Previous Page | Next Page
- by marcusss at 3:48 AM EST on December 16, 2017
- @ Ultrafighter: Thaks for your rips. I downloaded them so will give them a listen over the weekend. I have a couple games I will try to rip as well.
- by OzoneOne at 6:01 AM EST on December 16, 2017
- I re-ripped the PS2 version of Crash Nitro Kart, and included all the music from the assets.gob resource file, as well as an intro FMV that has an extended mix of the Main Menu music (you can open the .sfd with Audacity to load the FMV's audio tracks). I included a readme with notes on the in-game context of the music; I'll also paste that here after the link.
Crash Nitro Kart (2003-11-11)(Driver-Inter, Vicarious Visions)(Universal Interactive).7z
0000060e.vag - Main Menu (left channel)
0000060d.vag - Main Menu (right channel)
0000043e.vag - Aku Aku Invincibility Mask
00000614.vag - Uka Uka Invincibility Mask
00000618.vag - Velo Invincibility Mask
00000605.vag - Podium (left channel)
00000604.vag - Podium (right channel)
SCOENG.SFD - Main Menu (higher quality, extended remix)
in the Final Lap version of Electron Avenue (TEKNEE3F), the last 8 bars only play in-game every second loop (i.e. you need to listen to the track twice to hear it)
- by Ultrafighter at 9:25 AM EST on December 17, 2017
- @Marcusss: Mace Griffin has just been added to VGM archives so be my guest and try it out as well as upcoming "Indiana Jones and the emperor's tomb" PS2 set (my 1st one with TXTH!).
The latter easily makes it to my own TOP-5 best ambient / orchestral scores of all time and I still absolutely love the game too. This title was scored by composer of Outlaws & Uncharted: Golden abyss (I only listened to both OST + rip from the latter because I like "emperor's tomb" soundtrack so much; I can't say Outlaws impressed me much though, I guess I'm simply not a fan of Wild West-themed VGM).
BTW I've just remembered that there's actually some BGM in Stuntman Ignition vids, they're mostly trailers from movies which are being shot in this VG so there's definitely some music to be heard in those videos. I'll try to demux and post them here, maybe it'll even happen this evening so keep an eye out for this thread.
Also here're some other samples by Ian Livingstone: unfortunately these 2 + 3 different meh tracks are entire Stolen score. Bionicle heroes is another nice medium-sized soundtrack which would benefit from ripping remaining (I'd be especially interested in Wii port or even DS version) or reripping some platforms (PS2 one was transmogrified by Alpha23 from MIB+MIH to SS2 so there's all more reason to redo that specific platform).
- by Ultrafighter at 12:01 PM EST on January 16, 2018
- It's finally time for some totally new stuff to be shared here! I've got 2 sets for now but much more may follow:
Redline Racer (PC)(1998-07-31)(Criterion)(Ubisoft) - the one & only disadvantage of this rip is that the first 1.5-2 seconds of each composition were somehow attached to the end of previous one. It's all CD-audio though with pretty much flawless sounding (no hissing, clicks or crackle which might surface in ISO dumps of old games from time to time).
BTW I thought that since Redline racer is often confused with Suzuki Alstare extreme racing (some people are even sure these two are identical VGs, SAER is mere Western re-release of RR with a Suzuki license tagged on to justify its existence) they both have the same musical scores but in fact they're really different! I even ended up liking RR's one much more than soundtrack from SAER: there're just 5 tracks in Redline racer but each of them is nice and unique; Suzuki Alstare on the other hand has twice more compositions but they're all very boring and similar to each other. To say the truth I liked a few of them quite a bit but these are just 3/10 BGMs.
Carmageddon TDR 2000 [Carmageddon 3] (PC)(2000-12-14)(Torus)(Xicat) - there're some scarce clicks in select CDA tracks but the rest is good; even demuxed vids are included in this rip along with one rare logo (not present in every single version of the game) & even an alternate voiceover for intro (in addition to English one)! 2 first CDAudio tracks have the same drawback as all Redline racer BGMs though.
See you in a bit!
- by kode54 at 11:08 PM EST on January 16, 2018
- Terraria (2011-05-16)(Re-Logic)
I've ripped both the Windows and the Mac versions. The latter will probably be preferred anyway, since they're all in easy to use IMA ADPCM WAV files.
I had to transmogrify the XMA files in the Windows version, because unxwb produced broken XMA2 WAV files, and xactextract2.pl produced wrong bitrate .xwma files. They don't play properly now, due to the padding or whatever that was added to them during the transmux (-c:a copy) to .asf format from what xactextract2.pl spat out. Maybe they should be ditched, once it's been determined whether the IMA ADPCM tracks are transcodes from the WMAv2 or not.
- by bxaimc at 12:18 AM EST on January 17, 2018
- How about bnnm's xwb_split tool?
- by AnonRunzes at 10:11 AM EST on January 17, 2018
- or maybe the original .xwb files as well since vgmstream can already play them
- by kode54 at 7:29 PM EST on January 17, 2018
- I was not aware that .xwb was supported directly. I did not see the extension in the formats list last time I checked. I'll just upload the .xwb and .xsb files, then.
- by Ultrafighter at 8:59 AM EST on January 23, 2018
- Destruction Derby - Arenas (PS2)(2004-04-01)(Studio 33)(Gathering) - all primary songs were ripped rather fine with help of ADPCM Player v1.44h but playback of all other sounds is far from perfect: a pretty long list of tiny streams which were most probably extracted incorrectly includes announcer quotes in many languages (powerup pickups & stuff), win/lose stings with crowd cheering, atmospheric ambiences and so on.
If anyone feels like helping me unpack that sound bigfile correctly or suggesting better tools for ADPCM scan then be my guest and please post your advice. Just to let you know most audio files are in a single DAT container accompanied by little BIN with the same name (I couldn't find any file structure or even names there).
Oh and about missing vids: all movies were in IPU format thus undemuxable (it's very likely there's no sound in them to begin with). I've got no clue where to look for audio tracks if they're indeed stored separately.
Whatever the matter I'm still gonna leave the ISO lying on my HDD for quite some time so that I'll welcome any assistance whenever it's provided.
There goes another sampler pack for Mark, I've been planning to compile it for weeks now and have finally gotten around to making it available for others. This archive contains original OGGs from Collapse plus untouched MP3s from Alarm for Cobra 11: Vol. 3.
Collapse (both original & its sequel/addon) is a really easy game to rip so that I truly hope you'll rerip it one day and archive such a great score here.
BTW there's sorta OST for the title which has 10 tracks used in game available in lossless quality (!) but obviously it's not enough (my small selection of example compositions mostly includes material you won't find in that official album): as usual there're many great tracks which didn't make it to the disc.
Score from Alarm für Cobra 11: Vol. III was quite a surprise for me, I'm totally sure I ripped this installment in the series years ago but why didn't it go to my private collection? I can't possibly believe that I didn't like a single track outta PC ver. BGMs back in the day (and I'm sure I checked out the same platform and maybe even the very same release I redownloaded a few days ago); it should have taken its well-deserved place in my pantheon years ago!
Anyway it's up to you to decide whether music represented in my package is worthy of keeping and reripping or not.
- by bxaimc at 1:05 AM EST on January 28, 2018
- Wait a min.... how many rips have you recently uploaded, ripped with ADPCM Player? That's an outdated and broken tool that should NEVER be used to rip a game. It's only for testing...
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0336s;