- AI SID Lib by alexi at 5:21 PM EDT on March 22, 2012
- SID library for playback of SID modules - .sid files of PSID format.
RealSID (RSID) is not in support.
With Winamp plugin source code (fragile code; may not work).
(if you will see the directory as empty, browse back-forward by it, or copy/paste this link instead of pressing on it)
Source code only; about binaries I don't care atm.
edited 5:39 PM EDT March 22, 2012
- by tails_ at 11:09 AM EDT on March 25, 2012
- Is there anything special in it? Currently using XMPlay plug-in based on residfp and pretty happy with it.
- by alexi at 9:42 AM EDT on March 29, 2012
- This is only for unhappy people :)
(this lib is not based on libsidplay)
I may add that it mostly is intended for developers.
- by alexi at 1:46 AM EDT on March 20, 2013
- The SID Lib is now at another place :
A compiled Winamp sid plugin now also is present.
(may not work on all versions of Winamp, due to a very fragile code for subtunes expanding, but on 5.63 it does)
As you may have noticed, I am avoiding to make even a simple review.
That is no way a lazyness; if I will say something good about my lib, it will sound like other ones do not have that, and that is not what I want to say.
But I may bring a differences, if compare to libsidplay :
1) Different layout of code (no K&R brace, different dependence of classes, and so).
2) No intention for exact emulation of chips (SID, CPU), but instead for the best mathematical/logical correctness, keeping the idea of original conception for SID : waveforms, ADSR.
(thus RealSID will not work; but PSID will be emulated faster)
3) No filters.
(this requires a lot more knowledge of maths than I have for now)
edited 1:54 AM EDT March 20, 2013
- by alexi at 12:59 PM EST on November 18, 2015
- The domain name has changed a bit : http://ai.foreverhost.us/files/
There currently are AI SID Library and my modification of Final III Cartridge.
edited 1:04 PM EST November 18, 2015
- by Master_E at 7:18 PM EST on November 18, 2015
- Holy necropost Batman
- by mudlord88 at 7:21 PM EST on November 18, 2015
- Nice, new SID emulator!
Do you emulate the SID filter distortion?
- by Master_E at 9:20 PM EST on November 18, 2015
- oh shit hi mudlord
- by alexi at 11:25 PM EST on February 17, 2020
- Mudlord, yep, SID filter been implemented way before you had asked.
New place again and only just one version (only source code).
- by kode54 at 7:26 PM EST on February 22, 2020
- Nice bump! Also nice to see this still in development.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0027s;