Previous Page | Next Page
- by AnonRunzes at 4:50 PM EDT on May 27, 2017
- @datschge - Hehe, I'm glad to hear the upload has gone well.
- by ChillyBilly at 11:36 PM EDT on May 27, 2017
- Managed to squeeze in a couple more rips:
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (PSN)
Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure! (XBLA)
- by Ultrafighter at 8:04 AM EDT on May 28, 2017
- Hi all, I've got yet another bunch of titles which might be reripped using the newest tools available out there. I think this would also prove useful for Marcusss if he ever wanted to reprocess some other games in addition to Kingdom under fire: The crusaders & KuF: Heroes.
I guess such a list could also serve the purpose of making existing rips much more complete than they're now since a few of them are currently lacking something. So here it goes, organized by my old ripping methods:
BIK->WAV->APE (I didn't redownload then demultiplex Bink videos from these specific platforms because I ripped their X360 versions and properly demuxed movies from the latter platform; those 3 videogames used BIK on both consoles so original *.bik files are presumed to be identical but it doesn't hurt to recheck vids anyway; IMO it'd be the best solution to delete APE encodes of audio tracks from movies and reupload just streamed BGM & icon music from the following old PS3 rips of mine):
Monster jam: Path of destruction (PS3);
The Bourne conspiracy (PS3).
Hot wheels: Battle force 5 (Wii) - I've never even intended to post this here but I guess it'd still be much better to redo this VG with FSBii instead of FSBext. This small yet nice score can't really compete with Beat that! or World race or even Stunt track challenge but it's still some neat original VGM from a mediocre title.
GI Joe: The rise of cobra (PS3) - current set has demuxed ADXs coming from USM vids but it only contains stereo variants of ingame music. There're also 5.1 mixes of all those tracks in music51.fsb as well as mono variations of select compositions in gui.fsb or something. FSB MPEG by HCS was the only way to rip the game back in the day but maybe now both mono & stereo interleaved FSB MP3s are supported by VGMstream. What if there's even no need to dump original 6 channel tracks to 3 stereo ones nowadays? It'd be truly great and this score really deserves it... IMHO!
FSB->WAV (I didn't simply extract individual tracks with FSBext and change extension from *.wav to *.lwav or *.xwav, I used "-A" key so all unpacked ADPCM files were assigned IMA codec tag instead of XBox one, 0x11 but not 0x69 as usual):
Devil may cry: HD collection (PS3) - I didn't add it to HCS64 tracker back in the day but I presume it's for the better now, these days any folks interested in it can rerip this title with FSBii, not FSBext (all BGMs should be playable when extracted that way);
Monster jam: Path of destruction (PS3).
Conan (2007) (X360) - all jingles from conan_music_stingers.fsb & conan_sound folder + conan_vo_en\conan_reveal directory (there're lots of FSBs there and 95% pieces there are SFX or VO clips but also some clean music can be found there; you can get my older rip to get directions where to look for any additional music in this title);
Monster jam: Path of destruction (X360).
WMV->WMA (if someone doesn't want to use Windows media encoder series to demux *.wmv videos but desires to apply Bnnm's technique to any WMVs he ever encounters):
Hot wheels: Beat that! (X360) - I did this as well as some other platforms just for myself and never posted it anywhere. BTW it'd certainly be cool to have XBox version archived here since it's the easiest one to rip plus one can easily get filenames for all the tracks.
XWB->PCM WAV->TAK (I believe XWB Split by Bnnm should do the trick so the third step is now completely unneeded):
MechAssault 2: Lone wolf - look for Music.xwb_dvd or Music.dvd_xwb, it's the most typical Xbox wave bank despite misleading file extension.
XWB->XMA (xwb_split.exe should be used on the title in question, this notion only applies to a single XWB file from MP directory though):
Battlefield 2: Modern combat (X360).
XWB->WAV (I used EkszBox-ABX on both VGs since it'd surely be much longer work and more bothersome task to process them with UnXWB, QuickBMS & 2 scripts by Alpha23; now XWB_Split should do entire job easily):
Battlefield 2: Modern combat (original Xbox) - MP exclusive tracks only, they're all located in one XWB in mp folder and can be found there with ease;
MechAssault 2: Lone wolf - bigger part of the game's score (or is it actually all APM Music?) is encoded using a pretty common variant of ADPCM codec, not PCM of any kind.
@ChillyBilly: kudos for Giana sisters: Twisted dreams, I'm so curious to check it out! I'm sure Machinae supremacy's work isn't gonna disappoint me, I'll grab a copy very soon!
Bye guys, see you soon!
edited 8:08 AM EDT May 28, 2017
- by marcusss at 12:06 AM EDT on May 30, 2017
- Hi Ultrafighter,
When i can I can take a look at some. I have a couple for xbox360 like that GI JOE game so I can see what music /formats it presents :-) no ps3 version though as I don't have much ps stuff these days but if I come across a copy online I can take a look.
