- by Josh W at 5:42 AM EST on November 22, 2017
- The "sticking" is a result of the VI interrupt problem that seems to be affecting quite a few rips, that can cause pauses, or outright han
gs. This occurs because there is too many VI interrupts being sent than the game can deal with.
I've found a nice hack that seems to consistently fix this on everything I've tried it with, which is reducing the depth on the VI Event Queue.
I'm going to start doing this on all rips going forward.
I've uploaded this fix for MK64, and the name & fade fix
and reripped Donkey Kong 64 :)
edited 5:43 AM EST November 22, 2017
- by Koto at 12:52 PM EST on November 22, 2017
- Hi, I'd like to know which usf player is the most accurate actually and if the following rips needs to be reripped or they would play fine:
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Thanks Josh W for reviving the N64 music!
- by Josh W at 6:07 PM EST on November 22, 2017
- Strictly speaking all of them are inaccurate, but the most recent foobar2000 player is the most accurate of them.
And even then, if the ripped set doesn't have the '_enableFIFOfull' tag set, its not accurate either.
- by thecoreyburton at 3:45 PM EST on November 23, 2017
- Fantastic work on Donkey Kong 64; the set sounds amazing. I went through it all to see how it turned out and I'm really impressed. I think the only problem is that one track, "Cranky's Potion", is missing in comparison to the old rip.
Whilst I didn't think I heard it, it's short and might be under a different name so it might have just been something I overlooked.
edited 3:46 PM EST November 23, 2017
- by Josh W at 6:00 PM EST on November 23, 2017
- Wow, it is missing. Shameful that I didn't pick that up.
Looks like the rip of that track failed, it should have been track 0x72, which its data isn't included in the usflib.
I'll check it out when I get home
- by thecoreyburton at 9:31 PM EST on November 23, 2017
- No worries at all, and thank you for such a quick response.
- by ChillyBilly at 11:58 PM EST on November 23, 2017
- If I may make a new request.... since two of the N64 Power Pro games were done, is there any chance of following up with the rest? I believe there's Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 4, 5, and Basic Han 2001 remaining, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks in advance if you can look into those titles, Josh W!
- by MoldyPond at 12:22 AM EST on November 24, 2017
- Jesus lord in heaven it's so nice to finally see a rip of Toy Story 2 and a fixed DK64 one. Thank you so much Josh W! (I noticed that TS2 seems to be missing the boss fight music though :( )
I don't want to overload the request bin, but the only rip I've ever had issues with was Diddy Kong Racing; certain tracks like the intro and main menu music are missing instruments at certain points. If you could ever find the time to re-rip DKR then I'd owe you something wonderful.
edited 12:27 AM EST November 24, 2017
- by MurraySkull at 4:57 AM EST on November 24, 2017
- Toy Story 2 tagged:
However, there are a couple of tracks missing - Mini-Boss and Prospector Showdown.
Also, would A Bug's Life be possible since it uses the same engine?
 (8 minutes left)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0095s;