- by Mouser X at 1:33 PM EDT on October 8, 2017
- I've mentioned JoshW's VGM archive before. Please visit it more frequently. If you do a search for budokai (see here), you will note that the game was ripped from the PS2, and based on the file size, it's streamed. While it isn't the Gamecube version, it's very unlikely that the GC version is going to be sequenced (to get sound fonts from the games themselves, they have to be at least partially sequenced). In other words, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to extract any instruments from this game.
Also, the FPS that Dolphin gets on your system has virtually nothing to do with the tools necessary to rip video game audio. You don't run the game at all. Within Dolphin, there's a way to view the internal file structure of the GC's ISO disc. It's been years since I used Dolphin, so I don't remember what menu it's under, but if Dolphin will load on your PC at all (you don't even need to open a GC image), you can extract files from GC images ( <-- that will require loading the GC image file, but it will *not* require running the game). However, I would recommend using VGMtoolbox (You can find it on this forum, or with Google. I don't know if it runs under Vista though), as that is a much more versatile tool, with a lot more features, and it might even be easier to use. Once you can see the internal directory structure of the ISO files (PS2, GC, X360, etc.), the only "hard" part is knowing where to look, and what to look for. There's usually a "sound", "audio", or "music" folder (or something like it) that contains music. If, within that folder, the files are really small, they're probably sequenced. If they're really big, they're probably streamed.
Anyway, check out the JoshW archive next time, when looking for a game's audio. If it's not there, then feel free to ask. Otherwise, it feels like you're ignoring extremely useful information, which makes me less interested in answering questions. Mouser X over and out.
- by Zetto Kuzuuya at 9:55 AM EDT on October 14, 2017
- Ah, though what I don't understand is that Super Mario Sunshine is one there, yet it is commonly known that a soundfnt and instrument samples exist and have been ripped. What's up with that? Why is that on there if it can be ripped?
- by Zetto Kuzuuya at 10:04 AM EDT on October 14, 2017
- Also, what about Soul Calibur 2 for the gamecube? I wasn't able to find it in the list, so does that mean I could rip instruments from it?
- by mariofan12ify at 10:27 AM EDT on October 14, 2017
- @Zetto Kuzuuya
The music for that is streamed, so I don't think ripping instruments from it would be possible.
- by Nisto at 4:25 PM EDT on March 16, 2018
- @antidote / jackoalan: can you look into fixing amuse for RE0? Both amuseplay and amuserender crashes when playing "bgm_0a".
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0057s;