Previous Page | Next Page
- by Nisto at 6:44 PM EDT on April 3, 2015
- Yep, that's correct, I did that for the sake of demonstrating in the screenshot (hence the notation of "original header" in the download link too).
So no idea how these HCA types can be decoded huh?
- Nisto by gdr55_55 at 8:39 PM EDT on April 4, 2015
- You need to convert this file from 56 to 00 chunk.
- by Nisto at 9:31 PM EDT on April 4, 2015
- Mhm, and how do I do that?
- Nisto by gdr55_55 at 2:48 AM EDT on April 5, 2015
- One file or more?
- by Nisto at 4:38 AM EDT on April 5, 2015
- The game has 75 HCA files, but any progress would be great of course..
- Nisto by gdr55_55 at 5:23 AM EDT on April 5, 2015
- I need to change the decoder (01 to 00) to (56 to 00). I will report on readiness.
- by rikimtasu at 5:13 AM EDT on August 11, 2015
- Just got a dat file from extracted BGM.awb. It is from an andriod game and seems to build with unity. Any idea how to convert them as HCA_decoder doesn't work too well.
- by Penpa at 9:47 PM EDT on August 15, 2015
- Hey guys. So I followed most of this thread in trying to change the music for Storm 3. The only thing i can't get to work is the acb cuesheet file. What do I do with it? After changing the music for the hca files do I have to go back and do something to the acb file? Is there a way to see what stage corresponds to what hca file with the acb file? Everytime I open it in Cri Viewer I only get things like stg01 to stg47 even though the game only has 40 stages... Also, everytime I try to play my hca files through the Cri Viewer I get noise, but when I do it through the CriAtomPlayer I get the actual song, is this normal? Finally, does anyone know how to make each stage have a playlist that picks songs randomly? Thanks for your help and sorry for the huge amount of questions.
- by Infernus Animositas at 11:19 PM EDT on August 15, 2015
- What do I do with it?
After changing the music for the hca files do I have to go back and do something to the acb file?
No, you shouldn't have to. As long as the file you replaced has the exact same filename it will playback in game just fine.
Is there a way to see what stage corresponds to what hca file with the acb file?
Not really if all you're given is "stgxx" from the ACB cue sheet. You'll just have to work out which stage corrosponds to which cue name from the ACB cue sheet.
Everytime I open it in Cri Viewer I only get things like stg01 to stg47 even though the game only has 40 stages...
Naming conventions don't have to make sense except to the developers.
Also, everytime I try to play my hca files through the Cri Viewer I get noise, but when I do it through the CriAtomPlayer I get the actual song, is this normal?
Yes it is. No idea why to be honest.
Finally, does anyone know how to make each stage have a playlist that picks songs randomly?
No, sorry. Not even sure if you'd be able to do that without understanding how to use CRI Atom Craft.
edited 4:31 AM EDT August 16, 2015
- by Penpa at 6:25 AM EDT on August 16, 2015
- Hi Infernus Animositas! Thanks for clearing up my questions. In reference to the last question, the only reason I ask is because the person who's music mod im trying to replicate my self did it. He made a randomized playlist of songs for every stage in the game, so every battle in that stage has at least 10 songs it randomly chooses when the fight starts.
Not sure how he did it, but I will note that, for example, the original games .awb file has HCA files all the way to 00000058 along with the letters 0000000a and 0000001a etc... while the person's mod I downloaded had more HCA files with a new naming convention of 000000a0 up to f9 including letters with letters such as 000000ea in addition to having numbered hca files to 00000099 up from 58. Not sure how he managed to tie multiple to a single stage and randomize them though. In total he had 259 hca file while the original has 90.
Also I forgot to ask, is it also normal for your own converted hca songs to be noise when played on the player or did I do something wrong in the conversion? I will note that, weirdly, the file i converted to HCA sounds like noise in the player but regular song in the viewer, even though ti was the opposite before conversion... I also read somewhere that the hca file you are replacing cant be bigger than the original. Is this true? Final final question, do you or anyone else know how to make your hca files loop? I notice the battle music in the game never ends when playing in the player. Thanks again for your help.
edited 1:11 PM EDT August 16, 2015
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0088s;