Previous Page | Next Page
- by soneek at 11:40 AM EDT on October 20, 2014
- You have to dump the bfwavs out of the bcsar for NSMBU. I'm working on getting everything sorted with proper names though, especially since it seems some of these tracks are supposed to play together.
It's not my top priority for now, so please be patient with that.
edited 4:46 PM EDT October 20, 2014
- by Kurausukun at 2:19 PM EDT on October 20, 2014
- Two questions:
When we understand bcsar/bfsar better, will we have programs to dump/rebuild them?
More importantly: Sonic Lost World tracks (including the two DLC ones)--possible and just not done yet, or can we not dump that yet? That was pretty much number 1 on my mental list of games I wanted ripped, right up there with MK8 and 3D World.
- by MurraySkull at 2:29 PM EDT on October 20, 2014
- Is there currently anyway to extract from .bfsar?
- by soneek at 2:29 PM EDT on October 20, 2014
Yes. If anyone else is interested in helping research bcsar/bfsar, I'll make time to document my findings so it's easier to make progress. Of course rebuilding them won't get attention unless file replacing becomes a huge thing for 3DS and Wii U.
I'm not sure about the DLC thing, but I'm sure a regular rip will turn up. I fear it maybe be HCA though.
I currently use VGMToolBox. You can throw this XML into the plugins/AdvancedCutter folder. Make sure you click "Load" after selecting "Nintendo Wii U - FWAV Streams" from the dropdown menu.
edited 7:45 PM EDT October 20, 2014
- Pikmin 3 by Zorg2.0 at 2:33 PM EDT on October 20, 2014
- I got a hold of my friend's PC. I have tried to use vgmstream but I only can get a WAV of the main sequence of music for Pikmin 3. Any advice?
- by MurraySkull at 2:35 PM EDT on October 20, 2014
- How is it possible to extract from .bfsar?
- by Kurausukun at 2:38 PM EDT on October 20, 2014
- Oh, I had nearly forgotten about HCA... I don't see why it would be, though, considering that 1. Sega always uses adx, and 2. Lost World 3DS used adx. But I guess we'll have to wait and see...
- by soneek at 2:45 PM EDT on October 20, 2014
- They don't always use adx. 3DS version sucked quality wise, so I wouldn't expect crap ADX with the Wii U version. Also, it's listed as using ADX2 (HCA) on the official Criware site.
MurraySkull see my above post.
- by bxaimc at 3:02 PM EDT on October 20, 2014
- Holy crap people. All of these questions. For the moment, no one else is able to decrypt the stuff, just crediar and the few who know how to as well. Things will come at their own pace so requests are useless. Take what you can get. Support and tools will come with that same pace as what you see available is what we have as well. Patience people, please. Also regarding the question with vgmstream. Its really meant to be used with something like winamp since the test exe is merely meant to do a quick conversion with 2 loops and 10 sec fade for any file run through it. If you really want to use just test.exe, run it through a command prompt and you'll see a list of options to customize your output file. Yes, it will always be a wav dump but at least you can have it loop whatever number of times you want and do whatever you want with it like the noobs at ffshrine or some other forum who upload mp3 conversions of the stuff or flac for the matter and claim lossless (HAHAHAHA right) or even claim it being the ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK when it's just a gamerip. Or use with audacity, sound forge, or whatever player that suits your needs for playing these wavs unless you use winamp, audacious, or foobar2000 to play the original files. Some of the original files may not play correctly on everyone's set up depending on their sound card capabilities such as being able to play all channels and down mix them or not at all and have to split them with something like audacity. Now, regarding the tools for extracting stuff from bfsars or any other archive, just use vgmtoolbox. It's been here forever and we're constantly trying to give snakemeat input in updating it for whatever we find. Just use the advanced cutter for simple finds f you know what magic bytes are and know how to read file headers. Now if you're pretty good at read virtual file systems from archives like bfsars, you can use the VFS cutter/extractor to get the stuff out more organized. Sorry if I sound dick-ish but we have lives too :)
edited 8:18 PM EDT October 20, 2014
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 4:58 PM EDT on October 20, 2014
- Ignore the original message (if you saw it).
How close are we to... well, in the most simplest terms, listening to an NSMBU rip that isn't playing 2x speed :P?
edited 10:17 PM EDT October 20, 2014
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0094s;