- How to extract file names with USM files? by ExiMaster at 9:15 PM EDT on April 23, 2020
- Hello, I have VGMToolbox r1040. The Stream Tools > Video Demux > USM option works great for these USM files I have. However, I was wondering if there's a newer build of VGMTools or some other option to automatically rename the Demuxed files with their meaningful names.
If you want to see what I am talking about, here is a sample file I will reference in this post: USM File Sample
If you open that file with Notepad, you see the usual file header as CRID, if you keep scrolling to the right, you will see the embedded file names / metadata. In this file, they are called story_210200501.usm story_210200501.avi bgm_210200501.wav se_210200501.wav vo_210200501.wav.
Now what the Demux USM does in VGMToolbox, is it extracts the avi as an mpeg2 and the three audio files as extensionless adx files with the same file name as the original USM / CRID file. If there's a way for VGMToolbox to automatically identify and rename those files to what they should be, that would be great!
- by bnnm at 9:31 AM EDT on April 24, 2020
- Try using this USM demuxer command line tool:
crid_mod.exe -o . -n -v -x movie.usm
- by ExiMaster at 5:50 AM EDT on April 26, 2020
- Thanks for the tool, it looks like it recognizes the internal names properly, however, the video is black and the audio is static. Maybe I have an encrypted USM file? Not sure since it just works in VGMToolbox. I know the key for these files are 00 00 00 00 00 30 D9 E8 if anything happens to be encrypted and tried applying it in the command line, but still no luck. Maybe I did it wrong?
crid_mod.exe -o . -n -v -x -b 00000000 -a 0030D9E8 test.usm
edited 6:01 AM EDT April 26, 2020
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software