- Final Fantasy Tactics Midi Problem? by fedex1 at 11:20 AM EDT on September 16, 2021
- So, I would like to get midi files from Final Fantasy Tactics, but the point is that I can get them using vgmtrans (and getting them from zophar.net).
I can extract the .midi and .dls files but they are really weird midis, because in every "sound bank" there are multiple instruments and the bank changes at every notes on the piano roll, plus sometimes the instruments doesn't play the exact instrument.
Now I actually had the patience to make some of the tracks, but really is there another way to actually have normal midi like other ps1 and ps2 midis?
- by Lunar at 5:07 AM EDT on October 18, 2021
- You'd have to do some amount of manual editing to reconstruct the sequences in a manner that is intelligible to the General MIDI standard, unfortunately. It isn't uncommon for music sequence data in videogames to have instruments/parts allocated to internal sound channels dynamically as part of the music implementation process. Many such cases on SNES, N64, DS etc.
- by fedex1 at 5:37 AM EDT on October 18, 2021
- already finished the cover album, thx, I did it that way: I colored the notes which were an octave up in one way, and notes an octave down another way, etc.. other instruments I had to go by ear but in the end I done it
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software