Previous Page | Next Page
- by dissident93 at 1:38 AM EDT on August 12, 2012
- @Mouser X
No, the songs don't have to be relogged to be played in the new VGM plugin, it just didnt play it because in_vgm did not emulate the certain chip at the time.
Heres the link to the new plugin (if you don't have it) http://vgm.mdscene.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112
And here are the non Genesis VGM sets. http://vgm.mdscene.net/forum/index.php?c=2&sid=e5bb000ffad346fe67558e3b68aa32b9
- aoDSF v0.10 by snakemeat at 1:38 PM EDT on August 25, 2012
- It's a 6 months old now, but I noticed a new version of aoDSF here.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 9:32 PM EDT on August 25, 2012
- What is aodsf?
- by JFD62780 at 11:37 PM EDT on August 25, 2012
- It's a DSF plugin, TUK. It lets you listen to hardware-sequenced Dreamcast audio files!
My favorites happened to come from a little-known game named Super Magnetic Neo. The demo build ALONE hooked me from its place in a magazine-supplied GD-ROM.
This plugin's newest build plays them just about FLAWLESSLY compared to the previous build (i.e. the tunes DON'T suffer clipping audio!). :D
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 7:18 PM EDT on August 26, 2012
- On the subject of xsf, specifically 2sf, and yes I've said this many times but, I still don't get it.
Is the most recent version of vio2sf the best quality that's possible for DS rips? I mean is that how it sounds on a real DS? When I listen to songs like the Underwater theme from New Super Mario Bros, there's some slight crackling, and the Castle themes from the same game, where the first few notes (dun dun, dun dun) are, there's a very noticable 'pop' sound after each note. Is this how it should be in the game? I had the game, but lost it years ago, so I can't check myself. I'm pretty sure the DS doesn't produce that much crackly and poppy sound.
As for 3DS music ripping, is anyone even remotely doing anything towards it? It's just that it seems like people are waiting for 3DS music ripping to be available, yet there's literally no evidence of any progress towards it, like some very early prototypes of prototypes of something .... seriously, Mario Kart 7 Rainbow Road without SFX... and other 3DS music that's not on CDs or available without sound effects normally.... am I the only one who'd love this?
edited 7:23 PM EDT August 26, 2012
- by Dais! at 10:56 PM EDT on August 28, 2012
- I waited for a GBA format, I waited for a DS format, and I wanted for an NGPC format (eventually supported by recent versions of the VGM format, although not much in the way of ripping is happening). The 3DS is a new enough system, and public understanding of its technical makeup is crude enough, that I think it's okay that it is where it is, and it's better to just chill a bit instead of worrying about what more could be done.
Incidentally, given how much larger 3DS games can be/are than DS games, I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of them use streaming music, which vgmstream will eventually cover when people figure out how to start properly pulling open the roms (not many of which have been dumped, in part due to the fact that there isn't really anything to do with them yet). It's coming sooner or later, so just relax.
There are really much vainer things you could be hoping for. How about the ROM dump (let alone the soundtrack/M1 support) for Taito's VERTEXER, or PSP games which use sequenced music? Nobody has made an SNSF set for FEDA or Shiren yet, and there are dozens if not hundreds of games (and their soundtracks) probably lost forever from countries like South Korea where the cultural context of gaming at the time meant little-to-no accurate chronicling or preservation....
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 4:16 PM EDT on August 29, 2012
- Maybe I'm being impatient :P
Does anyone know whether 3DS music is streamed?
- by hcs at 5:35 PM EDT on August 29, 2012
- Certainly some 3DS music is streamed, I'd expect at least as much as on NDS and probably lots more.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 7:31 PM EDT on August 29, 2012
- So, based on similar things, how long should it be before ripping music from 3DS games becomes a definitive thing?
Would I be being too optimisstic if I said before the end of the year? Would be be too pessimistic if I said after 2014?
- by Mouser X at 7:59 PM EDT on August 29, 2012
- If 2SF is used as the basis for the assumption, then it's about 2 years from release of the system, to a working format *and* player. Wikipedia says the NDS was released March 2nd 2006. As near as I can tell, UNKNOWNFILE released the first working set/2SF player here in January 2008. Though, the format, and player, went through numerous alterations and improvements before it actually got closer to a finalized state (some/many/all of the rips had to be reripped due to some of the changes that needed to be done).
That said, UF was using source code to an already existing NDS emulator. He had also been working on the format (and player/tools necessary to create the format) for about a year as well. In other words, is there even a 3DS emulator (that works) in existence? If not, then there's no chance of a 3DS format until an emulator exists. Once an emulator exists, *then* you can start wondering how soon a 3DS xSF format will exist. Again, using 2SF as the basis, someone needs to start working on such a format. After about a year, perhaps they might release something usable. To the best of my knowledge, no one as even started work on a 3DS xSF format. Thus, you're *at least* a year too early to be asking for such a format, because no one has even started working on it.
In other words, impatient?! Are you kidding me? There's not even an emulator out yet.... Worry about that first. Honestly, based on how it looks right now, it looks to me like you have *at least* two years to go before a 3DS xSF format exists. I mean, we don't even have a NGC/Wii format yet, and *that's* been "possible" for awhile now (certainly longer than a 3DS format has been possible, because it isn't. At least, not right now).
So yes, to say you're being impatient is grossly understated. Considering the current state of development, it looks more obnoxious than it does impatient.... Mouser X over and out.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software