- Extracting Sound Files From N64 Roms? by thebib62 at 3:57 PM EST on February 16, 2011
- Is it possible to extract sound files from n64 rom files? If so, how would I go about doing so? I tried searching on google, but couldn't find anything too helpful.
- by agu fungus at 11:25 PM EST on February 16, 2011
- If it's even possible, I guess I might request all 251 Pokémon cries from Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 while we're at it. I like them better than the 8-bit ones that are still being used.
edited 11:26 PM EST February 16, 2011
edited 11:27 PM EST February 16, 2011
- by Lunar at 7:17 AM EST on February 17, 2011
- it's possible with a few tools.
SRip / N64 Sound Bank Ripper
command line based, pretty old, works well with certain games but not at all with others.
Sound Lib Extractor
has a GUI, seems to work with more games but the audio format of the extracted samples is some weird unplayable VADPCM thing.
N64 Sound Tool
newest of the three, seems easier to use, but i understand it also rips sounds in an unsupported audio format.
for the sake of convenience i've archived them all and uploaded them here.
- by agu fungus at 10:08 AM EST on February 17, 2011
- Hey, thanks. I was searching for these tools, too. Unfortunately I can't get Pokémon Stadium 2 to work with these programs. Any help, please?
- by Lunar at 10:58 AM EST on February 17, 2011
- yep, that's the problem... lots of games don't work, and even the ones that do, sometimes you just get unusable files (like with Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon... which I still really want the samples from.) it's harsh :(
- by thebib62 at 3:01 AM EST on February 19, 2011
- Thanks a lot Lunar!
- Now added by SubDrag at 7:53 AM EDT on June 6, 2011
- N64 Sound Tool now decompresses Pokemon Stadium 1! Not 2 though yet.
- Now 2 by SubDrag at 9:05 PM EDT on June 12, 2011
- Now Supports extracting pokemon stadium 2!
- by agu fungus at 2:25 PM EDT on August 2, 2017
- Well, now that we have version 1.3 ( http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=212 ), has anyone now tried extracting the cries from the PokĂ©mon Stadium games. So far I've only seen the announcer sound clips available in a soundboard ( http://www.soundboard.com/sb/PokStadAnnouncer ), but I still don't see the cries anywhere.
- by birdmanager6 at 5:28 PM EDT on August 2, 2017
- I'm no expert on that series, but those apparently use the complicated M.O R.T. compression that apparently nobody has been able to decode, unfortunately. So you're probably out of luck for at least a few years, unless a miracle happens soon (I.E. someone manages to get it cracked). Such a miracle seems unlikely to happen anytime soon because there hasn't really been any activity on figuring out N64 formats since June 2016.
edited 5:29 PM EDT August 2, 2017
edited 5:32 PM EDT August 2, 2017
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0034s;