- Gamecube MusyX Audio Thread by soneek at 8:48 PM EST on December 1, 2014
- Since this is gonna become a thing now, we may as well centralize stuff.
I've almost figured out how to completely convert the sequence format to MIDI over the weekend, and Nisto has done work extracting sound samples for this engine.
Next thing will be figuring out the instrument tables, so that we can make soundfonts to go with the converted MIDIs.
Tested games with this sequence format
Tales of Symphonia
Star Fox Adventures
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour <- OMG FINALLY!!!
Resident Evil 0
Still some more testing to do, but things will be pretty amazing once we can fully enjoy this music.
edited 5:36 AM EST December 2, 2014
- by Nisto at 12:19 AM EST on December 2, 2014
- Just tested it on a Resident Evil 0 track and it works great! :D
- by starerik at 5:44 AM EST on December 2, 2014
- Would be cool if the engine could be turned in to a player so that we could get the original reverb.
- by Nisto at 6:13 AM EST on December 2, 2014
- @starerik: someone made something similar to that actually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fBxLA2H-jU. Tried contacting him some months ago but got no reply.
- by starerik at 6:17 AM EST on December 2, 2014
- Yep, I've contacted him as well. He replied a few times but then stopped. There's no reverb in that player either. I couldn't care less about dry music, but if that's what people want.
- by Nisto at 6:24 AM EST on December 2, 2014
- Oh you did? Kinda relieved someone was at least able to get a response out of him. :P But perhaps it's not useless? As far as I can tell there are still a boatload of instructions (even non-reverb related) that are unknown that he might've figured out.
- by dj4uk6cjm at 7:26 AM EST on December 2, 2014
- Hate to ask but has anyone figured out the resident evil 4 (GC) sequence format? I don't have the file anymore...but it was bio4hedmidi I think.
- by MurraySkull at 9:35 PM EST on December 2, 2014
- Think Nintendo Puzzle Collection needs to be mentioned here.
edited 3:18 AM EST December 3, 2014
- by soneek at 10:46 PM EST on December 2, 2014
- Still figuring out pitch bending, so these aren't perfect yet.
Toadstool Tour Midis
I'll be ecstatic once we figure out how to back-convert the sound banks to DLS or SF2. I have plans to remaster the Mario Tennis/Golf GBC and GBA exclusive songs, and possibly some Golden Sun as well. It even seems like Tales of Symphonia might use similar instrument samples as Mario Golf, but I'll confirm it once I find the project files for Mario Golf.
edited 4:03 AM EST December 3, 2014
- by soneek at 3:13 PM EST on December 9, 2014
- Is there is a list somewhere of games with proj, pool, sdir, and samp files? And some games have a .snd file with all of these contained in there.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0042s;