- by maxton at 4:23 AM EST on January 24, 2017
- Bink Audio has nothing to do with Ogg Vorbis ;)
- by Half Mile Ride at 8:03 AM EST on January 25, 2017
- Could you release an update to SongCrypt for the newer 0x10 or 0x0F Encryption?
Why hasn't anything real been released in years?
I was hoping for a mod menu or something to be released that you could dump the mogg from or something.
Why do Warez groups fear HMX more than any other dev?
- by maxton at 12:14 PM EST on January 25, 2017
- I think there hasn't been anything released in years because the only person who had both the skills needed and the desire to do so got a Cease and Desist letter pretty quickly. Everyone else who could reverse-engineer things just wasn't interested in Rock Band, and everyone else who was interested in it did not have the reverse-engineering skills required.
Not only that, but it also seems that the majority of people were complacent about just getting the "analog hole" recorded multitracks.
And then of course there's the fact that HMX is just an indie studio, and if anyone wants Rock Band to continue to exist, it's wise to not be releasing decryption tools, because that just makes it harder for them to continue to support the series with new DLC, etc. Imagine if they were released between 2013 and 2015 - we probably wouldn't have a Rock Band 4 at all.
edited 12:20 PM EST January 25, 2017
- by Half Mile Ride at 12:00 PM EST on February 22, 2017
- ok @maxton I got you what you wanted, it took me some time and resources but I trust you.
Do you have an IIRC or somewhere we can talk more privately? You could also PM me on ps3hax.
I sorely abhor the quality of analog-recorded tracks.
- by Half Mile Ride at 4:17 AM EST on March 3, 2017
- I am looking to at least get a tool to decrypt up to 0x10 Encryption, I'd love to get a ton of songs that have the 0x0E encryption type.
- A wild 0x11 appears! by maxton at 3:06 AM EDT on October 16, 2017
- Looks like they've gone and made a new revision to the file format for DropMix, so now we're up to 0x11. If you ask me, we should be up to 0x12 by now since we have two different 0x10s, but meh...
- so... by Half Mile Ride at 3:58 AM EST on December 12, 2017
- Why would they revise it if not even 0C has been cracked?
(I mean I know that 0x11 has been released)
- by dorpxam at 10:59 AM EST on February 25, 2018
- @Half Mile Ride
What's up man?
I see that this subject interests you as much as me at this moment. Obviously, nothing really crisp to find on Google. But it seems that moggs up to RB4 are already decrypted. So, there are methods that are direct or indirect for that.
How can I contact you for a private exchange?
- by Half Mile Ride at 6:28 AM EDT on April 1, 2018
- Hey @dorpxam sorry for the late reply, you can contact me on reddit, that's where I am most of the time, I use the same nick.
edited 6:40 AM EDT April 1, 2018
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0043s;