- About NUB audio format by HHTT at 10:32 AM EST on January 1, 2009
- NUB do not work on vgmstream and other extractors or convertors.
I guess this format is not implemented yet.
NUB is include in The Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces (for Wii) and
Family Ski (for Wii), Ridge Racer 7 (for PS3).
These games are all the games of Bandainamco.
Does anyone know the method of listening NUB format?
These are NUB files in The Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces.
- by manakoAT at 12:15 PM EST on January 1, 2009
- remove the first 48 bytes from "BANK_HANGER_BGM.nub" and rename to ".idsp",
don't know what the first 48 bytes are for, but it's simple DSP and even implemented in vgmstream! :o)
- by bxaimc at 2:29 PM EST on January 1, 2009
- NUB on Ridge Racer 7?!?!?!?! O_O
how do you know??
- by souma at 9:24 PM EST on January 1, 2009
- PS3(PS3 Linux)------[LAN]-------PC
edited 9:31 PM EST January 1, 2009
- by bxaimc at 9:54 PM EST on January 1, 2009
- hmm, what is needed to be done for viewing PS3 games with PS3 linux?
edited 9:57 PM EST January 1, 2009
- by hcs at 10:00 PM EST on January 1, 2009
- This isn't precisely what is already in vgmstream, the idsp header format is a little different. However, the most important difference is that these .nub files contain multiple streams, so we need to extract them first.
- by souma at 10:46 PM EST on January 1, 2009
I think you had better install "PS3SAK".
- by HHTT at 11:13 PM EST on January 1, 2009
Thank you. However, "BANK_VOICES_M12.nub" contains only one IDSP.
Thus, we can make it to simple DSP by removing 48 bytes.
On the other hand, "BANK_VOICES_M12.nub" is collections of IDSP files.
It is not possible to extract IDSPs by removing only 64 bytes.
To listen included IDSPs, I think that we should extract IDSPs in the beginning.
I saw the news that person who extracted RR7 found the BGM.nub file in
RR7's disc image. I have not extracted Blu-ray disc of RR7. Sorry.
This is other NUB file (BANK_BGM.nub) in The Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces.
I guess it including BGM of the mission and other main BGM.
This also contains some IDSPs. The boundary of each IDSP is not clear,
so the extraction is difficult...
edited 12:06 AM EST January 2, 2009
- by bxaimc at 11:22 PM EST on January 1, 2009
- Ridge Racer 7: BGM.nub 587.33 MB
..........but where can I find it???
- by bxaimc at 11:57 AM EST on January 4, 2009
- *sigh* BGM.nub is encrypted anyway :(
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0211s;