Previous Page | Next Page
- by snakemeat at 12:11 AM EDT on August 9, 2017
- @AnonRunzes - Those .bin tracks are AC3. Thanks, I've updated the source code. I'll upload a new build eventually, but the GENH builder is still WIP and I didn't do any source code branching.
- VGMToolbox r1040 by snakemeat at 12:23 AM EDT on August 20, 2017
- VGMToolbox has been updated, grab it at Sourceforge.
This includes the nice GENH updates, some notes follow:
Historically, if a GENH file didn't loop, the "End Loop" field was used to capture the total samples. Now that a "Total Samples" field exists, I've updated VGMToolbox to use that field for non-looping files. Based on the samples bnnm provided, I've tested this and it seems to work in the latest vgmstream build. Loop Start and Loop End are both now equal to -1 (0xFFFFFFFF) for non-looping files.
With the new formats, I cannot calculate total samples exactly for MPEG, XMA, and other FFMPEG formats since I don't have exact calculations for sample counts. So, for now, the bytes to samples cannot be used on those file types. bnnm provided calculations for estimated bytes to samples conversions, I may add them if there is interest.
For older files, when editing, if a file does not contain a "Loop Start" value (indicating a non-looping file), I'll move the "Loop End" value to "Total Samples,"" as it should have the same effect.
Release notes below:
*** VGMToolbox r1040 (2017-08-19)
-= UPDATED =-
- Updated GENH to support new format additions and formats: ATRAC3, ATRAC3+, XMA, XMA2, FFMPEG.
- Can now use offsets for channels and interleave/block size.
- PSS: Updated audio stream ID identification for multi-stream audio.
- PSS: Added output detection for AC3 audio.
- SFD: Added output detection for AC3 audio.
[CRI HCA] Add Kode54's patch for masked HCA signature.
-= FIXED =-
[CRI CPK] Update to evaluate code page in file names.
[WII WUD] Add quick check for bad file table pointers. i.e. Sam Warrior 3 sample.
-= THANKS =-
bnnm for updating GENH and vgmstream.
Kode54 for HCA detection patch and constant vgmstream support.
Timo for sample files.
AnonRunzes for sample files.
EmuMovies for the developer access and supporting the scene.
- by cai_miao at 8:22 AM EDT on August 22, 2017
- Devs can you take sometime look into the Theater Days' case? I've uploaded acb files to my own server and posted link in the last post.
I can provide more information if needed.
- by snakemeat at 9:18 AM EDT on August 22, 2017
- Looking at the Snake Eater 3D files right now. Yours are next.
- by snakemeat at 12:24 AM EDT on August 26, 2017
- @nine - You said "acb format without SynthTable"
Sorry but I missed the sendspace link. Did it contain the acb file from the linked APK? Or was it a different set?
I looked at the APK, "Black Rose Suspects_v1.02.0010" and both ACBs (ot_tl_01.acb, SE.acb)I found have Synth tables and extract correctly. Is there another one you were referring to?
@cai_miao - Can you provide the list of correct track names for Theater Days?
edited 12:26 AM EDT August 26, 2017
edited 12:30 AM EDT August 26, 2017
- by cai_miao at 4:24 PM EDT on August 27, 2017
- Please note that I can't really recognize each correct names of wrong named tracks. I tried my best to list these things.
00000,00002,00004,00005 are correctly extracted.
For the threater_main_*.acb series:
There're 3 sets in the series corresponding to day, sunset and night.
Each set have add-on tracks in other instrument to mixing with primary track,
and the picture below is to describe their relation -- same length tracks are in same set.
(According in-game, set a = day, b = sunset, c = night)
699KB files are wrongly extracted as 00000_mainbgm.hca
00018-00020 are wrongly extracted as 00048_awakening.hca
00016 and 00017 are wrongly extracted, they both used on "gacha" page (former for "gacha" main page and latter for "gacha" result screen), so I don't really know which of them extracted as 00035_gacha_lottery.hca.
edited 4:33 PM EDT August 27, 2017
edited 4:35 PM EDT August 27, 2017
edited 4:40 PM EDT August 27, 2017
edited 4:45 PM EDT August 27, 2017
- by snakemeat at 12:10 AM EDT on August 28, 2017
- Here's the info from the ACB file you provided in a text format.
If you have a way to tell me which tracks should have which names, that will help me. Right now, there's no obvious technical issues, so it could be that the logic/algorithm is wrong.
edited 12:23 AM EDT August 28, 2017
- by AnonRunzes at 9:43 PM EDT on August 28, 2017
- Well, to tell you the truth the .PSS output detection is rather "spotty". For example, what might be an audio track demuxed as an .ac3 file is actually a headerless PCM file(Front Mission 4 is an example of that).
In any case, I think that the .PSS output detection should be done by checking the first 2 or 4 bytes(or 16 bytes if that's not enough) of an "track" so that an extension for it is assigned later on depending on the type of the "track" rather than depending on the "streamId" valu.
In any case, here are the samples:
These files came from the PAL version of Dropship United Peace Force. Just so you see what I mean, that one demuxed "0xb0" file is demuxed as a ".bin" file.
- by cai_miao at 2:31 AM EDT on September 1, 2017
This is a log FYI, from another tool which handles extraction of HCAs from ACBs.
If you need more info I will do it next free time.
- by AnonRunzes at 10:52 AM EDT on September 3, 2017
- Remember that SOUND.DAT file from Sky Odyssey I uploaded a few months back?
Well, I just found out that it uses a later SShd/SSsq/SSbd(yeah I know, it's non-existent) format that existed around SCEI's later games, around 1999 to be exact. All I had to do was a little digging around SCEI's later games to reach to this conclusion.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0055s;