- Zelda TP Sound Effects and Textures by Sylv at 4:06 PM EDT on June 15, 2008
- Hi there. I have 2 questions about Twilight Princess.
The Music from TP was ripped so I wonder if someone have the SFX? I tried to do it myself (extract .baa and then .wsys, open in same directory as .aw but nothing happen if I'm open the .wsys) so is there a chance that someone rip the SFX and upload them somewhere? Or have I something misunderstood and it's not possible to rip the SFX?
Is it normal that some of the stage files that are extract through BMDview2 have broken textures? For example D_SB01 (Cave of Ordeals) If I'm extract that, all textures are black = completely corrupted? Maybe it's because of BMDview but i don't know. So any other way to extract them?
- by Mouser X at 7:57 PM EDT on June 15, 2008
- Ripping sound effects is possible. However, I am not aware of any tools to do it. I suppose part of the problem is that I have no idea where they'd be stored, or what file(s) they'd be stored in.
As for textures, this probably isn't the best place to ask. I would suggest asking at the Emutalk Forums. For that matter, they might have some better ideas about getting the sound effects as well.
Really, I can't say I'm familiar with any of the tools your using. While it's not very surprising that it's being done, I hadn't heard anything about getting textures from TP at all. Obviously, I'm not the one ask about that. Good luck with it though. Mouser X over and out.
- by hcs at 9:08 PM EDT on June 15, 2008
- Re sound effects:
baad 0.1 which extracts stuff from the .baa, and wsyster 0.1 which extracts the sound effects from the resultant .aw and .wsys files.
These tools aren't perfect but might be enough for your needs. As I recall you run badd.exe with the Z2Sound.baa file, which dumps a bunch of stuff, then you run wsyster.exe on each of the .wsys files. Note that this produces many thousands of files.
- by marioman at 9:17 PM EDT on June 15, 2008
- Welcome to the forum.
I have been looking for the textures for OoT for a while. (Particularly for the Pedestal of Time/Chamber of Sages.) Have you by chance seen an OoT texture pack anywhere?
- by Mouser X at 10:13 PM EDT on June 15, 2008
- There's a few different ones. Some people in Emutalk were working on some Hi-Res texture packs for use in N64 emulators. Though, I really don't know how far they got. I've seen 2 or 3 different texture packs for OoT. I think one of them gave it a cel-shaded look. Hope that helps? Mouser X over and out.
- by Sylv at 2:35 AM EDT on June 16, 2008
yeah i did that but when i run wsyster on the .wsys files NOTHING happen... i don't know why or what i do wrong.
- by hcs at 5:24 AM EDT on June 16, 2008
- I suggest running it from the command line, and changing into the directory with both the .wsys and .aw files first.
- by Sylv at 6:09 AM EDT on June 16, 2008
- Yes it works now, thx.
- by marioman at 7:13 AM EDT on June 16, 2008
- Sorry, I meant that I am looking for the original textures. I found those retexture packs, but the originals would be nice. Surely there is a complete texture set that people are using to make these retexture projects.
edited 7:15 AM EDT June 16, 2008
- by Sylv at 8:51 AM EDT on June 16, 2008
- I can't find the originals.
I don't know if this helps but here is a tutorial for rice plugin how to dump the textures.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software