Previous Page | Next Page
- by Yuuto at 1:02 PM EDT on August 10, 2012
- Percussion 0 is instrument 0, percussion 1 is instrument 120. The first value is the key, the second the pan, the third is unknown and the last one is the sample ID.
- by TurbomanAlco at 1:18 PM EDT on August 10, 2012
- Oh, so I'll try key 60 since in the midi sequence it is set for instrument 120 to be all on key 60. I sure hope this works.
Yeah, that didn't get me anywhere. I don't entirely get the percusion part.
edited 1:27 PM EDT August 10, 2012
- by Yuuto at 1:30 PM EDT on August 10, 2012
- Note that this 'twilight' sound on key 60 has the root key 59. I don't know if that is indicated anywhere, but with root key 60 it sounds a bit to low.
You simply have to set the keyrange to the value on the left in the percussion table, in this case 60 (in Viena 60-60). Then you set the pan to the next value (in Viena this goes from -100 to 100).
I don't understand what the problem is.
I uploaded Instrument 120 so you can see how I did this.
edited 1:38 PM EDT August 10, 2012
- by TurbomanAlco at 1:49 PM EDT on August 10, 2012
- Thanks, your probably right. It's probably on a pitch that's to low causing it not to fit in thew whole note. I'll try your soundfont. This is the last instrument needed to finish this .bms.
- by Yuuto at 1:52 PM EDT on August 10, 2012
- You mean twilight.bms? I have this ready, too, and it sounds like the 'original', apart from the missing reverb from this 'howling' sound.
I still wonder where the root key 59 comes from?
edited 1:53 PM EDT August 10, 2012
- by TurbomanAlco at 1:57 PM EDT on August 10, 2012
- The problem is that if you listen to instrument 160, the note appears to be to short for the wave or somthing. The point is it sounds un-natuaral. You have the same problem?
- by Yuuto at 1:59 PM EDT on August 10, 2012
- I don't even have #160 ^^
- by TurbomanAlco at 2:09 PM EDT on August 10, 2012
- My bad. I mean 120.
- by Yuuto at 2:19 PM EDT on August 10, 2012
- You're right, that sounds weird. It seems that the next note comes to early. I compared it with a recorded version of the Twilight Theme. If I increase the root key it is slower, like in the recorded version, but then it's too low. I don't really know what's wrong with that.
EDIT: I solved it. You have to set "Tune, Fine" to 25.
edited 2:38 PM EDT August 10, 2012
- by maxton at 7:58 PM EDT on August 12, 2012
- Wow, this is some great progress you're making. If you have any modifications to the PHP BMS script I can update the version on my server.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software