- Super Smash Bros. 64 Soundfont by dj4uk6cjm at 6:30 PM EDT on May 14, 2015
- Super Smash Bros. 64 Soundfont made by punk with the help of SubDrags new tool, just had to share this here. Awesome stuff!!
The soundfont is automatic once again and pairs up with these midis here. It's best suited to play them using the soundfont in Synthfont as opposed to foobar2000.
For more updates regard to this thread.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 6:38 AM EDT on May 15, 2015
- What's the benefit of synthfont (or more specifically the .... opposite of benefit.... of foobar2000)?
Also, why is there not a "literal" opposite of "benefit"? You'd think that it'd be malefit, right? Benevolent, malevolent, etc? Anyway.... I shall try le soundfont (after dinner).
- by dj4uk6cjm at 6:49 AM EDT on May 15, 2015
- ...:P lol because punk told me that soundfonts made with SubDrags tool have a problem with playing back the percussion, apparently foobar2000 and bassmidi can't read channel 10 so yeah. Synthfont is better because it can play the percussion and all.
edited 11:58 AM EDT May 15, 2015
- by dj4uk6cjm at 6:56 AM EDT on May 15, 2015
- Quick demo: Planet Zebes theme also known as seq01 in the midi pack remade with the soundfont in Synthfont, it's almost too easy.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 7:43 AM EDT on May 15, 2015
- Is that percussion thing the same reason why the Super Mario RPG MIDIs I ripped with VGMTrans replaces the percussion with some kind of synthesized lead instrument?
Also, I always forget how to actually use soundfonts with synthfont. I always end up having it manually ask me which instruments I want for each channel or something weird. I'm probably doing it wrong.
edited 12:53 PM EDT May 15, 2015
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 7:50 AM EDT on May 15, 2015
- I'm using foobar2000 and the drums play fine, just out of sync on some MIDIs (unless that's what you meant). For reference, I have version 1.242 of foo_midi (the latest version I believe).
Also, what the heck is seq08?
Also, where is "Subdrags new tool"? It's all nice saying what was used, but not even a hint as to what, or where is it?
edited 1:12 PM EDT May 15, 2015
- by dj4uk6cjm at 8:37 AM EDT on May 15, 2015
- No, basically what punk told me was 2 things "some instruments could be on channel 10 and that's reserved for drums on some players, the second is that a lot of N64 sequences use notes inside of each other while a long note is being played and most players stop when there is another note inside of another. It's a unfortunate inconsistency with players like BASSMIDI"
So that probably isn't the reason why your SMRPG Midi rip isn't working, VGMTrans and nintspc replace the percussion instrument track with something else by default because I remember the same thing happening to the spc midi rip I had of DKC. I basically have to just change the instrument track in question to a percussion track and adjust the octave in Mixcraft, its easy and you know the problem with VGMTrans and nintspc not ripping the pitch and other controller parameters right? Well me and punk have found a way to insert them track by track in Mixcraft.
I'll show you how and make a tutorial about it someday if you want @TUK and to load a soundfont for all tracks in Synthfont, open up the program and click on "SF File" and then "Change Default Soundfont" and just search for the corresponding soundfont file you want to use in windows explorer and load it up and when the program says "Do you want to change the soundfont now for all tracks with the current default soundfont assigned?" click yes, keep clicking close if you get a small window about which instruments to use. Load a midi, play and you're good to go.
seq08? I have no idea actually :P probably a beta song or one that should not be there, hcs did the rip long ago so I wouldn't know.
Also SubDrags new tool hasn't been released yet, it's just being beta tested for now.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 9:05 AM EDT on May 15, 2015
- Oh right.
seq08 sounds like it has the percussion of "Mushroom Kingdom" (i.e. Super Mario Bros's main theme), combined with random broken parts of Yoshi's Story.
Ironically, or coincidentally, depending on how you see it... Yoshi's Story isn't actually in the rip at all.
- by dj4uk6cjm at 9:24 AM EDT on May 15, 2015
- Luckily we have a Yoshi's Story midi rip here already but I couldn't find that specific song but whatever hcs used to rip the SSB64 midi rip (probably the N64 version of VGMTrans) ripped some other songs too, strange but I vaguely remember ripping some songs from mario party 64 in the mario kart 64 rom using the N64 version of VGMTrans. That program does some strange stuff now and then.
- by TheUltimateKoopa at 1:57 PM EDT on May 17, 2015
- I can't use SynthFont. There's this thing called a "trial period", which is in the status, commonly known as "expired".
Unfortunately, there's no way of actually registering for the full version, at this moment. I can't simply "get money". PayPal is being a cunt, and keeps fucking e-mailing me saying "Your account is limited until we hear from you" or some shit. Doesn't exactly tell me anything about what I'm supposed to do. JUST FUCKING ACTIVATE THE FUCKING ACCOUNT!
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0033s;