- Could anybody record an Ocarina of Time track from a real N64? by nothingtosay at 1:26 AM EDT on September 25, 2014
- I've read some people on here say in the past that the USF rip of Ocarina of Time plays slow, but I wonder if they're comparing it to the OST which definitely is faster. The OST sounds different from the game so it's not unlikely that it's at a different speed too.
I'd like to settle this but I haven't seen my Nintendo 64 in many years. Anybody got one and can just make a simple recording of a track or two? It could be anything but preferably not the Hyrule Field music since it's dynamic. If you don't feel like making the comparison yourself, you can upload your recording and I'll do the rest.
- by Franpa at 2:00 AM EDT on September 25, 2014
- I would, but my N64 is a PAL model and you probably don't want a recording from a PAL console.
- by nothingtosay at 6:02 AM EDT on September 25, 2014
- Heh, if the USFs were PAL I would. Thanks anyway.
- by Mouser X at 7:40 AM EDT on September 26, 2014
- The hard part is going to be finding my OoT cart. The N64 has been sitting on the floor of my living room (with all of the connections, power, video, controllers, etc.) for about two years now. I could easily hook it up and do some line-out recording. My brother (who actually owns the N64, but never bothered to take it when he moved out) owns the gold cart, and I own the gray one. But like I said, finding my OoT cart is going to be challenging. Maybe my brother knows where his gold cart is. But don't get your hopes up on me. I barely get online even once a week (often less). So you'll be waiting awhile if you wait for me. Mouser X over and out.
- by nothingtosay at 2:45 PM EDT on September 26, 2014
- Anybody who can record and upload would be appreciated. Even if multiple people weigh in with their results.
- by Lunar at 11:50 PM EDT on September 27, 2014
- Is there any particular song you would like to hear recorded? I could give it a crack. Mine is also a PAL version, for what it's worth.
- by nothingtosay at 3:19 PM EST on February 10, 2015
- Lunar, I didn't see your reply back in September. If you're still up for recording, I'll take any track you like.
- by kode54 at 10:42 PM EST on February 10, 2015
- Here's a video where I attempt to capture a loop or two of a few themes from the game.
I can upload a FLAC of the analog captured audio, if necessary.
- by Lunar at 4:51 AM EST on February 11, 2015
- I've recorded a song as well (Kokiri Forest). I stress that it is the PAL version.
- by nothingtosay at 2:49 AM EST on February 12, 2015
- Thanks, dudes. And I'd appreciate that FLAC, kode54. I hadn't planned on doing it when Franpa offered to record from his European N64, but it'll be good to see how the music plays on PAL compared to NTSC.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0037s;