- by Infernus Animositas at 9:12 AM EST on January 5, 2018
- El Shaddai uses an early version of HCA and is also not encrypted with a key.
These .AAX files can be decoded using one of the earlier HCA decoders called HCA2WAV. You'll probably need to strip some extra header data from the .AAX files first though but it would be nice to have the functionality added to vgmstream.
- by bnnm at 9:15 AM EST on January 5, 2018
- The .AAX concat 2 HCA, this isn't supported in vgmstream yet (I hope to in the future). You can extract those 2 HCA though, the X360 set already does.
Then if you play you'll get muffled audio. That's because it uses an early version of HCA, which vgmstream's HCA decoder can't do either.
You can use VGAudio to properly convert.
(a reason to port to C in the future I guess)
- by bxaimc at 10:40 AM EST on January 5, 2018
- Aye, Binary Domain uses the same setup. And then you have that complicated mess in Street Fighter x Tekken that uses a individual hca stream per channel.
edited 11:00 AM EST January 5, 2018
- by punk7890-2 at 6:44 PM EST on January 5, 2018
- Thanks for the help. However I don't understand how to get VGAudio working and it seems like HCA2WAV only converts one file at a time.
- by Infernus Animositas at 12:07 PM EST on January 6, 2018
- Save the following text in notepad with the file extension ".bat" for multiple conversions with HCA2WAV
for %%i in (*.hca) DO hca2wav.exe "%%i" "%%i".wav
edited 12:07 PM EST January 6, 2018
- by furrybob at 1:04 AM EST on January 7, 2018
- To use VGAudio to decode an HCA file, do something like this: vgaudiocli.exe in.hca out.wav
For batch conversion: vgaudiocli.exe -b -i <folder with hca files> -o <destination folder> --out-format wav
- by punk7890-2 at 7:01 AM EST on January 7, 2018
- Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try it out soon.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.005s;