I'm interested in Conan and Mech Assault 2 X360 so might try to grab them from somewhere to take a look
- by Ultrafighter at 11:22 AM EDT on May 30, 2017
- Hey Marcusss, I hope you decoded all FSBs from The crew with fsb_aud_extr.exe and got hundreds of PCM files with overall length of 9:51:59.521 instead of listening to original 51 *.fsb archives via VGMstream? If you merely listened through those 50+ original FSB Vorbis banks you missed a lot since their play length is just 1:48:28.350.
Anyway it'd not hurt to add small text files with instructions like "Convert all with EAlayer3.exe" or "Process all with FSB Audio extractor (fsb_aud_extr)". I guess it'd be very useful for future generations because not everyone is ripping savvy. BTW since there're so many different contributors nowadays I believe that ripper's name should also be in that tiny TXT / doc.
As for my requests they're John Woo's Stranglehold, Mortal kombat vs. DC Universe & Haze. The 1st one is the most interesting to me but it should be the most time-consuming or even the hardest one to rip, the 2nd one has to be almost identical to Mortal kombat (2011) (I mean audio system obviously) and the 3rd one might be the most difficult. It's up to you now to take these requests or not. In any case please inform me of your decision in regards to any of those titles.
- by marcusss at 11:41 AM EDT on May 30, 2017
- I used to use fsb audio extractor but i want to keep origial fsb files compared to converting them to pcm etc. I remembee using it for Dark Souls II and was a mess with songs playig too slow.or wrong sample rate etc..But i can use it i guess to make sure I don't miss any music..just to be sure ;-)
I think future generations will have no patience to rip or try workig HARD things out.so probably.want someone else to provide the music than themselves. It is a good idea to keeps notes on how one ripped a game if it was difficult and ripper's name wouldn't hurt either but credits aren't that important just share so everyone can enjoy vgm together :)
- by Ultrafighter at 1:57 AM EDT on May 31, 2017
- Of course you had to include only initial normal (I mean multi-track) FSBs because FSBii doesn't work with the game (or this type of audio banks altogether), FSBext unpacks individual OGGs but they don't have expected headers of any kind thus they're unplayable & providing PCM decodes would be virtually useless since they're not simply way bigger than original vorbis tracks but also represent unneeded transcodes and we don't need this stuff archived here. I only meant that VGMstream loads all these given *.fsb archives in playlist but only plays the very first track. Even I started listening to your rip that way but I figured out something went really wrong rather quickly and used that tool instead of our plugin on most FSBs (except a pair of XMA2 ones). Wouldn't an hour + less than 49 minutes be too short for a 341 MB rip (or 342 MB unpacked)? But this might be not so obvious to a typical listener who doesn't rip much and shouldn't be surprised at "tracks" that last a few minutes but have bitrates equaling 1234 kbps or even 1567 kilobit per second.
BTW if there was an instruction doc in The crew set I'd add "00000014.fsb is to be decoded using fmod_extr.exe, not fsb_aud_extr.exe" since the latter doesn't work right in this case, 4/5 5.1 compositions are incorrectly dumped to PCM (they're merely few milliseconds long). But enough of this Crew discussion, maybe we should get to some other topics?
I'm glad you're working on "GI Joe: The rise of cobra", an entirely new platform of the title in question would be even more interesting than rerip of another one, be it PS2 or PS3 or even PSP. If you have any trouble with Conan and Mech assault never hesitate to ask (BTW MechAssault 1 and its sequel titled "Lone wolf" are not for X360, they were both developed for original Xbox), it'd be my pleasure to help you out in any way possible!
- by marcusss at 10:21 PM EDT on June 1, 2017
- Just a heads up on what I'm uploading
* Apache (XBOX360
* Brain and Body (XBOX360 XBLA)
* Cloudberry Kingdom (XBOX360)
* FABLE - THE JOURNEY (XBOX360) Rerip as current rip is broken..XMAs do not.currently play in vgmstream
* G.I. JOE - THE RISE OF COBRA (XBOX360)
* MechAssault 2 LONE WOLF (XBOX)
* PERFECT DARK ZERO (XBOX360) 900MB ! Nice quality vgm btw!..also the game has no music in lvl_02 folder and no lvl_07 folder either..so i didnt miss those folders.in case you were wondering
* Rumble Roses XX (XBOX360) - Current online rip is for the DEMO so i ripped the whole game.
* The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 (XBOX360)
* The Cave (XBOX360)
* The Crew (XBOX360)---Updated Added more FSBs
* The First Templar (XBOX360)
* Trouble Witches Neo! (XBOX360)
* Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! (PS3)
I will add any more to the list later..
edited 10:03 PM EDT June 2, 2017
- by mariofan12ify at 9:38 AM EDT on June 2, 2017
- I might be asking for the impossible here but since Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2 was ripped, even though it's an arcade game, is it possible to rip Arcade GP DX?
- by marcusss at 11:45 PM EDT on June 2, 2017
- Also uploaded a few small xlba rips
Double Dragon - Just 1 UI song. Remix of theme
Sensible world of soccer
edited 11:46 PM EDT June 2, 2017
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.1628s;