- Mario Kart 8 lap 2 sound effect by supersonicmario0770 at 1:54 PM EDT on May 3, 2015
- Can someone show me where to get the sound effect when MK8 switches to lap 2?
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 4:56 PM EDT on May 3, 2015
- Does sonicbr0 (or whatever his name is) come here? IIRC he managed to get this, so he probably knows where it is.
- by Kurausukun at 8:28 PM EDT on May 3, 2015
- I mean, I would assume it's in the .bfsar... actually, I'll check it myself and report back.
EDIT: Yup, found it in the .bfsar, along with the final lap sound. I've uploaded them both in a .zip here.
edited 1:45 AM EDT May 4, 2015
- by LaniKai at 3:07 AM EDT on May 4, 2015
- Quick question. Does anyone know how to access the .BARS or .bfsar files? I see you were able to grab the Lap sounds from said file.
Any help would be appreciated!
- by RRD at 10:32 AM EDT on May 4, 2015
EXTRACT .bfsar (tested on Mario Kart 8's “turbo_sound.bfsar”):
- Get vgmtoolbox ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/vgmtoolbox/files/vgmtoolbox/ )
- Make sure that wiiufwar.xml and wiiufwav.xml are located in the \plugins\AdvancedCutter folder of vgmtoolbox_bin_rXXX . (found on http://www.hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=39085 , posted by “soneek”)
- Open VGMToolbox.exe (tested with vgmtoolbox_bin_r953)
- Misc. Tools → Extraction Tools → Generic → Advanced Cutter/Offset Finder
- Open the drop-down list on the right → “Nintendo Wii U - FWAR Wave Archives” → Load
- Drag-and-drop the .bfsar archive under “Files to Search”
- Drag-and-drop the extracted .bfwar the same way (it is possible to drop multiple files at once)
PLAY/convert the .bfwav with foobar2000 (tested with v1.3.8):
- get the vgmstream decoder from the foobar2000.org official website ( http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_vgmstream ) or the github ( https://github.com/kode54/vgmstream/releases ), the most recent one
- by PyroPaperPlanes at 6:52 PM EDT on May 5, 2015
- Somewhat related, does anyone have the Starman theme? It's the only sound/music from MK8 that I'm missing at this point.
Edit: Hmm, seems I'll need to redownload the bfstm file for the online menu as well.
edited 12:11 AM EDT May 6, 2015
- by RRD at 11:19 PM EDT on May 5, 2015
Star is in several files, such as turbo_sound_00000003_00000002 .
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software