- Eternal Darkness Audio Formats by Dark_Ansem at 8:04 AM EDT on August 27, 2014
- I'd love some help in understanding the audio formats of Eternal Darkness, excluding BGM as VGMstream can already read them.
\audio\stream folder files present a structure similar to this, in Hex, as they have no extension:
w. ../.|..cEd .3
\Autopsy files are .aud files that vgm stream CANNOT play. they are possibly audio files, since each movie in-game has one .aud file attached.
the \effects folder has .poo, .pro, .sam., .sdi
those are very probably archives, but that's just my 2 cents.
profiding link to sample of each filetype...
edited 1:09 PM EDT August 27, 2014
- by Nisto at 8:40 AM EDT on August 27, 2014
- Ah, looks like another MusyX game. Sorry to say, but I think it's sequenced (at least ed_fx), which means you'll either need a dedicated component to play them back (and afaik no one knows how MusyX format works yet), or convert them into an appropriate format that will play back in your audio player (e.g. midi+sf2), and even then, to do that, you still need to know how MusyX works obviously.
For what it's worth, I made a sample extractor for MusyX games a while ago if you're interested. Pretty sure it'll work for this game too. http://hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=36979 (see the last post on the second page for an updated version)
EDIT: tried it on the files you uploaded, and indeed it works.
edited 5:52 PM EDT August 27, 2014
- by hcs at 9:01 AM EDT on August 27, 2014
- I expect the .aud files can probably be handled easily with a modification to vgmstream, though, I encourage someone to take a look.
- by Dark_Ansem at 11:14 PM EDT on August 27, 2014
- @nisto: it did, they work in VGMstream. many thanks|
some of them don't work tho :( or they're super-brief, I can't decide. used 0 as extraction format. perhaps an update to the script, please?
EDIT: nvm, apparently converting them to WAV enables them all, kinda.
@hcs: I agree with you, I seem to remember vgmstream can already read AUD files, just not those ones.
what about those files without an extension? how to get audio from those, the "streamed" audio?
edited 4:26 AM EDT August 28, 2014
edited 4:36 AM EDT August 28, 2014
edited 5:03 AM EDT August 28, 2014
edited 5:14 AM EDT August 28, 2014
- by Dark_Ansem at 10:39 PM EDT on August 31, 2014
- looking through HEx the streamed files, nothing good for me however, have you had better luck?
- by Dark_Ansem at 6:11 AM EDT on September 2, 2014
- Nisto, I believe the extractor does not get the sfx tempo right, how can I fix that?
- by Dark_Ansem at 9:26 AM EDT on October 18, 2014
- Nisto, any good news for me?
- by Nisto at 1:47 PM EDT on October 18, 2014
- Oh, sorry, must have missed your previous post. Can you re-upload the sdir/samp files again? And which sample has incorrect tempo?
Keep in mind that the tempo of the samples doesn't necessarily have to be the same as that of the note from the game sequencer, so you might have to manually adjust it if you want it to sound like it does in the game.
edited 6:54 PM EDT October 18, 2014
- by Dark_Ansem at 2:20 AM EST on January 16, 2015
- happy new year!
dammit no notifications make very hard to follow.
Nisto, there are several other files not recognized, can I upload them too?
- by Nisto at 2:24 AM EST on January 16, 2015
- Sure thing
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0029s;