Previous Page | Next Page

by dj4uk6cjm at 7:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2016
Ditto to what Anon said, I would like soundfonts from the AW files as well...can you make that happen and possibly compile it for us derselbst? That would be a really big help to everyone, otherwise nice job and thanks for sharing!
by Nisto at 7:11 PM EDT on October 25, 2016
win32 x86 executables compiled with GCC6
BMS_DE~1.EXE
BMS_DEC.EXE

Enjoy.
by AnonRunzes at 11:27 AM EDT on October 26, 2016
I never knew it requires a few plugins to work.
by derselbst at 12:06 PM EDT on October 26, 2016
Thanks Nisto.

I havent done any research on the .aw files, though I'm interested in getting this done. But I dont think I can do this on my own, i.e. starting completely from scratch (lack of time).

Is there any documentation on the AW file format available? Or example parsers? For a start this would really aid writing a small program that converts AW to a standard SF2.
by dj4uk6cjm at 2:25 PM EDT on October 26, 2016
Not that I know of but there was one person here who isn't around anymore that created the very first original Twilight Princess soundfont, his name was Yuuto and if I remember correctly he also made a program that read the BMS and AW files all in one folder and played them back to how they should sound, OST wise anyway but what it lacked was reverb and did not support saving samples to soundfonts so it was essentially just a player.

Here is his post about it https://hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=26574 I think he put the source code in that thread with a link too, maybe it would be a good start in finally getting this whole BMS project complete? I don't know but you could try, anything would help right now and thanks for actually being able and willing to take on this task...not many people do anymore.

Edit: I think there was another user here that might of had documentation of the AW format but he isn't around anymore either :( his name was UnknownFile so he could still have some archived posts here on the forum of his discussion about it, I'm not entirely sure.

edited 2:39 PM EDT October 26, 2016
by derselbst at 12:55 PM EDT on October 27, 2016
Ok, thanks. I'll look into it. But dont expect any results this year ;)
by jimbo1qaz at 3:17 AM EDT on October 28, 2016
@derselbst I'll look into your BMS decoder. Looks very interesting! I see you made the MIDI writing code a lot less bit-bashy.

Do you expand "calls" (push current address to stack, then jump to address)? Parse jumps?

> Looks like you still don't. This would break Wind Waker Dragon Roost pretty badly, and I assume many other songs.

Also you made it a C++ program, but you're still using .C file extension. I sent a pull request.

----

@dj4uk6cjm I'm personally not really working on AW decoding right now.

I saw the JAudio Player source code. Earlier, I thought its (Twilight Princess) BMS decoder didn't match Wind Waker BMS. Looking now, it seems to match reasonably well.

Source code: https://jplay.codeplex.com/

Yuuto's profile: https://hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?userinfo=1073
Interesting post: https://hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=37639&showpage=0#post_37647 "the 'header' is just a kind of meta track"...

----

I may have some time to work on my BMS project, but I need to figure out how to get my code into Cloud9 web IDE. Dropbox is unreliable (because the dropbox authentication is invalidated whenever I don't login to Cloud9 for a week). I could set up a network drive at home or VPS... Or use Github synchronization only.

edited 3:22 AM EDT October 28, 2016
by derselbst at 5:22 AM EDT on October 29, 2016
> Do you expand "calls" (push current address to stack, then jump to address)? Parse jumps?

Not yet. I was more interested in revealing more unknown BMS events. But I guess BMS_DE~1.C attempts handling those "branches" you mentioned. Looking forward if you could do some work on this.


> Also you made it a C++ program, but you're still using .C file extension.

It's an leftover from Yoshimaster96. And it's absolutely correct to use a capital C for cpp sources:
http://labor-liber.org/en/gnu-linux/development/extensions

However, its confusing, I agree.
by Yuuto at 8:14 AM EST on February 7, 2017
I realized the code arookas decompiled is not available anymore, so I decided to continue working on it (I'm just too curious to stop). Using Dolphin as a debugger and manipulating RAM while running the game I accomplished matching some command bytes with their function names, which clears up the meaning and usage of some of them.

bms_commandNames.txt
by dj4uk6cjm at 8:50 AM EST on February 7, 2017
Nice! It's great to see someone is still working on this, as for arookas...I'm not sure what has happened to him. He hasn't been active on his youtube, soundcloud channel or website lately. I kinda wish he was still around to help us out, I hope you guys can finish what he started!

Previous Page | Next Page
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Search this thread

Show all threads

Reply to this thread:

User Name Tags:

bold: [b]bold[/b]
italics: [i]italics[/i]
emphasis: [em]emphasis[/em]
underline: [u]underline[/u]
small: [small]small[/small]
Link: [url=http://www.google.com]Link[/url]

[img=https://www.hcs64.com/images/mm1.png]
Password
Subject
Message

HCS Forum Index
Halley's Comet Software
forum source
Generated in 0.0037s;