Previous Page | Next Page
- by starerik at 9:19 AM EST on December 16, 2014
- @RebeccaSugar The tracks not made for Smash 4 (as in non-remixes and Brawl/Melee/N64 tracks) are upsampled/upscaled.
edited 2:26 PM EST December 16, 2014
- by plusy at 9:37 AM EST on December 16, 2014
- @crediar Loving the chiptune remixes. Thanks, crediar.
- by Pik at 10:43 AM EST on December 16, 2014
- Kinda sucks they didn't go back to the master recordings and use those, but I'm not too surprised all the old tracks are just upsampled. Maybe they don't have the uncompressed files anymore? Weird considering how recent SSBB is, with Melee it's understandable since that stuff nearing 15 years old.
- by RebeccaSugar at 11:25 AM EST on December 16, 2014
I always assumed they had a big archive full of the original high fidelity tracks.
Guess they mixed them at 32kHz from the beginning.
- by VidGameScrapbook at 11:57 AM EST on December 16, 2014
- Some observations after looking through Wii U files:
-The Melee tracks are sourced from Melee, not Brawl. In Brawl, they made some interesting tweaks to the mix, such as reverb changes. The most obvious change is in Icicle Mountain (Brawl version added an organ sound at beginning).
-The Brawl/Melee tracks are slightly louder than their originals. This may indicate that slightly more may have been done than directly upsampling the files from Brawl.
-Certain songs are exact duplicates, such as much of the character victory fanfares.
-The last files of the fanfares could have been placeholders for victory themes for Ridley, Yellow Devil, and the Xenoblade enemy (meaning maybe they were planned to be able to 'win' the battle).
-Some songs are the same as Brawl but with different IDs. For example, W34 from Smash Wii U aligns with the 'missing' T02 file from Brawl.
-The Gerudo Valley 'original' in Smash Wii U is a slightly different mix compared to Brawl's "original" Gerudo Valley (different ID helps differentiate them in this case).
-This is more obvious, but there are 5 'test' files that are seemingly empty.
-Others have noted this before, but Wii Shop channel is a remix in this game (in Brawl it was the original song).
-They have a looping duplicate version of the credits song for some reason (can't remember this song needing a loop in actual game).
-CRS10 from 3DS seems to work with latest foobar vgmstream (it's a sound effect intro?). It is different from Wii U CRS10.
-It seems CRS08 and CRS09 are the only Smash Bros. 4 exclusive songs that are only available in 3DS version (rest can be found in another game with higher quality).
-I've counted 79 brstms in Brawl that don't seem to overlap with any stream file from Smash Bros. 4.
edited 5:05 PM EST December 16, 2014
- by WrappedInBlack at 2:10 PM EST on December 16, 2014
- UnNUS3 does allow some of the unconvertable ones to be... well, converted. But, it makes others that I was able to convert using VGMtoolbox... unconvertable... Can't they all just get along? @u@
I mean the idsp you get from the banks btw... some can't be converted either way... but it's different for each way you convert them... at least for me...
edited 7:18 PM EST December 16, 2014
- by Blazingflare at 10:19 PM EST on December 16, 2014
- "-The last files of the fanfares could have been placeholders for victory themes for Ridley, Yellow Devil, and the Xenoblade enemy (meaning maybe they were planned to be able to 'win' the battle)."
I'm fairly certain that those are used for Smash Tour when the bosses show up. Since those three themes match up with the only three bosses that show up there.
"-They have a looping duplicate version of the credits song for some reason (can't remember this song needing a loop in actual game)."
non-looping version is for the game credits. Looping version is for the one that plays on Final Destination.
- by Blazingflare at 1:18 AM EST on December 18, 2014
- I couldn't find the pick power-up music in Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker. I'm guessing it's sequenced?
- by soneek at 1:21 AM EST on December 18, 2014
- They might be bfwavs inside of the sarc archives.
- by Pik at 11:56 AM EST on December 18, 2014
Nice catch, I remember Brawl's Onett mix sounding a little different, but I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination.
Can't wait until other folders are eventually dumped, whenever that may be.
Yeah, I thought so too. Usually they keep high res versions of past textures, too, so it would've been cool to see the full-res Lucas and Ice Climber Brawl textures, since it's clear they were painted in high resolution and then sized down. Ah well, I guess it wasn't a priority for the new workers to search any existing archives for this stuff, if it's even still around. (For those confused, their models are reused as trophies)
edited 5:06 PM EST December 18, 2014
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0137s;