- by thewhitewhale at 1:04 PM EDT on April 3, 2019
- While we're on the topic, is it expected that an HCA decoded into an WAV and then re-encoded into an HCA using the same key it was decoded with will yield different data? The filesize is the same, but the contents past the header (and even a few bytes of the header itself) are completely different, and replacing the game audio with the re-encrypted file then attempting to play it in-game only results in a high-pitched, garbled mess.
It's worth mentioning that decoding the re-encoded HCA into another WAV will yield a WAV that sounds the exact same as the WAV from the original, but is ever-so-slightly different when observed through a hex editor. Doesn't seem like a big deal since differences are minimal, but beats me why it gets messed up so badly in-game.
edited 1:25 PM EDT April 3, 2019
edited 1:27 PM EDT April 3, 2019
- by hcs at 7:12 PM EDT on April 3, 2019
- Any encoder is unlikely to produce the same result after round-tripping through a decoder. For one thing it's lossy, so the input isn't the same as what was given to the encoder originally; it may be possible to reproduce the encoded data exactly, from an information theory perspective, but it's unlikely for an encoder to be designed in such a way that it works to exactly reverse the decoder. Also you may not even be using the same encoder, or the same settings.
As for why it doesn't work in-game, this stuff tends to be very specific to a build of the middleware and the various settings used when building the audio. vgmstream and others have a lot of hacks to increase compatibility across variations, but the games themselves usually only work with a single configuration.
- by Lakoyo at 12:41 AM EDT on April 10, 2019
- Anyone here used this tool? https://github.com/OpenCGSS/DereTore/releases/tag/all-v0.8.1-alpha (hcaenc.exe converting wav to hca, hcacc.exe encrypting hca file)
This is the references https://github.com/OpenCGSS/DereTore/wiki/HCA-Cipher-Converter
The game is PES 2019 (Android): 0000000000D77A01 (14121473)
Sample .hca music file from PES: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5m69i8gx0685hda/sample.hca/file
How to run command line correctly:
hcacc.exe in.hca out.hca -ot 56 -i1 ?... -i2 ?... -o1 ?... -o2 ?...
Please help me
- by Sephirothkefka at 11:42 AM EDT on April 10, 2019
- What is it with people and Android versions of PES? Why do they want to change the music of a mediocre game? smh
- by thewhitewhale at 1:37 AM EDT on April 14, 2019
- For your example it would probably look something like:
hcacc.exe in.hca out.hca -ot 56 -o1 00D77A01 -o2 00000000
- by Lakoyo at 8:29 PM EDT on April 14, 2019
- Don't I need to fill -i1 ?... -i2 ?...
edited 8:30 PM EDT April 14, 2019
- by Lakoyo at 10:47 PM EDT on April 16, 2019
- It's not works
- Okami HD PC by ponaromixxx at 6:01 AM EDT on April 17, 2019
- Help please search key for .adx and for .usm
edited 5:51 AM EDT April 17, 2019
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0053s;