Previous Page | Next Page
- by Jasper at 1:56 PM EST on February 11, 2017
- The issue I was seeing was that sample IDs wouldn't match up at all. Looking at SMR.szs from Super Mario Galaxy, it would have AW number 0, and a sample ID like "2C 20" which was much higher than any sample ID used by any of the regions in the Inst sections.
I also don't see the uint32_t offset -- perhaps I'm misinterpreting the sample number as that?
- by sizaansivaas at 12:01 AM EST on February 19, 2017
- Hi there, I didn't want to resurrect some old threads from 2012 so I'm asking here if it's okay. Trying to find what .wav files go to which sound effect name (specifically the rain sound if possible). I already know the format for bms files and it seems that sound effects have banks too. From here it also says that bsc files have some type of sequence that plays the sounds, but I have no idea how this format is laid out.
- by Jasper at 1:01 AM EST on February 19, 2017
- OK, so, I'm now dealing with ADSR data in the BAA banks: the ENVT section.
The ADSR data I did for the Slider rip was basically 100% fake. I thought I was basing it on certain values but when I went back to study it again, I found it made even less sense than usual.
So the ENVT section seems to be made up of 0x0C-sized entries of this shape:
00 03 01 14 00 00 00 0F 00 00 00 00
00 03 01 16 00 00 00 0F 00 00 00 00
00 03 01 16 5E 34 00 0F 00 00 00 00
00 03 01 18 00 00 00 0F 00 00 00 00
as an example. From what I can tell, the first two bytes are either 00 02 or 00 03. I haven't seen any counterexamples yet. The next four bytes seem to be random stuff. Then comes 00 0F, and then 0's.
The entries always seem to be in sorted order if you treat the whole entry as a number. This makes me think it's not just ADSR data directly as previously assumed. I'll probably play around with this in Dolphin to see if I can get the game to produce different results.
- by Jasper at 2:51 AM EST on March 7, 2017
- Yuuto, I have another question for you re: C-DF. In Twilight Princess's Z2Sound.baa, there are often multiple entries for the same sample number.
e.g. there are two AAF banks for sample ID 0x0CA4, one at the C-DF entry at 0x0D6D0C saying AAF 0x02, and then one at the C-DF entry at 0x0D9D75 saying AAF 0x03. These are both different samples. I can't figure out how to determine the "correct" sample, since it's only used once inside the instrument at 0x001F751C.
Do the instruments also have the AAF number somewhere as well?
- by Yuuto at 6:20 AM EDT on March 12, 2017
- To be honest, I've no idea. My player would not be able to handle that case. Are those from wsys 0 or 1?
- by Jasper at 12:15 PM EDT on March 12, 2017
- I'm trying to get Malo Mart and this came up. Samples just sounding wrong. This is from wsys 1 (the music one rather than the sfx one) I believe.
- by thecoreyburton at 4:55 AM EST on November 12, 2017
- I'm not sure what the current state of BMS playback is (so forgive me if this is already known / not useful), but arookas has a tool that might be of use: https://github.com/arookas/flaaffy
- by fuzziqersoftware at 2:17 AM EST on November 24, 2017
- I played around with the Super Mario Sunshine data recently, and wrote some programs to dump the instruments/samples/sequences and render the sequences: https://github.com/fuzziqersoftware/gctools
The renderer is far from perfect; it ignores some opcodes that are probably important, I didn't figure out the ADSR parameters or get pitch bending quite right, and it probably can't play in real time unless you use --linear. But it does generate audio that sounds a lot like the actual game. I probably won't work on it much at this point, but posting it here in case others might find it useful.
- by jimbo1qaz at 11:38 PM EST on January 26, 2018
- fully? functional BMS decoder with looping support W00T
edited 11:38 PM EST January 26, 2018
- by Kurausukun at 6:12 AM EST on January 27, 2018
- How does this work/what files should I be attempting to extract from? Just to test I tried using Wind Waker, but I couldn't figure out what files to use.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0046s;