- Tonic Trouble MPEG-like audio format by Droolie at 2:47 PM EDT on July 19, 2014
- Hi everyone!
The music in Tonic Trouble (made by the same composer as Rayman 2) is in a very obscure MPEG format. You can find some examples here.
This is all I have figured out in the past few months:
It's segmented and packed in MPX bigfiles, each segment starting with a 4-byte number and then "2RUS", the 2 standing for the amount of channels (the game tries to play the files in mono when you change it to 1). The 4-byte number always seems to be bigger than the segment size in bytes.
Does anyone here have any idea how to play these files? Thanks!
PS: I've even provided the DLLs that play these files on XeNTaX if that can help somehow.
- by kooz at 12:55 AM EDT on July 23, 2014
- You and I seem to be the only ones remotely interested in this, Droolie. Haha...
Sadly, my reply to your XeNTaX thread is about as much as my intuition and "expertise" are able to contribute. Which is not very much, to say the least.
Interesting find regarding the header and its relation to how the decoder interprets the number of channels.
- by deton24 at 6:26 PM EDT on September 28, 2019
- Converter has been released with source codes:
You can consider donating CTPAX-X on Kiwi, Yandex Money, Webmoney (data provided in the left of the main page) helping them keep their site online.
Thanks also to Luigi for QuickBMS script extracting MPX files.
- by hcs at 9:49 PM EDT on September 29, 2019
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0032s;