- Mario Strikers Charged IDSPs by furrybob at 12:21 AM EDT on November 2, 2010
- I'm trying to play the Mario Strikers Charged files in vgmstream, but they aren't playing properly. The IDSPs are just crammed into a single .nlxwb file, one right after the other without any compression or structure. The extracted IDSPs seem to play fine in Winamp until you get near the end, then the file doesn't play properly. It might degrade into static, or drop one of the channels, among other possibilities.
Here are two example files: http://www.mediafire.com/?hparpunmtxij72d
- iDSPs from nlxwb by Peterka at 4:18 PM EST on March 2, 2011
- Hey furrybob!
Can you explain how to extract the dsps from the .nlxwb file?
You can convert the DSPs easily to a wav or something else...
- by furrybob at 4:22 PM EST on March 2, 2011
- I just used a hex editor.
- by Peterka at 5:19 PM EST on March 3, 2011
- can you explain how exactly? I tried to change the header to dsp in ultraedit but the file doesn't play...
- by Moonboy65 at 3:09 PM EDT on March 23, 2016
- I second this
- by starco5236 at 7:47 AM EDT on July 8, 2021
- Apologies for bumping a 10+ year old thread, but I would have made a new one for this exact issue, how does one extract the .dsp files from this game? I assume that all of the music is in Partition 1/audio/STREAM_GEN_Music.nlxwb and/or STREAM_GEN_NIS.nlxwb due to their sizes, but I have no clue how to use the hex editor to extract the .dsp files. If someone can please spoonfeed me, that would be very appreciated.
- by JackTheRipper at 3:06 AM EDT on July 9, 2021
- Try this using VGMToolBox, the offset is IDSP
Apparently, it is seen on Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
edited 3:08 AM EDT July 9, 2021
- by starco5236 at 12:13 AM EDT on July 10, 2021
- What tool would be useful for ripping the individual tracks and how does one incorporate an IDSP offset in VGMToolbox?
Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Using the advanced cutter in VGMToolbox with starting and terminating strings being 0x49445350 (IDSP in hex) you can easily do this.
edited 7:38 PM EDT July 10, 2021
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software