- Parasite Eve SEQ rip? by mrjaredbeta at 6:28 PM EDT on October 12, 2014
- Has anyone successfully deciphered the AKAO driver for Parasite Eve? I really have no clue on how to do it, and it seems like people do not care about this game's AKAO format for some reason. I'm trying to get the SEQ data for music composition (I am a big fan of Yoko's work).
I'm fairly new to VGM stuff. If anyone could point me in the right direction for learning how to deal PSF/PSF2 file formats, I would be very thankful. I just do not know where to start off. Also, sorry if I don't make sense.
- by Nisto at 11:52 PM EDT on October 12, 2014
- I'm guessing most people here don't give a crap about horror/dark stuff. :P I've been trying to figure out the KDT1 driver/format of Silent Hill 1/2/3 myself for months, but basically no one (besides peronmls) stops by my project thread.
I'm kind of in the same boat, also wondering about the PSF/2 formats. I read the PSF2Kit documents but some things were not clear so I mailed Neill Corlett, but of course, I got no answer...
I have nothing helpful to add I'm afraid. All I can say is good luck to us..
edited 4:59 AM EDT October 13, 2014
- by Hotcakes at 1:06 AM EDT on October 13, 2014
- The existing set by zoopd isn't adequate?
- by mrjaredbeta at 2:36 AM EDT on October 13, 2014
- Yeah Nisto, I've read up on your KDT1 research threads and I'm really glad you are making progress. I've always knew that the Silent Hill games were sequenced but I never knew why they weren't included in the PSF sets. Thank you for taking the initiative for that.
And Hotcakes, the PSF set for Parasite Eve is available, but I cannot get the SEQ data from it using VGMtrans. I guess Sqaure's AKAO driver for PE is really different than the other games and no one has really looked at it.
- by dissident93 at 7:23 AM EDT on October 13, 2014
- Whatever happened to Neill anyways? His site is still down, but even before that I don't think it was active.
- by Kirishima at 1:00 PM EDT on October 13, 2014
- @ Nisto
I think it's less "they don't give a crap" and more "they wouldn't be able to help". I wonder if MarkGrass has any ideas?
- by mrjaredbeta at 10:31 AM EST on January 3, 2017
- by Arcanuman1 at 5:42 PM EST on February 29, 2020
Don't know if that's something you guys frown upon or not, but I could definitely use the SEQs from this game. Complete with soundfont would be stellar.
- by Kirishima at 9:11 PM EST on March 1, 2020
- Nobody's bothered to decipher the format yet AFAIK. You might as well recreate the tracks by ear using Nisto's PSF channel isolator program:
If you're feeling particularly masochistic, you could try loading the psf into something like EPSXE with Andy's SPU Audio Driver 0.16 (I think). You need to convert the psf to exe with something like MarkGrass's Generic Sequence Driver Utility in order for it to be useable in EPSXE. The pain from that involves using that SPU plugin to log a pretty much bare midi file. Other than just plain notes, NOTHING else gets logged, meaning you have to do everything else yourself.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0026s;