Previous Page | Next Page
- by KGN-004 at 9:25 AM EDT on May 14, 2011
- I don't think so. You guys are just mean and lazy. ;)
Someone should be able to tell me SOMETHING. Mark Grass just posted here the other day. Doesn't he know a lot about psf and the ripping of them? I bet he could have told me why if he looked into it. And I bet he could rip it himself if he wanted.
- by snakemeat at 10:40 AM EDT on May 14, 2011
- Tutorial on ripping PSFs here. Maybe this will be your first of many rips.
- by Knurek at 11:18 AM EDT on May 14, 2011
- Oh wow, KGN-004 wins this year's internet awards for being a total douche.
- by arbingordon at 12:29 PM EDT on May 14, 2011
- Hm, perhaps I should clarify:
I think if anyone could help and has the time to spend on a rip of some game they have never heard of, they would have.
- by KGN-004 at 4:25 PM EDT on May 14, 2011
- If you couldn't tell by the winking smiley, I was just trying to joke around. By the way, the Silver Surfer nsf in your archive (and most other archives I've tried) freezes at track 9, the high score theme. You should fix that, you douche. The nsf at Arc-Nova's works.
Anyway, I know it's pretty time consuming to do these rips, and I wasn't expecting anyone to go out of their way and do a ton of work they don't care about and have no time for. I was just hoping for some sort of helpful comment as to why a psf would playing too fast, if there was just some simple fix for it, or what exactly it would entail to fix it.
But I guess such inquiries offend LORD Knurek. *rolls eyes* Well excuuuuse me. Dick.
edited 5:13 PM EDT May 14, 2011
- by MarkGrass at 6:54 PM EDT on May 14, 2011
I have seen multiple requests for a proper rip of Tron Bonne, so I have written a SEQ converter for the data located within the DAT\\ directory.
The sequence format is very similar (perhaps, the same?) as used in Bio Hazard 3 | Resident Evil 3.
I'm not sure if these are 'better' than the original rips, but they use my latest psf driver, so the reverb, etc. levels can be adjusted.
Tron Bonne Psf Sample
I'll get around to a complete set, hopefully soon.
edited 6:57 PM EDT May 14, 2011
- by Mouser X at 7:22 PM EDT on May 14, 2011
- TL;DR version - ah, like you even care... Check the bottom, but it's probably not much better.
Actually, they offend most people, when you say it the way you did at the top of this page. Knurek is just more vocal about it (though, I'm certain that if arbingordon had responded first, it would have been worse...).
That said, joking or not, it wasn't very nice, regardless of how it was intended. If you *truly* intended as a joke, you certainly shouldn't have responded the way you did (on the great and mighty INTERNET, responding to an attack with an attack usually makes you look like the bigger jerk/doofus/stupid-head).
Yes, I'm certain there are people who are capable of re-ripping the set, or figuring out what's wrong with the current one. However, most of those people are unable to do it anymore, for one reason or another. Unfortunately, the person who would, likely, have been one of the best candidates passed away a year or so ago ( :( RIP ugetab. Though, he was much better with USFs).
Loosely speaking, those here aren't douche-bags (even arbingordon can be nice sometimes!), but often, they get tired of hearing the same thing again, and again, and again, and again. When someone responds the way you did, joking or not (which, regardless of the emoticons, is extremely difficult to interpret over the internet), it's frowned on, regardless of who you are.
Closing paragraph (to the above topic): Although you might not have liked the way Knurek responded to you, your interpretation and response was equally condescending (perhaps more, under a certain interpretation, but I don't have time to go into that). For future reference, if you actually want people to pay attention to you (instead of ignore you outright from now on (or flame you first, and ignore you later), which after this is entirely possible), assume that everything you say is offensive, and therefore you need to remove as much offense as possible.
Knurek is not a bad guy. By default, his response was, although in poor taste, appropriate. Obviously the default response could have undergone interpretation alterations (thus making it no longer the default), but a simple read of your message does in fact make you sound pretty terrible. I, for one, try to give people the benefit of the doubt, most of the time. Your post, which even I had difficulty interpreting as a joke (actually, I didn't think it was a joke... but I didn't think it was as malicious as others might have interpreted it), is difficult to swallow.
TL;DR - Basically, I feel an apology is in order, even if your intention was completely different from what was received. If you give a heartfelt gift to someone, even if you truly intended it to be good, if they hate you for it, you should still say you're sorry. Unfortunately, offense is in the eye of the receiver, not the giver. You gave a "gift" (it was probably in poor taste, the way you gave it...), and it was received with offense. Rather than an appropriate response of a gift (good or otherwise) poorly received, You responded with another even worse "gift" (though, at this point, it's obviously no longer a gift).
Anyway, there's my $2 on the matter (I figure with that much typing, it's worth more than 2 cents, and I gave it for free!). If I were to go on, I'd be wasting my time (for reasons that aren't worth my time to explain right now. Besides, I'm quite certain there's those who think I've already wasted my time). Sorry to go into this. I just prefer that people play nice with each other. It usually makes things run better, and people feel better all around. Mouser X over and out.
- by Mouser X at 3:16 PM EDT on May 15, 2011
- After posting my above message, I remembered that some PSF sets have been known to have speed issues, so a new tag was added. Check the PSF FAQ, specifically "Why is the tempo is wrong in some songs?" (It's nearer the bottom, than it is the middle). Have you tried that (adding/editing the tag, using Highly Experimental, or psfPoint to edit the RAW tags)? Can you find a number that seems to be sufficient for it to work properly?
I suppose that, at this point, such a recommendation is unnecessary since apparently Mark Grass is looking into it after all. Awesome job Mark! We all (those who love the Megaman Legend series) appreciate it!
Sorry I hadn't thought of this earlier.... Hopefully it's helpful. Mouser X over and out.
- by Lunar at 4:12 PM EDT on May 15, 2011
- how about you all shut up and listen to zombie daisuki music.
not 2sf unfortunately, but it does nicely for now.
- by KGN-004 at 4:08 PM EDT on May 20, 2011
- Thank you, Mark. I would be very appreciative if you got around to doing the complete soundtrack. That would be amazing. I hope one day Legends 2 is able to be ripped (I know it uses some custom sequence format and it hasn't been cracked yet, or whatever).
Mouser, I don't know what you're going on about. I really don't understand how someone could NOT see that I was just being cute and cheeky. What else would winking suggest with such a comment? Anyway, it's not a big deal. You don't have to write a book about it. ;)
Knurek, I see you still haven't added the proper Silver Surfer nsf rip to your archive. Would someone please directly inform him? I mean, come on! It's a Tim Follin soundtrack for crying out loud!
Also, Gil-Galad has ripped many more nsfs this past year or two, with the most recent update being May 1st this year (and fixed some others that weren't working correctly, or at all) that your archive is lacking. Might want to update it? AT LEAST replace Silver Surfer, please.
edited 4:30 PM EDT May 20, 2011
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0216s;