- by Ultrafighter at 12:50 PM EST on January 13, 2018
- Hi Snakemeat, can you help me with demuxing some rather pesky XMVs from Breakdown? You can get samples from here. Just tell me if you need more (like much bigger ones or a few medium-sized example files).
Here's the problem: if I check "add header to output" box then VGMToolBox reports errors for most videos and creates a load of 75 bit GENHs (abridged and unusable I guess) in addition to *.raw tracks (they're not even PCM BTW, they're 4-bit ADPCM but headerless). If I uncheck that option I don't get a single error and no GENHs are created but RAWs are still headerless ADPCM (the very same files which I got using the 1st method of demultiplexing).
So can anything be done about it? Xbox Media Videos very rarely use ADPCM instead of PCM for their audio but I've never had such trouble before (demuxing *.xmv files from MotoCross mania 3, Shadow ops: Red mercury & The terminator: Dawn of fate for example).
Anyway I'll really appreciate any future fix which solves this problem (maybe tweaking VGMToolBox just a bit will get rid of the issue?). I believe that what is supposed to happen with Breakdown movies is this: VGMT should output only GENHs and not a single RAW file (be it actually PCM wave or headerless ADPCM); probably initial 3.1 or 5.1 mixes are going to be split into stereo pairs but that's about it. This is the way it always worked for me in the past when dealing with any XMVs I encountered.
I wish you good luck in figuring out this bug! Best wishes!
- by Mr.Sanic at 6:28 PM EST on February 16, 2018
- why VGMTrans refuses to open Wii's WarioWare?
Everything is right, but it takes a few seconds and then extracts nothing.
I tried with VGMTrans and it takes an eternity to open.
Any ideas to fix that? :,(
NEVERMIND I OPENED IT HEHEHEH
edited 6:31 PM EST February 16, 2018
- by Chocolate2890 at 12:34 PM EST on February 25, 2018
- @Mr.Sanic Glad you figured it out. yeah, you just have to wait a bit for some of them. same goes for games like animal crossing city folk, which also has sequenced music.
- by mariofan12ify at 3:55 AM EST on February 26, 2018
- Does anyone know if VGMToolbox accepts Nintendo Switch files yet?
- by Meowdoleon at 11:11 PM EDT on March 19, 2018
- VGMToolBox doesn't want to open for some reason.
I tried r1040, r1026 and r917. I added an exclusion to my antivirus on the folder the files are in.
- Status Update by bxaimc at 11:55 PM EDT on March 19, 2018
- so, afaik, VGMT development has stalled until...idk
Snake has gone MIA and I haven’t been able to get in contact with him since (hasn’t been on irc or replied to my emails).
edited 11:56 PM EDT March 19, 2018
- by BV at 9:29 PM EDT on March 20, 2018
- this game that recently came out (a few days ago) uses criware for its sounds, which i thought would make things simple because i could just use vgmtoolbox + guessadx + adx2wav to extract, decrypt, and convert the sounds. i had previously done this for another mobile game last year, which has worked well ever since. but for this game, vgmtoolbox throws this error when i try to extract from any of the game's .acb archives.
heres a sample file that throws this error: https://files.catbox.moe/1c11uk.acb
"Error received: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
there are two other errors that I get, on seemingly random files
"Error received: An item with the same key has already been added."
" Error received: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown."
does anyone know what's causing this? did i maybe extract it from the asset bundles in a faulty way?
- by bnnm at 5:10 AM EDT on April 1, 2018
- EA WVE "VLC0/au00" demuxer (PS1 videos: Supercross 2000) here.
EA WVE "Ad10" demuxer (PS1 videos: Wing Commander 3) here.
- by bnnm at 4:50 AM EDT on April 15, 2018
- EA SWVR demuxer here (.av/flm/trk/mis/...), see inside for info.
[NASCAR Rumble (PS), Future Cop LAPD (PC/PS), Freekstyle (PS2/GC)]
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0063s;