Previous Page | Next Page
- by Lunar at 6:25 AM EDT on April 26, 2015
- unknownfile ripped a set of it (manually) a long time ago. It was one of the very first 2sf sets. However, nobody seems to have it any more... or do they? That's the question!
- by Mouser X at 9:16 AM EDT on April 26, 2015
- My recollection is that it was one of the games that UNKOWNFILE used to teach himself how to rip/create 2SF files. Although it worked, the 2SF format underwent numerous spec changes to accommodate things he learned about later. I think he concluded that it was a bad rip, and needed to be redone. Or it might be that the rip is old enough that it's not up to the current 2SF specs, and therefore isn't supported/played back properly.
Either way, yes it was ripped, but it was ripped poorly. Whatever the issue, the rip did have problems, and should be looked at again. At least, that's what I remember. It was a few years ago, and I have a hard time remembering last month, so take it with a grain of salt. Mouser X over and out.
- by BtEO at 10:14 AM EDT on April 26, 2015
- Delurking briefly.
Super Princess Peach 2SF rip by UNKNOWNFILE
And yes, it is an extremely bad rip. Most tracks are just sound effects (I actually couldn't find one that was music but I assume they're in there somewhere) and some crashed Winamp.
But I'm a digital hoarder, so there you go.
- by dj4uk6cjm at 10:40 AM EDT on April 26, 2015
- @BtEO I have the 2sf decoder plugin for foobar2000 installed but none of the 2sf files would play, just keep getting a playback error but thanks for the link anyways much appreciative.
- by kode54 at 10:10 PM EDT on April 27, 2015
- Possibly incompatible save states, as I used whatever format that the last release of vio2sf on foobar2000.xrea.jp supported, which works for some rips I tested at least.
- by dj4uk6cjm at 10:58 AM EST on December 11, 2015
- Sorry for the bump but has anyone figured out how these 2sfs work for this game or how to extract midis from them yet?
- by MurraySkull at 11:42 PM EDT on August 13, 2016
- Had a look at it, and found some, but not all of the music:
Interestingly, there were a number of duplicates.
- by dj4uk6cjm at 1:47 AM EDT on August 14, 2016
- Interesting find but they still don't play using the 2sf decoder, at least for me. Is there something I'm doing wrong? How can I play these or convert them into midi?
- by MurraySkull at 3:38 AM EDT on August 14, 2016
- They play fine for me in Winamp (aside from a few that make it crash)
As for converting to MIDI, that is most likely impossible as Super Princess Peach does not use the usual SSEQ.
- by dj4uk6cjm at 3:31 PM EDT on August 14, 2016
- I'll have to try it in winamp, I use foobar2000 with the same plugin but the result might be the different and Super Princess Peach did use a sound data like sdat file from previous DS games used so I'm fairly certain the game is sequenced. No one has figured it out yet though.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0035s;