Previous Page | Next Page
- by TurbomanAlco at 10:40 PM EDT on July 8, 2012
- I am not a C programer unfortunately. And the tool to dump the BAA is that baad program by hcs. I don't know what the bst program does. Baad just extracts the music bank information and dumps it as bnk files which then tells the wyster what to do for when extracting the waves. So somewhere in the baa file I bet you'll find the connection between the bms files and waves, and maybe enough to develope a new program to automaticly give us what we need. I believe hcs got that dumped text file by extracting hexadecimal data from the baa file. Anyone good with interpreting hex?
- by the_audio_ripper at 11:56 AM EDT on July 9, 2012
- How to extract .bms files from sequence.arc(SeqBank) in Super Mario Sushine?
- by TurbomanAlco at 4:16 PM EDT on July 9, 2012
- You use rarcdump from this site. There's some other good stuff there too. The tool will make a folder of the same name as the arc folder where it is extracted. In there should be all the bms files. If it's the midi files you want, you need to wait for a tool to be developed to extract bms files directly on your pc. Otherwise you'll have to host the php source I mentioned earlier to extract the bms files and if you have free hosting you can't extract all of them (the tool uses to much processing for larger bms files and free hosting dosn't allow past its limit). That's yet another thing that needs to be done to make the best achievable rips of Zelda TP/Super Mario Sunshine music and I unfortunately don't have the knowledge to do so.
- by the_audio_ripper at 5:24 AM EDT on July 10, 2012
- UF's adventures in BMS
Unknownfile said that sequence.arc was not an RARC file... He wrote a program to extract the .bms files from sequence.arc, but I don't know how to get the program.
And what is BARCDUMP?
edited 5:25 AM EDT July 10, 2012
- by TurbomanAlco at 10:20 PM EDT on July 10, 2012
- I gave you the link to rarcdump which if you look on that site you'll see it says it's a tool for extracting arc files. The rarc part is just the name of the program. You don't need a program for specificly extracting only bms files from the sequence.arc. The rarcdump tool will just give you everything inside the arc file including non bms files. It's very simple to use. All you do is make sure the arc file is in the same directory as rarc and drag and drop it into it. Then a new folder will appear in the same directory with the same name as the arc file you extracted. In this case it would be a folder named sequences.arc and inside will be the bms files.
edited 10:21 PM EDT July 10, 2012
- by the_audio_ripper at 5:10 AM EDT on July 11, 2012
- It did nothing.
- by Dutchie at 7:58 AM EDT on July 11, 2012
- same here, whenever i drop a .arc file in the extractor, the only thing it does is create an [empty] new folder
- by maxton at 4:21 PM EDT on July 11, 2012
- For the BMS->MIDI script, go to http://bms.max-ton.net/.
unknownfile's website is gone, so if anyone knows how to get the .AWs and .BMSs from Super Mario Sunshine let me know.
I'll have a look at baad
- by TurbomanAlco at 9:38 PM EDT on July 11, 2012
- Oh yeah, it's been awhile since the last time I used the tool. I just did a test to see what would work and I see I missed a step. You drop the arc file into yaz0dec.exe and you get a rarc file. Then you take that and put into rarcdump and you get the output folder with all the contents in it. Sorry, I gave misleading information. And good work maxton. That site is what the php source I've been talking about looks like when properly hosted. That should allow us to easily get bms files without any problems. Now that we're all on the same page (I hope), all we need is a way to know what insturments go with which bms file. That is unless anyone needs an explanation on how to get the insturments?
- by the_audio_ripper at 8:31 AM EDT on July 12, 2012
- Yaz0dec will do nothing, because sequence.arc is neither a Yaz0 Compressed file nor a RARC archive file. I'm sure.
Edit: Where is hcs?
edited 8:35 AM EDT July 12, 2012
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software