- Jungle Book: Rhythm N' Groove - STREAMED.BLK by hoodlum47 at 4:17 PM EST on November 8, 2014
- Hello all, I've been looking into getting music out of this for a while now but I'm getting nowhere.
The great aluigi helped me as best he could on his forum (ZenHax). He said he could not find an index table in the whole archive, plus I've seen other people reporting it using some strange compression.
aluigi suggested using MFAudio with specific parameters he provided which does give a result but the audio generated has frequent "pops" in it. It also only outputs a brief random point in the music.
If anyone here could give me some pointers it would be greatly appreciated, here is the split archive (to be used with aluigi's filecutter_rebuilder script);Link
- possible file type by kapodamy at 8:06 AM EST on November 9, 2014
- Hi, I was taking a look at the files and apparently are streams of VAG type (no header).
If so, one could rebuild stream or extract them again if they were poorly extracted.
possible type: sVAG
byte align: 2048 (0x800)
loop points: ????
edited 2:07 PM EST November 9, 2014
- by hoodlum47 at 10:41 AM EST on November 9, 2014
- So, progress made today but with a different archive from the same game.
This archive is STRLANG.BLK which I can successfully get music out of by importing the whole archive into CMP2 with the parameters mentioned in the post before this one. the problem now though is that throughout the music there are annoying high-pitched beeps. the beeps surprisingly seem to happen in a pattern and switch between left and right channel (maybe interleave related?)
The new archive is in the same link as the OP along with two other files that seem to relate to it which are called "HEADER.BLK" and "MAPLANG.BLK"
- by hoodlum47 at 11:57 AM EST on November 9, 2014
- Welp, problem solved. Apparently all I had to do was add an ss2 header manually and use vgmstream to decode it instead of CMP, which does make sense since vgmstream is still actively developed and CMP is a decade old now. Anyways those "beeps" I mentioned? All gone.
- by Lou18 at 11:43 AM EDT on April 12, 2017
How did you add it? and what exactly should i add? Was trying it with CMP, but figured it doesn't show all tracks. Good thing i stumbled on this thread.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0034s;