- PSF rip requests? by 47iscool at 9:03 AM EDT on May 3, 2015
- Was just wondering if anyone does them. Been wanting a Syphon Filter set but the game must use a custom driver because vgmt can't find anything.
I'm no programmer so its to complicated for me. Sorry if this is the wrong place.
- by dissident93 at 11:34 AM EDT on May 3, 2015
- Not really, the community at large now focuses more on modern rips such as the 3DS and Wii U. You could always find an individual who would be willing to do it though.
- by Kirishima at 2:02 PM EDT on May 4, 2015
- I decided to look at this game out of boredom, and saw that this game uses the sep format for it's sequence files. The soundbank for the game doesn't appear to be a generic vab format, however, so vgmtoolbox wouldn't extract anything else.
Here's a game file that contains the data for the first level in case someone else with better knowledge can figure it out: https://www.sendspace.com/file/djjvj4
The title music is XA at least so I'll upload that to the other thread.
edited 7:12 PM EDT May 4, 2015
- by 47iscool at 2:10 PM EDT on May 4, 2015
- Thanks for checking it out.
I was searching through the files with Hxd and in one of them (can't remember which) but it the text "BEEP" which may be VAB data, Not really sure though.
- by Kirishima at 3:08 PM EDT on May 4, 2015
- I just took a more thorough look with a hex editor and it seems the game uses custom vb vh format for the sounds, maybe. The sep files are odd, but do to the way the game plays the music, it makes sense. Instead of just 2 or 3 seq files, there are multiple. I decided to just upload the title music here.
- by 47iscool at 4:18 PM EDT on May 6, 2015
- Thanks I will check them out.
- by Kirishima at 7:54 AM EDT on May 7, 2015
- Oops! I didn't read what i posted in this thread after typing it. I meant I will upload the xa rip here instead of the other thread (Joshw one). Sorry about that. Anyways i did sort find out the "custom" vb and vh files were probably just generic ones. The vh file was missing the usual header, and the vb i have no idea why it wouldn't rip. When testing them out with the seq files, however, the wrong samples would end up playing. I don't know how to fix this.
- by 47iscool at 4:41 AM EDT on May 8, 2015
- Thanks for checking it out anyway. Much appreciated.
Also does anyone know if a PS1 SPU logger plugin exists?
edited 10:39 AM EDT May 8, 2015
- by Mouser X at 5:44 PM EDT on May 8, 2015
- Yes there is one (there's even a Winamp plugin to play the resulting *.SPU files). I found it for you here (1.50beta2) and here (1.41). I don't know what the differences are, but I seem to recall that I used both versions due to compatibility problems. It's been years though, so I really don't remember for sure.
As for the Winamp plugin, I'm having trouble finding that one. I have it in my install of Winamp ("SPU input plugin v0.0.2" [in_spu.dll] "SPU input plugin v0.0.2 by Manbow-J" is what the "about" button brings up), but I can't seem to find it online.... Though, in searching, I keep coming across Japanese websites (or, something that's obviously not a Roman Alphabet based language), so maybe that's why it's hard to find. I do seem to recall finding (eventually, years ago) on a Japanese site, so maybe that's where it actually is.
That being said, Knurek knows of it as well (I found a forum where he posted about it, but he didn't provide a link), so maybe he knows where to find a copy of the Winamp plugin? Alternatively, I guess I could upload my copy somewhere, though I doubt I can find the documentation it came with. I suspect that to get the Winamp plugin working, you need the Eternal SPU ePSXe plugin in the same directory as the "in_spu.dll" file. Maybe that's why I have both the 1.41 and 1.50beta2 plugin, as one provides better compatibility with the Winamp plugin?
Tl;dr - Yes, there is a sound logger for the Playstation 1. It's just a pain to find and use. Mouser X over and out.
- by 47iscool at 2:12 PM EDT on May 9, 2015
- Thanks for the plugins.
Also I don't use winamp anymore, I find foobar to be better mainly because it can convert.
Maybe someone can eventually figure it out and make a PSF of it. So thanks to any and all who tried.
After looking at ape escape it seems this game too uses some sshd files or something, funny how even though both are Sony games they uses different types of sequenced music.
edited 7:57 PM EDT May 9, 2015
edited 8:00 PM EDT May 9, 2015
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software