games. Thus, newer games, which likely won't run without the update, won't be rippable using the current means, until they find, create, or "fix" a new exploit.
Seeing as "software" titles were ripped (Splatoon 2 demo), it is possible to rip eShop games. But since the eShop requires the update, it's unlikely we'll get any new eShop rips, until a new exploit is found. As for the cartridges, I don't know how the current exploit works (again, I've only read this forum. I haven't gone researching). It's possible that, even if they can't play/run the game (because they've stuck to the old, exploitable firmware), they can still rip it, using the older firmware. But that depends on how the exploit works, and what it does. If the game has to be playable to rip it, then they won't be able to rip newer games until a new exploit is found, for the new firmware.
Hopefully that explains why future software might not be rippable. Mouser X over and out.
- by despycl at 5:49 PM EDT on September 1, 2017
- @mouser x it depends, since mario × rabbids comes with an update prior to 3.0.1, so as i have seen the problem isnt that the game cant be ripped, but the fact that the game files format are unknown orjust that nobody has ripped them yet.
edited 5:51 PM EDT September 1, 2017
- by bxaimc at 6:04 PM EDT on September 1, 2017
- From my understanding, the game just hasn't been dumped yet. There are plenty of tools for ubisoft games out there so it's only a matter of time until then.
- by Mouser X at 7:25 PM EDT on September 1, 2017
- Thanks for the clarification. I misinterpreted the question more generally, as "Why would future games be unrippable?", and thus answered that. But both your answers are more likely for this situation, it sounds like. Mouser X over and out.
- by mariofan12ify at 12:30 AM EDT on September 2, 2017
- Well, I did do some searching and saw this:
I guess the game has been dumped already.
- by despycl at 1:08 AM EDT on September 2, 2017
- Then it's a matter of contacting the switch scene people to see if they can share the music files at least. Would do but i have never contacted them before and i doubt they would give the file to a simple internet dude like me, lol.
- by mariofan12ify at 1:19 AM EDT on September 2, 2017
- The original post in the thread says they probably won't share them anyway because it's illegal or copyrighted. But I guess the music files would be okay to share.
edited 12:08 PM EDT September 2, 2017
- by MurraySkull at 1:48 AM EDT on September 2, 2017
- GBATemp isn't the Scene. Also, I have unable to find the dump myself.
- by mariofan12ify at 2:26 PM EDT on September 4, 2017
- It's been a week since Mario + Rabbids came and still no rip. Man, am I getting tired of waiting...
- by bxaimc at 3:19 PM EDT on September 4, 2017
- Yea it's been dumped but it isn't available publicly yet. Give it some time. It's only been dumped for less than a week.
- by 54634564 at 4:51 PM EDT on September 4, 2017
- It's up on OPG if someone feels like grabbing it.
edited 4:55 PM EDT September 4, 2017
- by Vector Harbor at 5:05 PM EDT on September 4, 2017
- OPG ? What is that ?
- by bxaimc at 6:37 PM EDT on September 4, 2017
- by (!!!!!) at 7:50 PM EDT on September 4, 2017
It's a rough rip with SFX and most of the files are currently unplayable. The few that play are PCM wems. ww2ogg, wwise_ima_adpcm, and vgmstream doesnt seem to work for the remaining streams.
edited 7:51 PM EDT September 4, 2017
- by mariofan12ify at 2:22 AM EDT on September 5, 2017
Well I guess it'll do until a better rip, thanks!
EDIT: Ok I just noticed that the only playable files are only SFX. This is a pretty bad rip to be honest.
edited 2:58 AM EDT September 5, 2017
- by soneek at 7:34 AM EDT on September 5, 2017
- @mariofan12ify, you're implying that every rip is a bad rip if vgmstream doesn't support the files yet. Remember that this is a forum for native files, not conversions. Those files are native.
- by mariofan12ify at 7:56 AM EDT on September 5, 2017
My bad, I realised that shortly afterwards.
- by (!!!!!) at 3:44 PM EDT on September 5, 2017
- Is there anyway to cut files via vgmtoolbox using multiple strings (for Mario+Rabbids to cut files that have RIFF and WAVEfmt in the header) so I can more accurately rip the audio without any errors cutting files coincidentally starting with the string RIFF.
- by Infernus Animositas at 10:33 PM EDT on September 5, 2017
- The settings I've put in this image should help you !!!!!
VGMToolbox WAVEfmt Cutter Settings
edited 10:33 PM EDT September 5, 2017
- by JILost at 12:12 AM EDT on September 6, 2017
- Has there been any sign of Ultra Street Fighter II on the horizon?
- by (!!!!!) at 10:22 PM EDT on September 6, 2017
- @Infernus thanks for the settings I originally thought you could only cut starting from the string.
@JILost unfortunately no, the only switch game dumps that are public have been scene releases and pretty much all of them have been ripped with Mario+Rabbids being the latest one.
Re-rip of Mario+Rabbids:
- by Vector Harbor at 2:24 PM EDT on September 7, 2017
- Unfortunately, it still doesn't work (for foobar) but we just have to wait for an update.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software